Chapter 2

Senior Year
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That day after school Eunji and Minah planned to take Youngji to their favorite café.

"Come on Jiyeon, lets goo," Minah whined to Jiyeon who was refusing to come.

"I need to discuss something with Mr. Lee first and then I have to go straight to the restaurant for my dad's birthday," Jiyeon said while walking them out of school.

"Fine but you have to come next time,"Eunji said.

"Okay okay. Sorry I can't go, Youngji, we'll definitely hang out another time," Jiyeon said apologetically to Youngji.

"It's okay, there's always next time right?" Youngji said.

Jiyeon nodded and waved to the group as they left. She turned around and headed back to the classroom to talk to her teacher. "Mr. Lee? You wanted to speak to me?" Jiyeon said as she walked in.

"Ah, yes Jiyeon. Okay I'll get straight to the point," Mr. Lee said as Jiyeon stood in front of his desk, " Jiyeon, you're still not in a program and its second semester of your senior year."

Jiyeon took a breath, she knew this talk was coming. All her teachers pushed her to choose a program saying that with her grades she can excel in anything. "I know but I'm not sure what I want to pursue in the future," Jiyeon explained.

"I understand that not everyone knows exactly what they want to do in high school but even those students are in the program which suits their passions. You're a bright student and all your teachers and I know that you will succeed in anything you put your mind to," Mr. Lee said.

"I understand," Jiyeon responded.

"Okay, that's all. Just think about what program you want to join. It'll help you figure out what your interests are," Mr . Lee said to Jiyeon.

Jiyeon nodded and bowed, with that she left the room. As she closed the door, she let out a sigh. It wasn't the first time she had this talk with a teacher, just before the break Mrs. Kim called her in to talk about the same thing. Jiyeon shook her head and just headed to the restaurant she planned to meet her parents at.

 

"The café was really nice guys," Youngji said as she, Eunji, and Minah left.

"Right? We always come here and now we're taking you. You're part of our group now," Minah said as she slung her arms around Youngji and Eunji.

"Thanks guys, I'm so happy that I met you guys and Jiyeon," Youngji said gratefully.

"Anyways, I think I should go. I need to help my mom prepare dinner," Minah said.

"Bye," Youngji and Eunji said as Minah left waving to them. Minah skipped to her apartment complex and looked at her neighbor's door wide open with a bunch of boxes. She looked at them curiously and went inside her apartment.

"Umma!!!" Minah yelled as she hugged her mom," What's happening outside???"

Minah's mom chuckled at her daughter's hyperness," A new family is moving in. I talked to the lady and she said her son goes to your school anf he's smart."

Minah's ears perked up,"A boy? Who's smart?" Could it be Kyungsoo?? He's pretty smart, Minah thought excitedly.

"Yes and I'm inviting them for dinner tonight, that's why I needed you home," Minah's mom said slicing some vegetables," So start cutting and I'll start cleaning."

"Yes, chef!" Minah said as she took over cutting. After an hour of cooking and cleaning, Minah and her mom finally finished.

"Go change sweetie, they'll be here any minute," Minah's mom said to Minah. Minah walked into her room and changed into casual but presentable clothing. When she walked out she heard her mom greeting someone at the door.

"Come in," Minah's mom said as she ushered the mother and son in. Minah walked over. "This is my son," the woman said as she pulled a boy in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter