Prologue

Breaking the Rules
Kai sighed. "Do you have any clue where we are?" He asked, and his handler shook his head. He'd lost his hotel again. With a groan, he dug into his pocket and produced his cellphone. The guys were pretty good at finding him when he did this kind of thing. "Shouldn't have left, huh?" He asked the handler, smiling.
 
Kai had left the hotel in search of some kind of convenience store. There were a few things he'd needed and had somehow left behind at the dorm. This plan, however, didn't work out as they couldn't find any convenience stores of any sort. There were restaurants, clubs, art galleries and the such. Clearly they were in the wrong neighborhood for convenience stores.
 
He dialed Sehun's number, knowing he was out from the hotel too, and figured maybe if he met up with him he could find the way back. Just as he pressed Sehun's contact information and lifted the phone to his ear, he looked across the street.
 
The long legs were the first thing the catch his eyes. Tanned, lean, and donning black heels. His eyes slowly traveled up her starched, black skirt, which hugged her body nicely. There was a slit in the back, presumably so she could move with ease. Over this, she wore a white button up shirt and a nicely tailored suit jacket that matched the skirt. Around her neck was a necklace with a diamond pendant in the center. He was liking what he was seeing so far...
 
And then his eyes landed on her face, and his breath hitched. She was breath taking, with an incredibly feminine face that looked so soft, but had such sharp features. Her cheekbones could cut someone, and her nose was so thin, so perfectly shaped to her features. She'd eyebrows that, unlike most girls Kai had been around, weren't stick thin, but weren't bushy either. They were... nice. Underneath were icy, almost white blue eyes. Her lips were stark red. Regardless of makeup, it made Kai all the more attracted.
 
Her dark brown hair was pulled away from her face in a bun behind her head, though a few curly strands had broken free and framed her beautiful face. A crowd followed behind her, clearly of students. She was speaking to them, pointing to different places around them, but none of them were listening to her. She stopped and pointed towards a gallery, which looked familiar to Kai, and a few of the students started laughing. She shook her head, but they made fun of her.
 
"Hello?" Kai heard, and he startled back from his haze. Sehun? Oh. right. He was calling him. "Kai? Hello? Are you there?"
 
He needed to scold those children. How could they take such a beautiful woman for granted? Kai would have killed to be in a class with a woman like her. But it wasn't like he could go over there! He looked like a bum! He was wearing a pair of grey sweatpants, a white tee, and a pair of tattered converse. The black hat on his head was his only line of defense against possible fans, but it made him feel under dressed in comparison to the beauty that was just out of his reach.
 
"Kim Jongin!" Sehun's voice sounded annoyed. "What the-"
 
"Here," Kai said, shoving the phone towards his handler. "Talk to him." He said, his eyes locking on the girl across the street, who looked fed up with the students. He didn't think twice before starting across the street towards her, narrowly avoiding cars.
 
The second his foot touched the concrete of the sidewalk she stood on, he spoke. "Don't ignore her," He said immediately. "She's your teacher, after all. She's here for your benefit-"
 
One of the students screamed, and the beautiful woman's eyes widened as she looked to Kai in shock. "Kai Oppa!" One screamed, and the rest began screaming as well.
 
Well then...
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sehun sighed. "Kai? Hello? Are you there?" He asked, shifting impatiently from one foot to the next as Chanyeol handed his money to the woman on the other side of the florist counter. She handed him the bouquet he'd reserved the day before, and Chanyeol immediately thanked her, turning towards Sehun. "Kim Jongin! What the heck is going on?" He demanded.
 
"Here," Kai's voice was barely there, as if he'd moved the phone away from his mouth. "Talk to him."
 
 
"Talk to who?" Sehun asked, his brow pulling together in annoyance. "Kai!"
 
Chanyeol tapped Sehun's arm. "Is everything alright?" He asked, and Sehun shrugged. He wasn't entirely sure what was going on himself.
 
"Sehun?" Kai's handler asked, and Sehun rolled his eyes.
 
"Could you just have Kai call me back when he's less busy or something?" He asked, and then ended the call, looking to Chanyeol. "Kai's being Kai." He said, his eyes falling on the card that peeked out from the bouquet. He chuckled a little. "Nari? Who's Nari Chanyeol?"
 
Chanyeol blushed. "The person we're going to visit." He answered. Earlier that morning, when the group had arrived to their hotel, where they were staying before their interview the following morning, Chanyeol had asked if anyone wanted to go out with him and visit a friend. Only Sehun wanted to leave the hotel, so here they were, getting gifts for what Sehun was guessing was a girl that Chanyeol may or may not have been attracted to. "She works right around the corner, so we're going to get a snack there, and maybe eat dinner-"
 
"Dinner isn't for another few hours."
 
"She works at a different restaurant at night, so we'd go there when it is dinner time," Chanyeol explained, moving towards the door of the florist shop. He held the door for Sehun, who waited for Chanyeol before starting to walk again. "Please don't do anything embarrassing."
 
Sehun frowned. "You make it sound like I strive to embarrass you."
 
"You do."
 
They didn't walk all too far. Chanyeol stopped out front of a bakery named Flour Power. Sehun immediately laughed, and Chanyeol shook his head, but smiled as he opened the door to the store. His phone rang the moment they moved into the store. "Can you grab that?" Chanyeol asked, giving his phone to Sehun. "My arms are kind of full." He said lightly, moving towards the counter of the store.
 
"Hello?" Sehun asked.
 
"Oppa!" A girl shouted. "You're late! Where are you?" She demanded.
 
Sehun held the phone away from his now hurting ear. "Chanyeol, your clingy girlfriend is on the phone."
 
Chanyeol gave him a questioning look, and pressed his ear to the phone Sehun was still holding. "Nari?" He asked, and Sehun's brow furrowed in confusion. "Yeah, I know I'm late, so why don't you come out and greet me?"
 
A loud gasp echoed from the back room to the front, where Chanyeol and Sehun stood. The swinging door to the back room opened and a short, dark haired girl stood before them. She was coated in flour and what had to have been nutmeg or cinnamon. Streaks of the powder were pulled across her cheek and forehead, and a bit was in her hair, which was pulled back in a messy tail behind her head. She wore a white chef's jacket, which was buttoned lopsidedly, and she wore a pair of tight black jeans, also marred with flour. Black TOMS were on her feet, and they seemed to be the only thing unmarked.
 
She stood there only a moment before flinging herself across the room and into Chanyeol's outstretched arms. "Oppa!" She called happily.
 
"Sorry I'm late. There was a bit of a problem with one of the guys-"
 
Nari shook her head. "No, no it's fine, you're here now." She said, smiling brightly. Her eyes fixed on the bouquet of lillies in Chanyeol's hand, and she pointed to them. "Are those mine?" She asked, and he smiled. She reached towards them and took them, burying her face in them. "Oh Oppa, you're so funny." She said, shaking her head. "I appreciate the flowers."
 
Chanyeol nodded. "Are you free?"
 
"For a bit," She said, moving around the counter and pulling one of the empty flower vases from the display behind the counter, which she put the flowers in. "Would you two like anything to eat?" Chanyeol looked to Sehun, who shrugged. "I recommend the chocolate croissants. They're to die for."
 
Chanyeol smiled. "Sounds delicious." He said, elbowing Sehun, who nodded enthusiastically.
 
 
 
 
 
Kai looked to the beautiful woman standing beside him, who was slowly taking him in. Her brow was creased in confusion, and he was half disappointed. Not that he was concieted but... did she really not know who he was? Really?
 
The screaming girls were beginning to draw attention from others, and Kai watched as a few others started to hurry across the street, crowding him and the poor teacher he stood beside. "Teacher!" One shouted. "Is Oppa your namja chingu?" Another called "She's not even pretty!"
 
Kai sighed. "I'm sorry," He muttered, but she still stared at him in confusion, so he looked across the street to his handler, who was frantically trying to hail a cab. He continued to look around. Was he anywhere he remembered?
 
Yes! That gallery, the one with the giant sculpture of some kind of modern art out from of it was only a few blocks away from the hotel. He could make a run for it.
 
"Hey!" Someone called, and both Kai and the teacher looked over to where a few students were holding some kind of drink in their hands. Behind them, another teacher, a man, was trying to claw through the crowd, calling "Ms. Sokolov! Ms. Sokolov!" which he figured was her surname. "Hey!" The group shouted again, and the two looked back to the group. "Dwaeji!" They shouted, throwing their drinks.
 
The drinks breezed past Kai, and smashed into the teacher, who took a few steps back and stared down at her outfit in disbelief, her jaw clenched tight as she closed her eyes and in a breath.
 
Kai looked around. The crowd was getting too big. He needed to get out of there before something happened. Just as he reached to grab the teacher's hand, a few of the girls tried to grab at him, screaming "Oppa!" and "Saranghae!" He pushed their hands away and wrapped an arm around the teacher's waist. She gasped in surprise, her eyes shooting open, and he was once again struck by how beautiful their color was.
 
He leaned towards her. "Run when I say," He whispered, turning and slowly beginning to walk away from the group. Slowly, he started to pick up his pace and then broke into a run. "Run!" He shouted, and, even though she was wearing incredibly high heels, she did.