The Engagement Day

Be Mine

 

Yoona’s POV.

            “Yoona.... sorry, but it’s all true I’m madly in love with her.” He said that made me shocked.

            “Wh-what?” I asked him and he quickly stopped the car to the side of the road.

            “I’m in love with Seohyun. I really love her. Mianhe, jeongmal mianhe.” He held my hand and look to the ground. I lifted his face up and looked at him deeply and after a minute I turned my head to face the dashboard in the car.

            “So, we’re the same then...” I said sarcasticly.

            “What?” Kyuhyun asked me with a confused looked.

            “We’ve lied to ourselves. We pretended that we like it but we’re not. Right?” I said still not looking at him.

            “Seriously, I don’t understand”

            “You actually don’t like this engagement, do you?” I asked him while looking at him. He didn’t let out any word from his mouth. “I trully don’t like this engagement. I’m in love with... with Donghae. I love his jokes, I love his silliness, I love his smile everytime he look at me, I love everything about him, I love him. And... he confessed to me last time but ever since I’m with you, I... I denied him.” I tried to hold back my tears but I can’t.

            “I’m... I’m sorry. We should have make this right before. Sorry” Kyuhyun said as he held my hand tightly.

            “It’s not only your fault, it’s mine too. But most of it, is your fault.” I said and laughed.

            “What? It’s half mine, half yours. Okay?” He said with a little angry face.

            “I know... I’m just teasing you” I said and laughed with him.

Kyuhyun started the car engine. We’re in silent for about 6 minutes but suddenly Kyuhyun broke it.

            “So, what’s your plan?” He asked.

            “What plan?”

            “We don’t want this engagement. What we want is to be with the one we love, but we don’t love each other. So, what’s your plan?” He asked me again.

            “Well... I don’t know….” I said.

            “Think about it later. Let’s go to restaurant, I’m hungry.” He said.

            “Hahaha, kajja!” I replied.

Seohyun’s POV.

I ran to a lake. I laid my body on the grass. I closed my eyes. Suddenly someone held my hand. I opened my eyes and I saw Donghae sat beside me.

            “Why you ran?” He asked.

            “Molla…”

            “Don’t be so stupid” He said as he hit my head.

            “Heeyy!! Don’t blame me for that” I responded him.

            “You shouldn’t do that you know. You shouldn’t have run”

            “Why” I asked him as I faced him who was seeing blankly at the lake.

            “Cause you’ll know the truth”

            “The truth of what?”

            “Let’s go!!” Donghae didn’t answered me. He asked me to go with him.

I stood up and followed him to his car. I sat next to him.

 

           

THE NEXT DAY

Donghae’s POV.

I walked toward my class but suddenly I saw Kyuhyun passed by.

            “Kyuhyun!!” I shouted to make him stop. I ran towards him.

I stood up in front of him. He looked at me confusedly.

            “Hae? What happen?” He asked me.

            “Misunderstanding. Misunderstand, that’s what happen” I answered him.

            “Huh?”

            “You have to fix this. I know you love Seohyun and so does her” I said.

            “Wha-what?”

            “She… loves you too. About.. my relationship with Seohyun, it’s all lies” I told him the truth.

            “So…you..she..lied to me? For what? I.. I don’t understand” He said.

            “It’s complicated, the reason we lied to you and Yoona it’s complicated. But you have to fix your relationship with Seohyun”

            “How about Yoona?”

            “Yoong?” Suddenly I remembered Yoona. Her, she love Kyuhyun and she’s the one I love too but Seohyun love Kyuhyun on a first sight and Seohyun now is like my closest friend.

            “Hae, are you okay?” Kyuhyun woke me up from my day dreaming.

            “Gotta go now” I said as I walked away from Kyuhyun. I walked toward my class until I saw Yoona, I pulled her wrist.

            “Yoona, I want to talk with you.” I said.

            “Hm.. then, say it.” She said nerveous.

