Chapter 5

Senior Year
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minah woke up earlier than usual for a Saturday morning. She stretched her arms and yawned as she rolled out of bed.  Her eyes widened at the sight of her clock. 7:30?! Wow I woke up early, Minah thought to herself. She quietly tiptoed out her room not wanting to wake her mom. She opened the searched for something to eat but couldn't find a thing.

Maybe I should go buy some bread from the bakery, she thought. Minah grabbed her wallet and walked out. She walked along the road with a little skip in her walk.

"Minah?" a voice said.

Minah turned," Oh...hi Kyungsoo." Please don't let my face turn red, Minah thought to herself.

"What are you doing out so early?" Kyungsoo asked Minah coming next to her.

"Oh...I'm just on my way to the bakery," Minah said shyly.

"Really? I'm going in that direction to. I'll walk you there," Kyungsoo said walking next to Minah. The two of them chatted on their walk, mostly with Kyungsoo initiating the conversations but soon enough Minah started to feel more comfortable and began to show her usual bubbly self.

"So, what are you doing out this early?" Minah asked Kyungsoo.

"Just out for a walk. I woke up early even though I don't have anything important in the morning,"Kyungsoo explained opening the door of the bakery for Minah. The smell of freshly baked bread and sweets filled their noses as they walked into the bakery. Kyungsoo waited for Minah as she went ahead to buy her bread. The two exited the bakery and stood outside.

"Uh...thanks for walking me and I'll leave you to your walk," Minah said looking at her shoes thanking Kyungsoo.

"No problem," Kyungsoo said with a small smile. Minah gave him a smile and turned around to walk back home.

Kyungsoo, having something he had wanted to ask, hesitated to go after her but in the end he jogged to her calling out her name.

"Minah!"

Minah stopped walking at the sound of her name being called and turned around,"Kyungsoo?"

"Uh so later today I have to go looking for venues for the singing program's talent show and I didn't want to go by myself...so do you want to come with me?" Kyungsoo said slightly nervous.

Minah's heart thumped. So would that be kind of like a date, Minah thought to herself.

"Sure, I'd love to," Minah said unable to contain her smile.

Kyungsoo's fa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter