Inferno

When The Sun No Longer Shines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So honey? How was your weekend? Do you have a great time or did you miss me?” Jongin asked Kyungsoo as he leaned towards the said boy while taking a at his ice cream.

The boys are having the lunch together at the Japanese garden beside the pond. Kyungsoo really love to watch those koi swimming around in the pool while enjoying his lunch and being accompanied by the sound of water flowing down the man made waterfall. It is so serene. Kyungsoo had actually asked Chanyeol to join them but he turned the invitation down with the reason that he has to go to the library to return the novel that he was supposed to return a week ago. With Chanyeol giving that kind of excuse, Kyungsoo just let him go but deep inside, he knows that Chanyeol is not in a good term with Jongin.

“Well, it was certainly the best weekend that I have ever had in my whole life.” Kyungsoo answered.

“Why? Did something special happened?” Jongin asked as he stand up and face Kyungsoo, filled with curiosity.

“Nothing much in particular, it’s just that Chanyeol and I have finally made up.” Kyungsoo explained.

“Oh! I thought that you guys were having a big party at your house without inviting me to it.” Jongin joked.

“You know me, I am not that kind of person. I don’t favor that kind of thing.”

“Speaking about partying, do you have any plan for this coming weekend? My friends will be throwing a birthday party and he invited me. Wanna tag along?”

“No Jongin, I don’t think I’ll be able to make it. Besides, my family will be holding a small memorial service in remembrance of our family members that passed away. So my mum and dad will be coming home this weekend.” Kyungsoo explained to Jongin.

“What? A memorial service? So lame.” Jongin said mockingly.

“Why is it lame? I don’t see anything lame about remembering the passing of your loved ones. To me, it is like we embrace their passing on and pray may they will find peace in the afterlife. That has been the tradition of our family; the Do family. Besides, the memorial service will be held in remembrance of my best friend’s passing on. Our best friend to be exact, Chanyeol and I. He died 7 years ago with his parent in an accident. In fact, he was more than a best friend to me, the three of us are like brothers. That is why, when we lose him, I also lose a part of me.” Kyungsoo explained.

“I am sorry Kyungsoo. I didn’t mean to hurt your feeling. I was only joking.” Jongin apologized.

“Don’t worry, I was not mad at you. It’s just that when I remember him, I really feel the lost.”

“Kyungsoo! The recess is about to end, let’s head back to class before the bell rings.” Chanyeol called out to Kyungsoo.

He was on his way to the class from the library when he suddenly remembered about Kyungsoo that he made the U-turn just so that they can walk to class together.

“Oh my goodness, look at the time, I seriously did not realize that recess is almost over! Ok! Bye Jongin!” Kyungsoo said as he got up from the bench and accidently pushed Jongin who was leisurely leaning on his shoulder and almost got him thrown off the bench.

“Hey! Watch it!” Jongin yelled as he was surprised but managed to balance his body.

“Sorry Jongin. Yeollie is waiting for me. See you tomorrow.”

Kyungsoo ran towards Chanyeol who is waiting for him. As he approached Chanyeol, he opened his arm, signaling for Chanyeol to catch him. Knowing what Kyungsoo meant, Chanyeol respond in the same way too. So, Kyungsoo ran into Chanyeol’s embrace and laughed happily because of their childish act. Other students that passed by just smile watching those two because they were very familiar with them and they knew very well that Chany

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter