woorees - Break a Leg, Heartbreaker JB!!!

(CLOSED) Request Shop~ A Story for Every Passing Day

I'm sorry it took so long, but I wrote a lot and I hope that somehow makes up for the wait :) Please tell me what you thought and enjoy


 

Break a Leg, Heartbreaker JB!!!

 

JB’s mind was settled on becoming better; his aspirations and dreams were greater than the very earth that held him. He had practiced for hours and would practice even longer if he wasn’t told to take a break by Jackson.

“You don’t want to overdo it,” said Jackson as he stretched out a bottle of water to JB.

JB sighed, “But… Okay, I’ll listen to you.” He chugged down the water as if he had an unquenchable pit inside him. “Hmm, I guess you were right, Jackson. I didn’t even realize I was thirsty.”

Jackson chuckled, “Hah, see? I knew it, bro! Just be happy that you didn’t faint from exhaustion or something… Because I think it was pretty dangerous for you not to have even realized you were thirsty.” Patting JB on the back, Jackson told his leader, “I need to take a whiz, please watch my water. I don’t want Mark coming in here and stealing it again.”

“Yeah, no prob,” JB replied, “Leave it in the corner over there.” JB waved goodbye and diligently resumed his practice. “Alright, back to work.”

Jackson walked with much haste as it seemed his urge was overpowering him. He plopped his drink right where JB suggested and quickly ran out of the practice room, slamming the door behind him. It was a boisterous boom, but JB continued dancing nonetheless; his heart was not moved in the slightest. However, the bottled water was moved-it had quietly toppled over and was rolling, rolling in JB’s direction.

“It’s time to break a leg! I know we’ll be the best!” JB told himself, “If we all practice hard like this, winning first place will be a snap!”

The bottle remained steadfast in its conviction as well though: it kept rolling, rolling in JB’s correction.

“Alright, now it’s time for the spin!”

JB’s right foot was reaching for the ground, but the bottle had finally reached what seemed to be its goal…

JB slipped on the bottle as he stepped upon it, releasing a “cracking” sound that came from his foot as he fell to his tush. 

“Aaaaaaaggggggh, Jackson!” he grunted in pain.  His eyes found the culprit, Jackson’s bottle and his heart indeed found who to blame, “Come here, Jackson!”
Jackson heard this anguish filled cry from the end of the hallway. He rushed, thinking Mark had for some reason stolen his water.

When he had reached the practice room he was greeted by JB, “Take, your stupid water!” He hurled the bottle at clueless Jackson.

“What happened?” Jackson questioned.

“You happened! My leg, my right leg, I think I broke something.” JB replied angrily.

Jackson tried, but he could not contain his laughter, “I think you took a ‘break’ too seriously….”
“Shut up, and take me to a hospital or something!” ordered JB as he wiped all the sweat that rushed down his eyes.

“Hold on, lemme look for some help!”
“Okay, fine! Just hurry up!” JB insisted.

Jackson would return within a girl beside him in what was a manner of minutes, but those minutes were an eternity to JB.

“WHO’S this? I hope she’s a doctor, or I’ll whoop your , Jackson!” cried out JB in his anguish.

“Chill out,” Jackson said as he came and patted JB’s shoulder. “She’s not a doctor, but her friend is. Her name’s Gayoung, and she said she’ll help me carry you downstairs. Her friend, Park Jea, owns a clinic right next to our building… I have never been there myself though…”

Gayoung took her steps with much care as she moved towards JB. He seemed like a beast to her.

“He won’t hurt me right, Jackson?” she whispered into Jackson’s ear.

Jackson nodded, “Nah, he wouldn’t hurt a fly. We should get him to Jea’s clinic asap though.”

“Hurry up, please!” JB moaned.

And so the two hearkened to his pleas as they picked JB up and placed his arms around their shoulders.

“Easy does it.” whispered Jackson.

