Let Us Just Love- BlayBrave

(CLOSED) Request Shop~ A Story for Every Passing Day

 

 

Let Us Just Love

 

It was four o’ clock in the morning and Nichkhun was still wide awake. His eyelids were held up by anxiousness and his thoughts had no end. He had recently fought with his beloved, Tiffany, and could not stop thinking about his foolishness.

“I wonder if she’s still awake. Will she answer if I give her a call,” softly spoke Nichkhun as he wrapped his arms around his pillow. “Nah, it’s her fault! And I’m the man, she’s the one that’s supposed to run into my arms!”

His eyes did not escape the sight of his phone that lied across the room atop a small counter, next to the door. It was but a few steps away, but to him it was miles. It had a heavy toll to pay as well- his pride and “manliness”.  This night seemed even longer with every ticking noise the arms of the clock produced resounding alongside the pounding of his heart. He contemplated whether such frequent battles the two experienced would be enough to warrant their separation.

“Fighting almost every day, huh? It feels like I have argued with you more times than I have kissed you. When was the last time our lips met? Or when was the last time I held you near to me? Why is that…..” Nichkhun hid his face in his palms with much frustration consuming him, “Why is that I cannot just love you?”

He opted to get up for a bathroom break rather than lying in bed like one long dead. When he returned his leg bopped the counter and his phone fell to the floor. It simply beckoned for his attention and his eyes, nay his very heart, was drawn to it. His hand hesitated but could not resist the pull the phone had on it. He picked it and began dialing an all too familiar number, one he was thinking of whether to erase or not. The dial tone began its song and he was mesmerized by it, one ring, two rings had passed. His patience was drying up and his anger was kindled by her lack of response.

“I knew it! She’s not gonna answer again!” he said in his haste as he flung the phone towards the wall. It fell on the bed, still ringing.

Then a voice spoke, “Hello?”

Nichkhun scrambled for his phone and clutched it with an outstretched arm.

“Hi, Tiffany?” he answered blankly.

“Oh, it’s you. You ready to apologize?” replied Tiffany.

“What? Waddya mean I have to apologize? You started it!” he answered with his brows furled up.

And the thoughts, the thoughts that had become a bane to his existence, arose “Oh no, not again. Not another fight...”

He quickly hung up and tossed his phone to the end of his bed.

“Why can’t we just love?” he questioned.

Tiffany’s feelings of regrets became simultaneous with the beating of her frail heart.

“I don’t know anymore,” she sighed, “Maybe it is better if we just break up… I just don’t want to fight anymore.”

Her delicate fingers held her phone in hand and she wondered whether or not to call him. Her body, however, had thought for her and so the dial tone ensued without delay.

Nichkhun heard the special ringtone he had up for her, WG’s “Nobody.”

“Hello, Tiffany? Is that you?”

Her mind had become mush at words of his lips- as though he was speaking before her, eye to eye and face to face.

“Yeah, it’s me.”

Nichkhun was immersed in doubt, of whether it was wise to apologize and whether or not it was worth swallowing up his pride.

“I’m sorry,” he pleaded, “Will you take me back?”

Tiffany was now unsure what would come next. After all, this could just be a farce hidden between his words. Who would blame her, right?

 Yet, she decided to try one last time, “Okay.”

Nichkhun was brought to his knees and tears fled away, “I thought, that you might have called to break up… But you took me back.”

Her heart felt a lapse between its beats. Those words shook her with great force.

Her eyes could no longer keep the floodgate and beads of clear tears ran down her face, “Oh, Kunnie, I am so sorry.”

He knew the meaning behind those few words, how she did consider parting ways. His anger quickly grew hot, but he held it in.

Sighing, he said, “It’s okay. It’s okay. I love you Fanny.”

The combination of vowels and consonants that he had just used became a soothing song of relief to her heavy heart.

“I love you too,” she said between sobs.

“Oh that I had wings like the eagle or legs like the gazelle- then I would come to you my dear!”

“Had I wings like the hummingbird, then I would fly to you, to and fro!” she answered with much ecstasy

“All day I think of you! Again and again, you come to me in my dreams! When will I be back to see your sweet smile that is like the morning dew? Do you not know? How I have my hands up in surrender to you, my Fanny? Or do you not know that my thoughts for you are as many as the times my heart beats in a lifetime?” replied Nichkhun as he drew his phone even closer to his lips.

“Oh, my heart skips around you, my love,” she laughed, “But, really, how cheesy are your words for me!”

“Forgive me, my love, for my wrongdoings. For I have cheated you, all this love I withheld from you because of my doubts. But now, let it flood you that if by any means you have grown weary or your heart is dry that then- that then my love may refresh you!” he laughed, “And, well, I just used the titles from our main title tracks to come up with that. I’m like Shakespeare or something huh?”

“Yes you are. I, yes even I, cannot let this go: how I intended to cut you off from my memory. For I now realize that I without you is like the poet without his metaphor, the artist without his brush, or the philosopher without his words! I am like the waters that are tossed continually in a tempest without you!”

He felt the trouble in her words and without a moment’s time, he said, “Do not worry, cast it into the sea of forgetfulness, and now, let us just love! Despite the false words of others, despite their disagreement, despite the distance that currently keeps us, let us just love!”

 


I came up with the plot as you asked, and I think it turned out more angst than romance, but I'm sure it still holds to being qualified as romance. Thank you for requesting! ;)