Eight

The Arrow

You ran around in a meadow. The bright sun light up the green hills around you. Their colour was so radiant, it almost looked unreal. You spread your arms out, took a deep breath of fresh air in and closed your eyes to fully enjoy the wonder that was nature. It just felt so good, you were completely at ease.

Suddenly you could hear an earshattering growl in the distance, yet it sounded so near. You thought of a bear or a wolf, but how could that be in the meadow, with no forests around you whatsoever. But you were certain you heard something. you looked around, you chest tightening in tension. Still, you couldn't make out what that sound was coming from.

Another growl! Even closer! Sounded like it came from above. You looked up. Although the sunshine limited your sight, you could see grey spots in the sky. Hundreds, at least. And they looked like they had tails. What the heck was that? You shielded your eyes from the sun and tried to make out, what exactly those thing in the sky were.

A low but steady buzzing sound echoed through your whole body, leaving you frozen with a shivering body right on the spot in the midle of the meadow.The wind picked up speed and the flowers around you, as well as your clothes started swaying. The grey things in the sky seemed to come closer to your world. Fast.

Then it hit you. Those were meteorites! Reallife meteorites! Never would you have dreamed of seeing those with your own eyes. A smile formed on your face. These a the wonders of nature that you loved. They were incredibly mesmerizing to you. Youngje never understood your love for "those ty basic stuff", as he called them. He just took them for granted. You didn't like his attitude, but you couldn't change it either. 

And then it hit you again. Those were meteorites! Coming towards you! That's not something to be smiling about actually. Your mimic soon turned into a frown, then into complete horror. You looked around but still, there was nothing but grass and small hills as far as you could see. Well, . What now? The grey monsters came closer, in the distance you could hear some crashing into the ground with a loud bang already. You had to get out of here. But where to? 

Contemplating whether to run or lay flat on the ground, you could hear a voice coming out of nowhere. It shouted unintelligible words at first. Slowly the voice start to clear up, sounding like your name shouted over and over again. You were confused as no one was there with you on that meadow. You thought you were alone all along. But the voice became clearer and clearer. You could make out that it was a male voice, and after some seconds it actually sounded pretty close. Like right next to your ear. It became quite uncomfortable now, leaving your body cringing with every mention of your name. You wanted to answer already but something held you back. More specifically you couldn't get any sound out, as if your throat was blocked by some magical spell. It was terrifying. So terrifying actually, it left you speechles as well as motionless. You couldn't move one single muscle in your body. You start hyperventilating and your mind went blank after the shock you recieved.

 

You snapped your eyes open. Before your vision could clear up you felt heat all around you. It wasn't the pleasent heat you got from Mark's embrace right before you fell asleep but rather a displeasing heat which would make you jump away from the source. You blinked a few times to get rid of the foggy vision. Slowly you could make out a familiar shape of face only inches away from your own. Red Hair. Big brown eyes. Mark was lightly slapping your cheeks and still repeating your name. Once you came back to your senses, you sat straight up on your matress that provided you comfort and safety only minutes ago. You could see Mark letting out a sign and turning around to unidentified people to give a thumbs up. As fast as he turned to those unknowned sources of his interest he turned around to you again and helped you up to your feet. Only now you could see that the whole room was lit up and quite foggy, much to your distress. You didn't know what was going on but it seemed very severe to have everyone running around like crazy. Your head snapped this and that way only to capture glimpes of Jackosn and Yugyeom hurrying around to collect stuff. 

"We gotta get out of here. Like now! I will tell you everything once we're in safety."

You needed no more than that to nod once and take Mark's outstreched hand to led him lead you. You held down your head to avoid any broken down wooden planks in the room and further the broken down stone ceiling in the main hall of the main hall in the convent.

But of course, how could it else be, you suddenly felt a sharp pain in your sculp and your whole vision went black.