9th Chapter

BLANK SPACE (discontinued )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara put on a facemask and all cuddled up in her robe, she sat at her bed. Even though her boss left around three hours ago she still couldn’t stop fangirling over how he acted towards her.

 

He worried so much that he actually came to see if I’m fine. She giggled to herself.

 

To be honest, she almost cursed loudly when she saw him after opening the door. Seeing him there made her feel quite burdened because up till, except giving her the pack of blisters at the office he did nothing else but kept testing her.

 

I know that I deserved it but still… I think that teasing me pleased him way too much.  

 

“I’ll have to show my best tomorrow.” She sighed and lied on the bed.

 

She bit her lower lip when the image of Yixing from today crossed her mind again.

 

Wasn’t he cool? She thought. He looked like a real chef. With those rolled up sleeves and that cutesy apron tied around his waist hips. She giggled again.

 

“Please don’t strain yourself tomorrow. I already feel guilty enough.” He said when he was about to leave. Somehow the sincerity in his voice made her heart flutter rapidly.

 

“I’ll be alright Sajangnim.” She stuttered a bit while trying to sound cool with how he acted towards her.

 

“Ehmm…” he started.

 

“Something happened?” Dara asked him confused.

 

“Maybe I could drop by here on my way to the office tomorrow?” Yixing asked and it almost made Dara’s jaw drop on the floor.

 

 “I… I don’t want to cause any more problems.” Dara shook her head.

 

“But that’s not a problem at all. As I said your place is on my way.” Yixing stated demandingly “I’ll be here at 8:30. Is that alright with you?” he added.

 

“Uhmmm…” Dara had no words. Wasn’t that a great idea, though? At least tomorrow she won’t have to use public ways of transport and maybe she’ll avoid any situations dangerous for her health.

 

She nodded her head with a timid smile.

 

“Good. Then sleep well and see you tomorrow.” Yixing couldn’t hide the smile that carved on his lips. He bowed at her politely and left.

 

“I can’t believe this.” Dara mumbled and fixed the mask on her face.

 

Why was she even putting it on today? Not that she wanted her skin to look outstandingly good tomorrow.

 

She was ready to go to sleep when the doorbell rung suddenly.

 

What is it? She thought. At this hour? Because it was over 11PM.

 

She looked through the peep hole and unlocked the door in a hurry “Chaerin-ah?” she asked dumbfounded after seeing her friend from the college days.

 

“Unnie!” the blonde girl dressed all in black cheered and threw her hands around Dara’s neck.

 

“Yah, something happened?” Dara asked concerned.

 

“No, why? Why does something have to happen so I could visit my best friend who I didn’t see for such a long time?” Chaerin pouted and pulled her baggage inside Dara’s apartment not even waiting for the invitation.

 

Dara closed the door and looked at her dumfounded. Last time they saw each other was at the day she left to LA, and it was a year ago.

 

Chaerin went after the guy she considered as the love of her life. She loved Gun Woo so much that she left her career here in Seoul just to follow and be with him – the so called ‘artist’.

 

Gun Woo called himself an hidden treasure. He wanted to pursue acting and went to some acting school  in LA, trying to pursue his Hollywood dream.

 

Everything would’ve even be fine but the way he treated Chaerin sometimes made Dara’s blood boil inside. As if she was his property… Tch! Dara felt anger even at the memory of that .

 

When Chaerin told him that they’ll get stronger through the long-distance relationships period, Gun Woo told her to choose. If she didn’t go to LA with him that time, he would’ve left her.

 

“How’s Gun Woo?” Dara asked and gave Chaerin a cup of hot tea.

 

Chaerin didn’t answer first “Don’t tell me that you left him?!” Dara almost jumped in her place after seeing Chaerin laid back reaction when she said his name.

 

“He cheated on me.” Chaerin burst out suddenly.

 

“What?” Dara asked. Even though GunWoo treated Chaerin harshly sometimes, thoughts of him cheating on her never crossed her mind.

 

“Who knows with how many he did it.” Chaerin said “We were sitting together, watching the TV when someone called him. I was surprised that he didn’t answer it. I even asked why he didn’t. He answered that it was nothing important and turned the phone with its screen down so I couldn’t see the name of the one who called him.”

 

“Yah… but it doesn’t mean that another woman called him…” Dara patted Chaerin’s back.

 

“No, unnie… I know that it was another woman. When I reached out my hand to grab his phone, he slapped my hand and yelled at me, telling me to respect his privacy.” Chaerin cried. “I saw the screen fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter