1 .

Heaven didn't need another angel

She was gasping for air,lungs on fire as every breath she took pulled her farther from accomplishing the simple task.

 It ing hurt!

There was no light guiding her blisfully at the end of a tunnel.

There were no deamons clawing her into darkness.

There was a painstackingly pressure in her chest,keeping her from breathing properly.And it ing hurt!!!

Suddenly there was a thin wet trail that chilled her burning.She couldn't grasp where or why it appeared,but it soothed her limbs.

Han.....the echo wrecked her mercilessly.

She lost the very last of herself just then.

A smokey spectre engulfed the space she didn't recognise;it made her skin crawl,despite the warm and calm it spread around.

She shouldn't be here! Where was here exactly? How did she get trapped in this waiting area?

"Wait, why did I think this is a waiting area?" she frowned,looking at the single table in the centre  with just a stack of papers and an inkpot at the side.

"You're pretty quick on the spot.Others before just stumbled blindly around." a voice attached itself to the changing smoke in front of her."And you're right:you really shouldn't be here!" it sprawled limbless in her face,tone graver.

"So you just choke me to death?" she coughed,fanning the damn thing away.

"Can't take credit for that.But the one that messed up isn't gonna have it lightly."

"Mess up?About what?"

She didn't know why she was so calmly talking to this thing.It felt eerie.

"You getting here ahead of time."

"Am I not dead?This is ...the other side, right?"

"Not until you're claimed."the smoke decided to finally take a much reassuring form.

She couldn't tell if it was a boy or a girl,but that was the last of her worries.

"Usually,there'd be a feather dipped in that inkpot."it pointed towards the table."When an angel's fate is final it would help marking its path, but yours is missing.If you can't sign your name on those sheets you can't go beyond."

"So...what...I must work my way up or down?"

"You don't get it.They don't need another angel!" the gloomy being whooshed the papers."You don't get to run a few errands and earn your wings.You'll have to drop back.You can't stay here,but you won't survive there either; not for long,anyway."

"What? You're saying someone ed up my entire destiny and I can't do anything about it?!What the hell?"she yelled,making the other one hiss.

"If you're lucky, somebody will claim you back there."

"What if not?"she spat.

"You'll just turn into nothingness.Your future actions will decide the final fate.It's like being reborn.Making your mark in someone's life with selfishness will benefit you greater than seeking help for your saving.There might be a slight chance for you to have a place again in the universe."

"That's just bull!Where's the fairness in all of this?Who's to take blame?!"

"Don't waste time on wishfull thinking.Make the little time you have count!" the figure blew again in her face,dropping her to the ground.

She hit rock bottom,only it wasn't all hard,warm arms clutching at her,keeping the loud noise around at bay,with only a rapid heart beat drumming in her back.