Seven

The Arrow

A/N: Heya, sorry for taking so long to update this story! Life is stressful these days. University isn't the easiest thing. But still, ENJOY :)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Your eyes grew wider than you could have imagined possible. Of course you were shocked. Who the heck could this be? It’s not your place to open the door anyways, so you just stood there frozen on the spot once again. What were you supposed to do? You couldn’t just open the door, no matter how desperate that voice sounded on the other side. It’s not your place after all. So you just looked up at the others, waiting for some reaction from them.

“ing open the door already, girl!! What are you doing? That's our ing mate, for ’s sake!” Damn, those boys sure use some harsh language. But you didn’t hesitate to turn around and undo the lock you just put up minutes ago yourself. In came a tumbling Mark, out of breath and clearly confused as to why the door was locked. You let out a relieved sigh once again and pulled him into an embrace, content that he was safe as well. But you could feel him stiffen because he wasn’t aware that you would be here. Once he recognized you he held you tight to him like he would never ever let you go again. You felt good and safe in his arms.

This was what you missed the most. His hugs. They were so warm every time you felt them. After you let go you looked into each other’s eyes to make sure you were both alright. After that attack you two were at ease to see the other alive and not harmed. You smiled at him reassuringly. Until you diverted your attention back to the people in the middle of the room behind you. Mark felt your body stiffen at the thought of them and put his arm around you.

“What did you do to her?”, he asked a little bit defensive, which you quite liked, but couldn’t show the others. “If you did something, anything really, I will end you.” Mark’s voice sounded so threatening and protective. It made you feel proud. That’s exactly why you loved that guy. Not romantically though. You always had been friends and you both knew it was not going to go past that stage. That’s why you were so proud of him stepping up to you. 

You still held your breath, as if someone was to rant on you and your stupidity. But no one did. It seemed like they had too much respect for Mark and especially for his arm around your shoulder for anyone to step up. It made you feel a lot better somehow. So even Jaebum had his limits in being his leader self. Haha, yeah! See this? What are you gonna do now, huh? Not so tough after all.

“No, Mark. It’s not like that at all. I just came in as well. Let’s not fight, please?”, you asked him with a pout on your face which you knew he couldn’t resist. Ever.

“Alright. Let’s head to the beds. I know you’re exhausted and I am too. We can still figure out everything tomorrow”, Mark suggested. I really liked his idea, so I went with it, although I was aware of all those eyes in confusion around us. But like I hoped they gave up their offensive against me and decided to call it a night and head to their bedroom on the upper floor. I’ve seen it before so I just lay down on the mattress that belonged to Mark which surprised him quite a but.

“Sorry. I’ve been here before. I didn’t mean to though. But I just came across your hideout and found you sleeping here", you explained with an apologetic look on your face. 

"Whatever. Let's just sleep, okay?", Jackson murmured. He sounded a little annoyed. Well, nothing to do about that now. Man, these boys sure have some mood swings, worse than me on my special days.

So, we all went to bed and not even five minutes you could here several snores coming from all around you. You were glad they could sleep so peaceful with you in the room. Mark, who layed down next to you, rolled himself over. you two were now face to face. He wasn't sleeping either and you two looked each other in the eyes, without a word. Jackson and youngjae, who would normally share the matresses with Mark, decided to sleep elsewhere, since they weren't that comfortable around a girl yet. With Jackson it could even be, that he just didn't like you that much. But you weren't too sure.

Looking at Mark, it gave you a sense of comfortability and familiarity.Your whole body relaxed under the observing gaze of the redhead in front of you and you felt your eyelids getting heavier each passing second. You looked at him one last time and mustered a small thankful smile, before you drifted off to sleep.