FOURTEEN

The Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m sorry,” Miyoung apologized when Chanyeol winced at the pain as she dabbed some medicine onto his bruises. Chanyeol clenched his teeth so tight he thought they would break. Miyoung tried her best to tend to his wounds because he was too stubborn to even go to the hospital, claiming he didn’t want to spend another second without her. Miyoung had blushed at his words and Chanyeol had smiled at her. The smile Miyoung fell in love with and the smile she had been waiting for since his return.

            Suddenly, Chanyeol’s cellphone rang and before Miyoung could catch a glimpse of it Chanyeol had snatched it up and answered it. He spoke in a low voice and Miyoung eyed him suspiciously. Chanyeol averted his eyes as he continued speaking secretively into the phone. He practically whispered a goodbye before hanging up. Miyoung pretended to be angry as she crossed her arms and stared at him.

            “I’m going out,” Chanyeol suddenly announced as he started to get up from his sitting position. He slipped his cellphone into his pocket. His face expression was hard to read. He seemed excited about something, yet he was trying to hide it by suppressing his smile. Miyoung knew something was up. She raised an eyebrow.

            “Hold still,” Miyoung said sternly, holding him down. “Let me bandage these for you.”

            Right after Miyoung finished bandaging his wounds, Chanyeol bolted out through the front door and raced down the lane lea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter