2 .

Heaven didn't need another angel

Ever so slowly she elbowed her way back up,gaining a silent groan from her mattress;no other than a stuck up big shot,judging by the commotion that errupted around her.

"Oh,,Lord, sir are you alright?Here,let us help you." two bulky dudes pushed her out of the way,making a grab for the other person on the ground and getting him standing.They kept fussing over brushing any trace of dirt off his tailored coat and she could only chuckle.Not once have they paid attention to the tiny feather sticking out his styled hair,the broken eyeshades hanging loose and quite awkward on his smudged nose.

"I fail to see how this conduct is in any way amusing." the feather-bearer spoke uptightly making everyone stop almost in fear.

"Yeah, I guess you would." she cleared her voice."Well,that was...unpleasant to say the least."she shrugged before making an attempt to flee.

"Hold it!" his voice boomed."I think an apology is in order.A thank you wouldn't hurt,either."

"Mister, after the day I've had you wouldn't...think that much on your account right now!"she closed the distance between them."Be glad my elbow was all that got in touch with you."

"Hey, you!Watch your tongue.Do you know who you're adressing so rudely?"one of the guards fumed.

"Oh, for Pete's sake!You people are such drama queens!What,who..?Is his blue blood so special?I'm special too,mind you!"she stuck her index in his face,but the man simply stood motionless,unaffected.

"It's not every day that people fall on me out of thin air;so you MUST be special."

"Is that mockery I hear in your tone, mister?"she squinted her burning gaze at him.

"Is it?"he said fixing his tie."Let's go,I've already invested too much  of my time into this."

"Pff...have fun adressing your stuck-up meeting with that feather in your hair."

"Like I'm gonna fall for that."he burst out.

"I'm sure they'll be all eyes and no ears when they see your painted nose."she blew him a raspberry before actually running for her dear life.

Could she still call it a LIFE? It felt like she only dreamt about being cast out of that strange place,but an impending feeling lingered with every second she failed to recall how she fell out of thin air on that irritating man.On second glance, how did she end up here?Where exactly was here?She looked around,finding nothing familiar about the...company,she guessed.Not one single person felt anywhere close to being considered friend or foe.Strangers going their ways,uninterested in her turmoil.

She ruffled her hair in growing frustration,but felt a pinch in her fingers.Carefully ,she hold out the fountain pen that was stuck behind her left ear,admiring its feathery cap;how did it get in her posession?

​The glittery ink was not what she expected when she scribbled her name in her palm.

"Oh, but...that's the same as what that twerp had on his nose.And the fea...Heol,it was all from this tiny object?!"she giggled,making a few turns."Serves him right!"she raised the pen towards the sky.

The sun was gleaming brightly,making the feathers glowing like little fire flies in the summer breeze.It was the first time she felt at ease since this whole ordeal and she took a long breath,revelling in the new feeling.Who knows how long it would last?She would last?

"Is this compensatory gift/bribe?" she looked up at the sky."Yeah, didn't expect an actual confirmation..."she strutted along the pavement."What am I suppossed to make of this?I wasn't a very skillfull person to begin with..."she bumped on a petite figure,waking up from inner contemplation.

"Jang Woori,you stop right there."she heard someone from afar.

"Aish, why did you have to bump into me?Now he'll catch me and...."

"Are you running from that man?"she took hold of the boy's hand,running for cover behind an icecream street stall."Stay here until he passes by,ok?Don't worry,I'm not going to let him get you."she tried to calm him,by shushing her words.She took spare glances from time to time,making sure their hide-out wasn't discovered.

"Why are you helping me?"the boy looked reluctantly at her."Stop biting on your nails;hyung says that's what'll kill you sooner."

A sudden flash hit her head making her fringe.She couldn't remember how often she bit her finger nails in the past(was this really what brought her untimely death?),but she distinctively recalled a foreign  voice stating the same thing.It was bothersome that it was very similar to that guy from the company.

"Uhm...I'm sure that's not really the case; he must've overreacted to prove a point."she said,retracting her hands behind her.

"Of course,-head!"he flicked her."Can't believe you fell for it!What are you,like 4?"

"Bleah!"she stuck her  tongue out at him.

"You're weird."he giggled.

"And you're too uptight!"she motioned for the vender to scoop some icecream for them,but not just any sort.

The man kindly handed her two pop up popsicles,winking at them.

"Less messier,funnier!"she pushed one in the boy's face."Thank the ahjussi and let's bounce."

She was pretty sure by now she acted out of her previous comfort zone.At this point,she considered anyone and reached out to make a difference.Besides this was probably the most fun she ever had or possibly could have under the circumstances.

She'll make it worth to the fullest!