After an elongated 10 minute trip down the hallway (one that would normally only take 10 second’s time) Jackson grew tired of JB whimpering in pain, and so he took it upon himself to carry him the rest of the way- thus allowing the three to quickly reach their destination at the expense of Jackson’s strength.

They were standing outside the small clinic and Jackson panted, “Please knock the door for us Gayoung!”

Gayoung confirmed his request with a nod and rushed to knock on the door. However, Jea had already heard some distinct and groaning outside her office, and so she followed her intuition as she proceeded to slam open the entry door. BAM, the door had made a critical hit on Gayoung’s face!

She slipped down and rubbed her now reddened nose, “I think you might need to treat me now too, Jea.” Her eyes met with Jea’s, “I ain’t the patient though, look carefully!”

Jea’s eyes frantically searched for the one who had made those cries of anguish, “Where’s the patient? All I see is Got7’s Jackson carrying…” She gasped, “JB? Outside my clinic, right outside… Is he the patient?”

“Yes, he is; can you save him?” grunted Jackson as he struggled to hold JB up in his arms.

Jea was lost in thought, “Oh my… What am I going to do? If I do something wrong, I’ll pull my hair out… And the sasaengs will kill me… But he is cute…”

“Please help me!” cried JB.

Jea snapped back into reality, “Oh uhm, yes! Please bring him in.”

Jackson didn’t hesitate; he took his steps gruffly and hurried into the small clinic.

“What about me?” joked Gayoung.

“You’re not dying, Gayoung. A band-aid is enough for you, but please do get up and move.” Jea quipped.

Nonetheless, Jackson brought JB in and he searched for a place to set him down in what seemed to be the waiting room.

“Imma plop you down right here!” Jackson grunted as he set JB down in the middle of the floor.

“Oh you can’t set him down there,” gulped Jea.”Can you take him to the outpatient room?”

“Nah, man I don’t get paid for this. I’m tired. It may not seem like it, but JB weighs a lot.” panted Jackson.

Jea furled up her lip in displeasure, “Tsk. Fine…” She then drew near JB and gently tugged on his shirt, “JB can you please get up for me?”

However, JB did not respond.

The three gasped, “Oh no, he fainted!”

So the three scuffled and quickly brought him into the outpatient room, after which they laid him atop the hospital bed.

“Alright, doc, I guess I’ll leave him in your care now that I’ve done my part. Take good care of him.” Jackson sighed as he wiped his sweat from off his front with his sleeve.

Jea squealed, “What?”

And Gayoung intermitted, “You know I’m tired too, and you don’t actually pay me much to help out… So I guess I’m leaving too.”

Jea frenetically clung onto Gayoung’s shoulder and whispered, “You can’t leave me here! I can’t be alone with JB, you know how much I like him!”

Gayoung brushed off her clammy hands and slyly smiled, “Well then, lucky you…All alone with JB…With a sleeping JB nonetheless.”

The two left and Jea was left all by her lonesome to treat JB.

“Oh my, what am I gonna do?” Jea asked herself. She looked down upon JB’s sweet slumbering face and giggled, “Hmmm, what am I going to do?”

His eyes abruptly opened, “Am I okay yet?”

Jea gasped in terror, “Oh no, I’m sorry… I was distracted!”

“Well then please help, some painkillers or something would be nice,” JB replied as he sat up.

“I’m sorry, I ran out but I’ll give you some cloth to bite onto!” Jea cheerfully answered as her hand dove inside her pocket and pulled out a pink handkerchief.

“Are you licensed?” JB kidded.

“Licensed to kill?” she murmured.

JB’s eyes lit up in fear.

Jea began laugh, “I’m sorry. I was only kidding. I owe you a prescription for some Tylenol though.”

JB placed his hands over his face, “How did I get myself into this…”

Jea’s professionalism kicked in as she diligently laid JB on his back. “Don’t worry. I’m a trained doctor. I may not look like it, but I can fix you back up.” She patted his right ankle, “I can fix this; don’t worry!”

JB shrieked in pain, “What are you doing? That hurts!”

“Oh, I’m so sorry… It’s just that I fell into the clear ocean that is your gaze…”
“What?!” JB exclaimed.

Nevertheless, Jea silenced JB with her request, “I… I’m going to need you to take off your pants… Unless, of course, you would rather me do it…”
JB lied still, questioning himself why Jackson had brought him to a quack doctor.

“Wait… That didn’t come out right, did it?” Jea said under her breath.

JB craned his head to look at Jea who stood beside him. “I think I just have to roll my pants up right? At least the right side, right?”

Jea stuttered, “Uhm, yes that will do.”

JB’s hand extended itself and rolled up his pants on his right leg. Jea’s eyes were glued onto this magnificent sight the whole way: it was an odyssey of ecstasy and fluttery butterflies inside her stomach for her. Yet she knew she must stay focused, and she braced her very heart as she inspected JB’s now swollen ankle. It looked pretty bad to say the least- it was as if it was contortioned out of place.

“How is he able to bear all this pain and yet remain conscious?” she questioned herself. She noticed JB looking over her shoulder and not wanting to cause a scare, she comforted him, “You’re going to have to wear a cast for a while … But, I can fix this.”

JB’s tender gaze never lost its precious light, “I trust you can, Dr. Jea.”

Jea gulped and her knees buckled. “Please don’t look at me like that.”
JB was puzzled. “I’m sorry?”

Those words ran swiftly down her very heart and knees. She fell flat on her . Little birds sang in circles round the crown of her head.

“You okay?” JB gasped. “If you faint, who’s gonna treat me?”

Jea heard JB’s gallant voice call out to her in the midst of her turmoil. “I’m sorry, I just felt slightly lightheaded.” she responded. “I could get back up!”

Jea’s right hand extended itself and reached for something to hold onto. She knew it would be easier to get up in such a way, and so she continued: her hand unwittingly clutched onto JB’s injured leg. JB screamed in pain and Jea was unsure of how to respond. No amount of medical training was enough to have prepared her for such situation, for having hurt the one she loves...

Then a light lit up in her tiny head, “JB, c’mon bear with it! You’re a man!”

JB’s eyes swelled up and he was at the point of crying, yet he held back his tears as he bit his lip. “She’s right! I’ve been through worst times than this!” he told himself.

JB took a deep breath and signaled for her to resume the treatment. Jea ran her fingers up and down his leg, feeling every single strand of hair that adorned it. She could spend her whole day doing so, but was interrupted by the ringing of her phone.

“Hello?” she answered.

She was stunned at the voice that came from the speaker. It was Jackson.

“Tell JB Imma bring the rest of the kids to see how he’s doing! Traffic’s heavy, but we’re rushing to get there!” exclaimed Jackson.

“Wait how’d you get my number?” questioned Jea.

“Ninjas!” Jackson declared.

“Really?”

“No, you’re friend Gayoung shared it with me.” chuckled Jackson as he hung up the phone.

Jea craned her neck over to meet JB’s anticipated look. She was saddened at the news of others (even if it was the rest of Got7) coming to interrupt their private time, but she relayed what Jackson had told her.

“Awwww, those kids… I guess they do love me,” JB joked.

For the next 40 minutes Jea would finish treating JB, and as soon as the clock struck 2 pm they were greeted by a loud knock on the door.

“If Gayoung was here she would open the door. She helps me out when she can although I don't actually pay her much.” Jea told JB. “Business here has been okay, but I’m glad I was here to help you.”

Jea then walked away and went on to answer the door.

JB took a deep breath as soon as she left. “Wow, she’s actually pretty cute now that I take a good look at her. Maybe the boys coming here isn’t such a bad thing… I mean who knows how longer I could handle being alone…” JB raised his hands to look at how sweaty they were and gasped, “Whoa…”
And then Jea returned alongside the boys of Got7. All of them wondered what JB was staring at (his mind was in the clouds somewhere).

“Jackson what is he doing?” questioned BamtotheBam.

Mark pulled on Jackson’s sleeve, “I think you finally made him snap.”

“I think you’re right…” Jackson replied.

JR however recognized that look. He knew someone had sparked a flame in JB’s young heart. He coughed, “JB how you doing?!”

JB snapped back to reality, “What? Me? Oh I was just staring at the lines of my hand and wondering what they were called.”

Youngaje was perplexed, “They have names?”

Yugyeom, being the mischievous kid he is, looked at Jea and asked “You’re a doctor, right? You should know… DO the lines in our hands have names?”

Jea remained clueless at the situation, but whimsically answered, “I think they’re called palmar lines…?”

  JR shook his head at Yugyeom, “She’s a doctor! Of course she would know.”

The boys then proceeded to sit around JB and joke around as they usually did during a time of boredom. They drew on his cast and poked at it without end. An hour or so faded away like vapor and so did their interest. They knew JB was bound to recover and that he would rejoin them at their dorm soon enough, so they all left…Except Jr who stayed seated next Jea.

“You could leave if you want JR,” advised JB. “I’ll most likely spend the night here, as I don’t think I’ll be able to walk.”

“Nah, I’ll keep you company. It’ll be like our JJ Project days!” JR insisted.

Jea was unsure of how to respond, but followed on JB’s suggestion, “He’s right, JR. JB should probably stay the night here because of his foot. I don’t want you to stay here bored and lonely.”

JR looked at Jea intently, causing that indescribable feeling in her stomach to rise. “Jea, you don’t want me here? I thought I was your friend…”

“What?!” JB exclaimed with much surprise. “You guys know each other?         ”

“Yeah, uhm, yes we do,” answered Jea softly. “He used to come here regularly during his trainee days for check-ups. We became friends over time...”

“How come I didn’t know about this?” JB asked himself. “Oh wait, I didn’t even know about the existence of this place until today…”

JR rested his head on Jea’s shoulder, causing her to jump out of her seat in shock. “I think I’m feeling a bit under the weather. I think I have a slight fever.” He seized Jea’s hand from her pocket and placed it on his forehead. “See? My forehead is warm. I have to stay now.”

Jea’s heart was being tossed to and fro in the midst of this tempest, but her “professionalism” eventually took hold of her: “I think it might be from fatigue. You’re right. I wouldn’t want to be held accountable of negligence. Stay here JR. I’ll get a cot and set it up next to JB’s bed so you won’t be lonely”

JR’s cheekbones raised themselves at her words. “Wait, but what about you? Will you leave us here alone?” he hastily asked.

Jea breathed out profoundly, “You’re right… I usually close this place at 4 pm, but I’ll make an exception tonight. I’ll stay in my office if you guys need me. I have a lot of documents to go over and fill out.”

Time fled from their grasp as hours passed and night made its appearance. Jea had closed the clinic and sat in her small cluttered office, signing miscellaneous papers and whatnot. JB slept but JR remained awake, waiting for the time for her to check up on them. Jea, however, had sleep overcome her after a small while- she laid her head to sleep on the heaps of paperwork.

“I wonder what’s taking her so long.” JR pondered. Not wavering any longer, JR got up and went to peek into her office.

“WOW, she’s a bad doctor! Falling asleep on the job? I wonder if I can sue her for negligence.” he chuckled as he glimpsed at slumbering Jea through the door opening.

He took his steps slowly and quietly as he walked over to see her sleeping face. She was drooling and JR laughed at the silly expression she held as she slept.

JR ran his finger through her lip. “I’ve never seen her this close and pay attention to how tender her lips are… I wonder how they look like with red lipstick. y? Or clown-like?”

