TrollingYeol- Be My Heart

(CLOSED) Request Shop~ A Story for Every Passing Day

Be My Heart

The sun had said goodbye and had laid itself to sleep; the end of the day had come. It was a beautiful sunset we had just witnessed. However, what made it perfect for me was standing besides Woohyun. Only he could’ve been the final touch, the cherry atop the sundae. He had been absent from my life for so long… I can’t believe I did not notice that this void I always felt in my heart was because he left… because he wasn’t there. I was a fool not to realize this earlier. Maybe if I had I would’ve confessed, but I have been given a second chance which I cannot refuse...

“You okay?” he asked as he looked into my eyes.

Did he notice? Did he notice my irregular heartbeat? 

But I feigned, “Yes, uhm, it’s just that I’m so tired of standing.”
“Really now?” He took a few steps backwards and sat himself down. The roof-tiles let out some dust as they welcomed his rest. His hand then patted the place besides him, “Come and sit down next to me, Namjoo.”
As if I was not nervous enough. Nevertheless, I accepted his invitation.

I took small steps, I didn’t want to fall down the four-story mansion and die after all. The noise of my steps was pretty loud even though I tried my best to be calm and cautious, completely contrasting the gallant steps Woohyun had taken. I neared him and steadily sat down, but then he grabbed my hand- pulling me down into his arms.

“You don’t have to be so afraid, I’m here for you.” he said with a wide grin and eye smile.

His smile was beautiful, his eye smile I mean. They were like the new moon, crescent, and his irises almost completely hidden.

“Wow, you have pretty round eyes now that I take a better look,” he remarked, “Like the full moon, a precious alabaster with glorious russet dots right in the middle.”

Wow, did he really just plagiarize me?

“Uhm, thank you Oppa.”

He let out a profound sigh, “Did you miss me?”

I grew furious and moved out of his embrace, “Of course I did! Oppa, you left without giving me any warning whatsoever. And I’m pretty sure you called from the airport to make matters worse, On the day you left… to America. I couldn’t exactly visit you there when I was only thirteen years old.

“It was my father’s fault I moved. We had to move because of his business, you know. And I inherited all of his riches, so it wasn’t too bad of a deal”

“Yeah, but you were the one who chose not to call!”

He hid his face in his hands; he was embarrassed, “Yeah, you’re right. Will you forgive me?”

Ahhh, this boy can take years from my life yet he would never notice.

“Hey, remember how I met you?” Woohyun yawned as he stretched out his arms like the eagle stretches out its plumes just before flight.

I turned swiftly to meet him, “How can I forget?”

Woohyun let out a gentle laughter, reminiscing of times past and long gone.

“I sure did get your attention, didn’t I?”

“Yes, you did. I was building a castle in the sandlot. And then all of a sudden a boy, that I’ve never met mind you, pounces upon my castle! ‘Growl, I’m a dinosaur’ you said. And that didn’t help any!” I exclaimed while imitating a t-rex’s strut. “Dinosaurs don’t even go ‘Growwwwl’, they go ‘Raaawwwr’!”

He laughed, “Was that supposed to be a dinosaur? You looked more like a chicken!”

He started to piss me off, and my heart began to tremble even more. I think the times my heart palpitated in that very moment were as many as the minutes he had been away from me during all those years.

“I have a secret I wanted to tell you,” I whispered.

“What was that? A secret?’ he asked. “What’s up with women and secrets?”

“Well, it’s a very big secret. I did not even recognize its existence until recently… when I received your invitation in the mail to come here today.”

“Is it about the amount of money I have? Well, I’m rich I’ll tell you that. I’ve lost track of how rich I am, but I’m rich for sure. Don’t worry though, I consider myself humble-hearted.”

“I don’t think a humble person would say he’s humble…”

“Okay so what is it?” he asked as he moved next to me.

I was about to answer, but was interrupted by his phone that rang like crazy. It scared me, sending down electricity to the soles of my feet.

“Hold on, it might be business.”