            “I want you to help me.” I said.

            “Help you?”

            “I want to fix everything. I want to help Kyuhyun and Seohyun come back like before. I know what Kyuhyun feel to Seohyun. And I want you to help to make my plan is going perfect.” I said.

            “Hm… I agreed. Tell me what’s your plan.” She said.

            “My plan is……”

Kyuhyun’s POV.

Something wrong with Donghae. He said I have to fix my relationship with Seohyun. But what I have to do?

I walked toward my class and I saw Yoona with Seohyun, they were talking. Suddenly Donghae ran over Seohyun, he looked in hurry, he hit Seohyun, she lose her balance. She’s about to fell, I ran toward her and caught her into a hug.

            “Gwenchana?” I asked.

            “N… ne…. g….gwenchanayo…” She said stuttered. She was blushing.

“Gomawo…” She said nerveous.

Woaaa, she’s not avoiding me anymore. I think Donghae did this on a purpose. Thanks Hae!

Seohyun’s POV.

I was blushing. And my heart was beating faster, no now my heart still beating faster. I can concentrate now. Why? Why he always make me so hard to hate him, to forget him, why?

            “Seohyun-ah, gwenchana?” Yoona asked me.

            “Eh, mm, yes… gwenchanayo..” I said.

            “Do you want to go out to get some fresh air?” She asked.

            “Great idea.” I answered.

We walked toward the park in the school. I sat on the bench. I closed my eyes try to enjoy this all.

Kyuhyun’s POV.

Tonight is my engagedment with Yoona. I don’t know what will happen. I hope this going well. I don’t want to lose her, the one that I love.

            “Yoona, tonight is our engagedment. I don’t want to lose her, I don’t want she lose her smile.” I said.

            “Calm down, Kyu…. Just follow me…” She said.

THE NIGHT- YOONA AND KYUHYUN ENGAGEDMENT DAY

            “Congratulations Kyu for your engagedment with Yoona, I’m happy for you..” Leeteuk hyung said.

            “Congratulations, evil! Hahaha” Eunhyuk hyung said.

I walked around my house but I couldn’t find Seohyun. Where is she? Is she come?

So many question is my head.

            “Kyu, calm down!” Yoona calm me down.

            “I can’t!” I replied.

            “I’m sure Seohyun will come, Donghae just pick her up.” She said.

            “Jinjja?!” I asked. She just nodded.

            “Gomawo Yoona!!” I said.

After a few minutes, finally, she’s come. Her face, I don’t like that face. I didn’t see her smile. Donghae came with her toward me and Yoona.

            “Congrats Yoong, Kyu” Donghae said and smile.

            “Thanks” I said.

            “Congrats” Seohyun said shortly.

Suddenly I saw my parents and Yoona’s too. They looked like want to announce something.

            “The engagement start. My son, Kyuhyun and Yoona… come here, will you?” My mom said. I walked toward my mom. She gave me a little red box with heart shape. Without open the box I know that inside the box is an ENGAGEMENT ring.

I opened the box slowly. I looked at Yoona’s face, she was looking very nervous. I took the ring and I tried to look at Seohyun. Her eyes was watery, then I whispered to Yoona.

            “Do you really want this engagement?” I asked. She didn’t answer, but I knew that she didn’t want this, she kept looking at Donghae. I let out a heavy breath and then I let the ring fell from my hand. All eyes were on me. I saw Seohyun looked confused.

My mom walked to where the ring fell. “Mom, you don’t need to.” I said. My mom was looking at me, confused.

            “I don’t want this engagement so does Yoona. We both lied. We don’t love each other.” I said loud. I looked at Seohyun, she was about to leave the place.

            “Seohyun, wait.” She looked at me. I walked toward Seohyun, everybody was looking at us. I held her hand.

            “Seohyun…… I love you.” I said as I kissed her forehead. And then the next thing I do is hugged her.