JR scoured the table for any sort of lipstick or anything really, anything that could color her lips red. His hands leapt toward a red Sharpie once he spotted one under a mess of documents. His hands followed his heart’s request and proceeded to color her lips, but no luck. The ink seemed to not hold, it just looked…weird. JR was irritated by his failed attempt, so he took it out on sleeping Jea’s face as he scribbled a tiny heart on her left cheek.

“Now that should be enough for sleeping on the job!” JR laughed.

JR then placed the marker into her hand and curled up her fingers around it.

“Good night.” he whispered into her ear.

JR walked away, back to his room, and one of Jea’s eyes caught a glimpse of his fading figure.

“Is this a dream?” she yawned. “I think it is… JB is sleeping in my clinic…”

When JR came back he was greeted by JB who sat upright in his bed, “Where’d you go?”

“Uhmmm…Bathroom?” JR answered.

“Is she sleeping?” JB questioned. “My leg hurts and the cast is making my leg itch…I want something to drink too.”
Footsteps were heard coming from Jea’s room and JR joked, “Well, I guess she heard you. She’s a real fan!”

JB was intrigued by JR’s comment, “Wait, did you say she’s my fan? She likes me then?”

JR was caught off guard and was unsure how to respond, “Yeah…since our JJ Project days…Or even our trainee days…”

JB delighted himself in JR’s response, “That’s great!”

And then Jea came into the room with a dazed look, her hair was messy and her left eye was half opened. It appeared as though she was sleepwalking and the two were unsure how to handle this predicament. Yet, as though Jea had elaborated an overcomplicated machination, the situation was resolved when she innocently came and lied down next to JB in his bed.

JB noticed a thin trail of drool and wiped it off with his finger. “She must be tired,” he spoke softly.

“JB, are you just going to let her sleep there?” JR asked hurriedly.

“What?!” JB exclaimed. “Of course not. I barely have enough space as it is.” JB began tugging on Jea’s hand in a futile attempt to awaken her. “No good.”

“Hold on, why don’t you let me wake her up?” JR suggested.

“Nah, I got it.” JB answered. JB then moved the locks of hair that had covered Jea’s cheek and kissed her gently.

Jea was shaken from rest and her eyes lifted up to see an up-close and personal JB.

She gasped and quickly got out of bed, “What are you doing in my bed?!” she said in her alarm.

JB was too embarrassed to answer. The thought of that kiss had left him flabbergasted. “Why did I do that?” he asked himself.

Notwithstanding, JR tapped Jea’s shoulder and said, “This is his bed, and the cot next to his is mines. You’re in your clinic; we’re your patients that are staying overnight. And no, this is not a dream.”

“Oh my…” she said under her breath as her eyes bounced from JB to JR and back.

JB was still taken aback by his sudden kiss. JR noticed and took full advantage: he pulled on Jea’s hand and told her to sit next to him. She consented and went over all of these complications in her maiden heart. Her heart was pounding without stopping and sweat began to swell all around her tender complexion. Yet, despite all of this seemingly apparent tumult of emotions, she was happy. She was beyond happy and the smile that set itself upon her face was clear evidence of her bliss. But she made sure to keep the entirety of this secret as she hid her face deep in her hands.

“What happened?” JR asked her.

Jea turned to meet him, “Nothing.”

JR saw her grin, “Shhhhh, you liar. Why are you so happy? Is it because you’re next to me?”

Jea shook her head in disagreement. “No, it’s because my dream of being sleeping beauty came true.”

JB remained unaware, but JR was clearly troubled. “What?”

“Nothing,” Jea answered.

JR wanting to change the subject pointed at her face, “Your heart belongs to me.”

“What?” Jea squealed.

“Your heart, the one on your cheek belongs to me.  I drew it, you see.” JR said with hopeful expectation.

Jea misinterpreted his words, still being shaken in heart, and responded, “I’m sorry JR, but you’re not my dream knight…”

JB was filled with an indescribable tugging in his belly at the sound of her words. But he was happy, nonetheless. No amount of pain, of excruciating pain coming from his fractured foot namely, could steal such joy away.