He retrieved his phone from deep inside his pocket and opened its protective flap to reveal who the caller was. I glimpsed but sure wished I had not known the caller. It read Park Chorong. She was my close friend…

Yet I faked it, “Who’s the caller? It’s a girl right? Is she your friend?”

Woohyun shushed me, “Hold on this is important!”

Why would he say that? Was he really that blind and that deaf?

“But, I thought you kept yourself free of all things so that I could have you alone today.”

“Shhhhhhh, this is very important!”

Did he really not feel my heart’s truth? How I love him? Or how I need him?

I was fed up and so I got up and began walking towards the very edge of the roof. I saw his eyes light up. Finally I had gotten some attention.

“Namjoo, it’s pretty dangerous there. Please come closer, don’t walk near the edge!” he sternly warned.

“Well, maybe if you put down the phone. Maybe then I’ll listen to you. Because it’s obvious that you’re not listening to my story.”

Woohyun placed his phone between his legs and raised his arms up, “Okay, now please calm down. I’m sorry; it’s just that I really needed to take this call.”

“No, throw it over the roof!” I insisted.

“But I just got this phone yesterday!”

“So then, that means she was one of the first people to get your new number, right?”

“Awww, come on. Don’t be like that, please, just come down here!” he angrily shouted.

I think he could’ve screamed and shouted until his voice went dry, but I stood steadfast in my convictions.

“Throw away the phone.”

I heard her voice on the phone, “PASS THE PHONE TO HER, IDIOT!”

Woohyun was bewildered at her request, but said “Please, Namjoo!”

He then tipped and tapped his way over to me. He extended his phone as though he was extending a rescue rope, with utmost care- making sure it reached my grasp. Then I pushed him away and he fell on his soft yet firm cheeks.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Namjoo, what are you doing, stupid?” Chorong said.

“You would like to know, wouldn’t you? It’s not fair! I’ve waited for years for this chance, but then you- one of my most precious friends- came in and stole my chance. How else would you want me to take all of this?”

“Calm down, Namjoo. It’s not what you’re thinking!”

“I’ve seen enough dramas to know what I’m thinking. It’s not fair! That stupid boy doesn’t want my heart! I’m weak and weary and my lips are chapped from withholding these waters of truth, of my sincere love for him. I can scream to the top of my lungs, yet I would be as one without words and voice to him!”
She was frustrated, I think she wanted to tell me something, but I didn’t want any of it.

I threw the phone over at Woohyun and without surprise he caught it.

He then launched his phone across the night sky, it was beautiful. It was like a paper plane flying in the darkened expanse, only it was a phone. It fully displayed his heart for me: I was more important to him than that call.

“I’m sorry Namjoo,” he sighed, “this is my fault. I should’ve hung up a long time ago.”

“Yeah, you should’ve!” I replied with much grief.

“Ahhh, she was just trying to help me.”

“Help you with what? Breaking my heart?”

“Noooo,” he sighed deeply as covered his face, “She was trying to help me confess… I should’ve told her that you were right next to me. I wanted all the help and advice I could receive in order to get it right. She even called me stupid once she heard your voice and realized you were besides me.”
“What????”

He then came by me and took my hand as he pointed up at the shining stars held up in heaven, “You see all those stars? I’ve sighed and groaned as many times as the stars in this universe…All because you were not next to me.”

“Oppa, that’s not fair! She’s my friend, and you almost caused the end of our friendship.”

“I’m sorry. I saw her talking to you one day after I had come back from America and thought she could help me out. Since she’s your friend and all, I mean.”

This night was long and thought it should finally end, “Woohyun, I loved you first. This is my story, my secret. I love you.”

“I hope you take this idiot and his foolish heart. I love you too,” he said and I could feel his breath as he took me in his arms.

“Your nose is pretty cute, Namjoo; it’s small and round. I just noticed, now that it’s right next to mines and all…”
“Shut up.”


Hi, I'm sorry for the delay but I hope you enjoy the story. It took me a while to get down exactly what "fluff" is since I never really wrote anything of that genre, but I tried my best! I also wanted to add in the angst for some spice as you suggested. I took some inspiration from "Secret" by Apink as well (I looove that song).