Six

The Arrow

 “Well, I think we know now where Mark went off to”, Yugyeom casually stated.

Still, not one pair of eyes left you, and you could feel yourself get lightheaded. You realized you held your breath since you discovered them and took a deep heavy breath to clear your mind. Okay, honestly speaking this was your own stupidity for not thinking of the boys actually being there, in their HIDEOUT. Stupid, stupid little girl. Why? Ha, so foolish. Like always. You understood now why Youngjae was always so protective of you. You really were a slow thinker. Well, congrats to your discovery, now what? You were still frozen on the spot, not moving one little muscle. Your brain just kind of blocked, giving you no chance of coming up with any solution of this new occurred problem. ‘’ was the only thing you could think of, over and over again. Not really helping.

 

Your eyes wandered the stiff bodies in front of you, halting only at one. You knew him. You knew every single one of them. You just never had been this close to them before. So it kind of struck you to see exactly how beautiful they all were up close. Your eyes intertwined with his and you felt somehow relieved for a second. You felt safe.

But of course that didn't last long as one of the boys, BamBam, suddenly spoke up.

"Hey, there. Can we help you? You do know that you actually are kinda outnumbered right now." BamBam sounded incredibly confused. He looked around, hoping one of his teammates would provide and answer for the unasked questions. But of course no one had a clue about what exactly was happening here.

Breaking eye contact with their leader you felt your insecurity crawl back into your body, leaving shivers on your spine and forcing the hair on your arms and neck to stand in fear. What the hell was that about? 

Shuddering lightly more in fear than of the cold in this spring night you mumbled incoherent words, not even definable by your own self. 

“What was that? I didn’t quite catch that. Could you run that by me again?”, Jackson said, his voice full of sarcasm, you could hear from miles away.

“I said, I’m sorry, I just needed a place to hide”, you said as a matter of fact. Your situation wasn’t one to be defensive and cocky but you couldn’t help it.

“Oh, well then, welcome to castle GOT IT. Your place to hide and seek for your entertainment. We arranged everything for your pleasure. If there is anything unpleasant, just let us now and we’ll fix it.” Jr. spoke up for the first time and you knew you were going to hate him to bits. This wasn’t some kind of game to you. Those guys outside were after you to kill you, not to play some stupid games. Ugh, this is all so frustrating. You looked over to Jaebum, the leader, and hopefully the peacemaker in the group of freaking s standing in front of you.

“Guys, that’s enough.” You sighed quite audibly at those words. You started to have faith in the only sane person in this room beside yourself. Jaebum had that kind of voice that would shut up every individual present. No wonder he was chosen as leader. “We will not attack an unarmed lady who is all by herself, just because she’s ‘supposed’ to be the enemy. Have some respect!”

Your heart kind of warmed up at his words. He did not have any reason to be like this, yet he decided to come to your defense at this point. You were so thankful to him at that moment.

“Why are you here?” Jaebum’s voice softened quite obviously to his prior state and you felt a lot more relieved to be talking to someone who isn’t mad at you. But you still hesitated to answer him. You didn’t want to sound ridiculous, so you decided to be silent for a little bit more. Before you could embarrass yourself in front of everyone.

“Speak up, little girl, what do you want?” Okay, never mind that change of tone in his voice. He’s back to his leader self. Damn, that was quick.  It let you feel even more insecure about your position, now that he’s the one attacking you.

“I’m sorry. I just didn’t know where else to go”, you said in defeat, looking down at your shoes. You knew this situation was the worst you could have gotten yourself into. Why were you just so slow with thinking? You could’ve done way better than this. This was just outright hilarious. Way to go. Just like always. You wished BAP was somewhere close. You kind of forgotten about Mark this whole time. It was just so pressuring.

Just then someone furiously knocked on the door.

“It’s me. Let me in, right now for ’s sake!”