Suga Candy- syafiqahyasin

(CLOSED) Request Shop~ A Story for Every Passing Day

Sugar Caramel Love

Amidst the sea of roars and fan-chants, Suga stood happy for today’s Music Bank winner, Eric Nam. Yet his eyes drifted upwards to the ceiling as though they were two lonely ships in the sea of boredom, looking up for inspiration. After this, he and his beloved BTS members would go sleep the night away after the exhaustion of a day’s work. But, he wanted more than just that- he wanted something to do, or better yet, he wanted to meet a new person.

Then it happened, that while his mind stayed on “blank”, his body was moved: a lass ran past him, brushing against him in her haste.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” she blurted.

Suga was distracted, “Oh no, it’s okay.”

And she went her way, to her friends on the other side of the stage, while Eric was receiving his prize. However, Suga’s gaze had followed the young woman all the way through.

Teahyung noticed, “Hyung, what happened? Love at first sight?”

“What? Of course not,” answered Suga, “She’s just uhm, pretty…”

“Hmm, did you take a second look?” replied Taehyung with a wide grin.

“What for?”

“Because, haven’t you heard? Love at first sight is solved by taking a second look.”

Rapmonster overheard the two and wanted to join in, “What’s this Suga fell in love?”

The others ears’ were promptly drawn to their talk and all wanted to chip in.

“Just go introduce yourself,” they insisted.

Overwhelmed by all the unneeded pep talk and encouragement Suga answered, “FINE! But I don’t even know her name, and to be honest I haven’t been paying attention to all the latest girl groups…”
“Which girl?” eagerly asked Kookie.

Suga pointed to the girl who had swiftly charmed his heart.

“Oooh, she’s pretty! I’ll talk to her if you don’t want to,” said Taehyung.

“Well, who is she?” questioned Suga.

“Ooooh, jealousy? Already protecting your girl?” remarked Rapmonster.

Suga glared at Rapmonster’s trademark smile which went from cheek to cheek.

“You know her?” shot back Suga.

“Well kinda, only from T.V.  I think her name is Mijoo? I know she’s from uhm… That one new girl group, Lovelyz I think.”

“It was that simple.” replied Suga with his beady eyes shining brightly.

Suga stole a new bottle of water from the hands of Taehyung. Taeyhyung questioned his action and replied with a scowl.

“I need a gift, I can’t just meet her empty-handed you know.” snickered Suga with a smug smile.

Suga went the distance, with his hands releasing more sweat with every step he took. They were face to face, but Suga had lost confidence.

“You need something?” asked Mijoo.

Babysoul immediately recognized him, “Oh, hello! We’re Lovelyz! I’m the leader. It’s nice to meet you.”

Then the remaining members followed suit and introduced themselves. Suga smiled and stretched his out his hand, water-bottle and all, to Mijoo.

“What’s this? A gift, thank you for your kindness!” answered Mijoo with much astonishment.

“We’ll leave you two alone,” whispered Babysoul as though she caught whiff of what was going on.

“I’m Suga but I go by Min Yoongi, what’s your name?”

“Don’t you mean you’re Min Yoongi and you go by Suga as you’re stage name?” she giggled as her hands struggled to open the bottle.

“Yes,” he choked, “Uhm, yes. And I’m Lee Mijoo, uhm, I mean you’re Lee Mijoo, right?”

“Yeah, that’s correct. And sorry to ask, but did you need something. I hope you didn’t get hurt when I bopped into you, did you?” she asked as she continued her struggle with the bottle.

Suga finally took notice, taking the bottle from her hand and opening it within the second.

“I would like to know you better,” he said as he returned the bottle.

“Okay. I have a question.”
“Shoot away.”
“Can you do a quick free-style rap for me or something? Since you’re a rapper and all I mean.”

Suga held onto his chin and thought of what he could respond with.

His lips opened, “Okay, how about this: My name is Suga, pretty sweet don’t you think? And you’re name is Mijoo, tastier than a marshmallow or two. Anyways, your smile, well it makes me wonder if it’ll be like honey and keep me glued to it. Since you’re sweeter than candy and I’m a rapper, can I wrap you up in my arms and take you to a place unknown?” he coughed, “Can I take you out for a cup of coffee or something? Doesn’t have to be coffee.”

Mijoo was entranced in his clever word play and her lips were pressed upon the bottle as she drank. Then it came upon her quicker than a lion comes upon its prey, and she spat out her water in Suga’s face:
“I am so sorry. I’ll get some tissue or something,” she said with much nervousness.

Despite the little predicament Suga smiled and laughed it off, “I think Suga-water is sweeter than plain sugar by itself, don’t you think?”

She was taken aback by his humor, but she soon began to laugh.

“I like you,” Suga said with a bright smile.

“I like you too,” she replied.

She gently smiled and took out her phone. Suga took out his and they exchanged phone numbers. His BTS buddies laughed at him when he returned to them, thinking he was rejected and spat at.

“NO, she likes me,” he insisted, “But man, this has gotta be one of the longest nights here. Never thought I would meet a girl here at Music Bank like I did just now…”


I think turned out well, but it turned out more romance than romcom. Can you please share your opinion on it?