Four

The Arrow

Both Mark and you looked around standing back to back in defense position. You could see shadows emerging from the darkness. They had surrounded you. They shortened the distance to you and Mark. The guy that spoke called himself Rap Monster (another stupid name. Where do they even get these? I swear the guy who comes up with them deserves like a slap in his face. With a chair preferably.) and is the self-claimed leader of their clan.

“I didn’t know you got yourself a girlfriend, Mark. And the enemy’s sister nonetheless! Respect. Wouldn’t have thought you had the guts.” The others chuckled at that, making you furious.

“Any plans?”, you whispered over your shoulder. A negative humming noise let your spirits break a little. “How many arrows you got?”

“5. You?”

“3. I already had an encounter with them before. We gotta be careful about this.”

Rap Monster interrupted us yet again. “YAH! No whispering! It spoils the fun for us! Let us have a conversation with her as well. She might change camps.” Rap Monster wiggled his eyebrows at me and smirked disgustingly.

“Shut your hole. I don’t what dirty things you had in it already today for you to speak like that to a lady”, your heard Mark hiss at the leader. The others ooohed and laughed at that. Rap Monster looked like someone slapped him. You couldn’t restrain yourself from letting out a small chuckle as well. Mark always had your back. You knew that for a fact.

You and Mark got your bows ready. BTS closed the circle up on you even more. “Get the weakest. On three”, Mark whispered only for you to hear. You set your gaze on that weird guy, B? Or T? Something along those lines. “One.” You lowered your stand even more. “Two.” You dig your heels into the ground for the grip. “Three.” 

You leaped forward, reaching that weird kid in no more than two long strides. You jumped him, getting your knife out of your boot once more this night but left the kid on the ground and ran past him into the dark woods. BTS didn’t seem to expect any form of attack from you, so they mostly just stood around completely awe-struck and not fast enough to react to any of what was happening. You ran as fast as you could away from the group. You could still hear footsteps following you though. You hoped Mark made it out like you did.

You readied your bow once again and came to a sudden halt. The others were far enough behind for them not to reach you until you attack them with an arrow. You located a target and shot your arrow in nothing more than a split second, causing them to seek safety on the ground or behind the nearest tree. You shot around and ran at full speed the way you were going. Your followers were qiuk to pick up the chase as well.

, two left.

In front of you the convent once again came into sight. Well, no time to rethink. You leaped at the door and made sure to secure that the door was locked behind you. Resting your head against the cold wood you let out a stressed breath and closed your eyes. After regaining a normal heart pace you turned around. What you didn’t expect though was 6 pairs of eyes, some looking confused, some surprised, but all of them staring right at you.