6th Chapter

BLANK SPACE (discontinued )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Without a word Dara followed Yixing to the elevator. She saw him picking the underground parking button and both of them were left alone when the doors closed.

 

Dara felt awkward with empty hands. She tried to gather enough courage to ask him about his laptop and papers she was supposed to carry, but even seeing his stoic profile made her attempts waver.

 

Few seconds later she hear the lift’s jingle and the door opened on the parking.

 

Wait… Will we be taking his car? Dara’s eyes popped opened. Of course you pabo. She scolded herself when Yixing politely pointed at the door with his hand, gesturing her to leave first.

 

“Oh, thank you.” she bowed slightly and rushed outside.

 

“This way.” Yixing pointed to the left and Dara followed him in silence again.

 

Few seconds later he opened his white Maserati’s trunk and threw everything he was carrying inside.  Dara waited and stood awkwardly few steps away from him.

 

Yixing walked to the passenger’s seat and opened the door for her. Omona! Dara internally squealed.

 

“Here you go.” He gave her a dashing smile and waited until she got inside.

 

With a bitten lower lip, Dara looked around ,feeling totally out of place in such a luxurious car. She was usually using urban transport or taxi to get home from work. Even though she had a license, she didn’t gather enough money yet to buy herself a car. All of that was because she sent most of her monthly payment to her grandparents living in the rural area.

 

Only the sound of him starting  the car’s engine brought her back to reality. Like that they took off.

 

“Dara-sshi?” Yixing asked her after a while of silence and simple focusing on the road.

 

“Yes?”

 

“You can tell me honestly.” He said but that only made Dara look askance at him.

 

“I’m talking about Oh Sehun. Is he burdening you?” Yixing looked at her when they stopped at the red light.

 

The sudden concern and his question took her by surprise. She thought that she was over with Sehun for today already.

 

“Mr. Zhang, I know that the situation you found me with him at the office might’ve looked inappropriate but everything is fine.” Dara tried to assure him.

 

Thank God he can’t see my eyes. Dara thought while glancing at his again focused on the road orbs.

 

Oh Sehun is a curse to me. Dara pouted and looked away at the other cars and buildings they passed by. He’s an incarnated devil who’s main aim is to turn my life miserable. She sighed.

 

“Are you sure?” Yixing asked.

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“Are you sure he doesn’t imagine things? Maybe he takes your actions towards him as a green light.”

 

“Excuse me?” Dara furrowed her eyebrows with how the conversation with her boss started flowing.

 

“I didn’t mean to offend you. It’s just that the two of you seem close.”

 

“Phuahuaha? What? Me and Sehun? No way.” Dara exaggerated a bit and felt blood rushing to her face.

 

What was even the meaning of his questions?

 

“Why? Every time I see you, he’s always around.” Yixing stated and gazed at her for few seconds when they stopped at another red light.

 

Dara had no words.

 

“Ehmm… Sajangnim if you’re concerned about that dating ban at the office,  I swear that there’s nothing more than colleagues’ relationship, oh.. .wait I’m just barely acquaintances with Mr. Oh.” She said.

 

However Yixing didn’t reply to her assurances. Dara gulped nervously while staring at his arcane expression from the side. Damn you, Oh Sehun. Even when you’re not around, you’re bringing me so much bad luck.

 

Thankfully they were already in front of the Royal Hotel (AN. that’s totally random. I have no idea if there’s such thing in Seoul :P) and she didn’t have to worry about another round of Yixing’s accusations or questions.

 

“The banquet takes place on the 25th floor. There’ll be a lot of our current and possibly – future clients.” Yixing said after parking and getting out of the car.

 

“Yes.” Dara nodded trying to focus on his words and forget about what just happened in the car.

 

“I’ll be the one talking with them and from you…” he stopped suddenly and eyed Dara from head to toes.

 

She saw him making semi-satisfied expression. Huh?

 

“I need you to accompany me and  smile as much as possible to charm all those people up there Dara-sshi.” Yixing said and took the laptop and papers out of the trunk.

 

Dara widened her eyes “Does it count as one of Mrs. Lee’s usual duties?” she asked sarcastically.

 

“Something’s wrong?” Yxing inclined his head a bit with a dumbfounded look on his face.

 

“Well… “ Dara sighed.

 

Too lose this job? Or not? Just like in Disney’s cartoons she could feel her evil and angel side fighting inside her head.

 

Of course?! I’m not  an object, a thing you can show of to your ‘friends’. Charm them… Tch!. The evil side yelled.

 

You need to have him on your side Dara-yah. Finding a new job can take months and you’re not in a situation to just quit like that. The angel side pointed out.

 

Dara sighed defeated and few seconds later, she fixed  glasses on her nose and let a bright grin carve up on her lips.

 

“That’s the spirit.” Yixing smirked “Just … if you did it less stiffly. I would appreciate your efforts more.” He added and passed by her.

 

Appreciate? Dara clenched her fists.

 

Is this his way of punishing me for the middle finger and that damn coffee? She thought and followed after him with heavy feet.

 

Indeed when they entered the hall in which the banquet took place, there were dozens of people in suits, mostly men.

 

However Dara couldn’t care less about them, Yixing and her charming smile. As soon as she saw the buffet meal they had there, she felt her stomach grumbling.

 

Dara could barely handle  a half an hour of walking step by step after Yixing and their company’s clients. Whenever she moved, her eyes drifted back to the delicious food.

 

Aigoo… she bit her lower lip, because it was getting hard to hide the fact that it wasn’t just the music but the noises were also coming from her belly.

 

After another fifteen minutes, she decided to try out Yixing’s attention and started slowly wandering away from him.

 

In every few seconds she turned back to check if he noticed, but nothing seemed to matter to him other than business issues.

 

“Would you like some?” She heard behind her back and got so startled that heart almost jumped out of her chest.

 

She turned at the guy who politely offered some snacks on a silver plate.

 

“Yah…” Dara was ready to scold him but then she saw a familiar face.

 

“Noona?” Chanyeol smiled at her.

 

“Sandwich boy!”

 

“Sandwich Boy?” Chanyeol giggled and looked around.

 

“Omo, sorry. I just used to call you like that since I didn’t manage to know your name yet.” Dara scratched her nape awkwardly.

 

“Ah, noona? Can you leave this place for a second? Or are you too busy?” Chanyeol asked.

 

Dara looked back a Yixing but this time couldn’t find him anywhere among the crowd.

 

“Screw them, let’s go.” She whispered, making Chanyeol smile in response.

 

“Follow me.” he said.

 

“I was so hungry.” Dara sighed and took the salver out of his hands when they sat on the couch inside the staffs’ room.

 

One by one she started eating snacks he was offering to people just few seconds ago.

 

“Noona?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“Why are you here?” he continued and loosened up his necktie.

 

“Long story.” Dara sighed “Let’s not talk about it… but can you finally tell me, what is your name?”

 

“Chanyeol … Park Chanyeol. My parents conduct a catering bus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter