NINETEEN

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Valentine’s Day, the nurse brought in a single rose for Chanyeol who was lying on the bed. Chanyeol smiled warmly at her and nodded a thank you. The wrinkles around his eyes and forehead were even more visible now. The nurse put the rose into his trembling hands. He whispered thank you and the nurse left the room. He poured clean water into an empty glass and put the rose into it. It was early in the morning, and the sunlight was just starting to peek through the curtains. Still in a slumber, Miyoung snored lightly on her bed just next to Chanyeol’s. He held onto the glass as he waited for Miyoung to wake up.

            The snoring stopped, and her eyelids slowly fluttered open. Miyoung reached for her pair of glasses and put them on the first thing she woke up. The sun had just reached her blankets.

            “Morning, beautiful,” Chanyeol blew a kiss at her direction. After so many years, Miyoung still blush over his sweet words. She waved her hand in the air, as if his sweet talk was nonsense to her.

            “Don’t lie, Park Chanyeol,” she said while smiling, “How can a 86 year old grandmother still be considered pretty?”

            “Well, you always have been and will forever be my one and only Goddess,” Chanyeol smiled broadly and Miyoung blushed even more while rolling her eyes. It was impossible to stop this man from sweet talking. He was born with the honey mouth and will not get out of that habit for the rest of his life. Sometimes, Miyoung thought he had become even more skillful in sweet talk now that he’s 87. Chanyeol filled up a glass of water and passed it to Miyoung. Miyoung took it with both of her hands. While sipping on the drink, Chanyeol smiled mysteriously at her. She raised an eyebrow.

            “Happy Valentine’s Day,” he said softly as he took out the rose that was given by the nurse earlier that morning. “You probably forgotten about that, didn’t you?”

            Miyoung was speechless. She put down the glass and took the rose from him. She put it to her nose. Hmm…I can never get tired of this fragrance, thought Miyoung. Still sitting on his bed, Chanyeol extended his hand towards Miyoung.

            “Come on, let’s get some fresh air, we don’t want to spend our Valentine’s Day cooped up in this white room, do we?” He smiled mysteriously and Miyoung took his hand without any hesitation. With

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter