SEVENTEEN

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, she bent down and took out the laundry from the bucket and set it on the wire to dry under the sun. Miyoung was dressed in a simple dress with an apron tied around her waist. Her hair was tied in a bun with a strand of blue ribbon. It was summer, the sun wasn’t too hot and the weather is just nice. Water droplets dripped off the wet clothing, dampening the grass underneath it. The soft grass bent under the weight of the morning dew drops and they shone brilliantly under the bright sun.

            “Mom! Mom! Look what I drew!” Miyoung’s eldest son, Yeol In ran across the garden with his long legs, calling for her. His hair was a messy mix of black and dark brown for he hadn’t combed it since he woke up that morning. He’s tall for his age and he has twinkling big eyes that greatly resembled his father’s. He showed her the picture he had just drawn. Miyoung put down the wet shirt and looked at it. He dribbled some stick people on it with arrows indicating who’s who.

            “This is Daddy, this is me, this is Jisoo and this is you!” he stated proudly, pointing at the little people he drew. Miyoung ruffled his hair gently and smiled warmly. Yeol In smiled back at her with proud written all across his face. Miyoung couldn’t help but pinch his puffy pink cheeks out of cuteness. She cupped his tiny face and kissed his cheeks before sending him off.

            “That’s really nice, Yeol In,” Miyoung said, “Now go find daddy, mommy has to work.” With that, Yeol In sprinted off. Waving his drawing like it’s the world’s discovery to where Chanyeol was sitting.

            Chanyeol had a magazine in his hand, sitting on the beach chair with his long legs extended on a stool. Sitting on his legs was little Jisoo who is only 2 years old, 3 years younger than Yeol In. Jisoo has natural curls falling down to her shoulders. They were the beautiful color of deep crimson brown. Her nose resembled that of Miyoung’s, small and straight. Her eyes are the same as her brother’s and her skin fair as snow. The breeze blew her hair all across her face as she played with a rubber duck, occasionally putting it into .

            “Jisoo ah, don’t put that in your mouth,” Chanyeol said when he noticed what she was doing. Putting down the magazine, he wiped her cute little mouth with a piece of handkerchief and gave her a pacifier. “Here.”

            “Daddy! Daddy! Look what I’ve drawn!” Yeol In came running and Chanyeol took him into his strong arms and sat him on his laps. If people look at Yeol In, they would know he’s related to Chanyeol. They’re practically twins from different time zones. Chanyeol smiled sweetly as he looked at his son. He his head and looked at his drawing.

            “Good job, Yeol In,” he complimented, “It’s beautiful.”

            “Really?” innocent Yeol In asked, his twinkling eyes staring into Chanyeol’s. “Because you always say that, are my drawings really that nice?”

            Chanyeol closed his eyes, shook his head and laughed lightly. “Of course it’s really nice, Yeol In. Would I ever lie to you?” Chanyeol kissed his tiny forehead. Yeol In smiled from ear to ear. Chanyeol pinched his pink cheeks as he too, couldn’t resist his cuteness. Yeol In got down from his lap and ran towards the house.

            “Yeol In, where are you going?”

            “I’m going to draw more about my happy family,” Yeol In yelled from inside the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter