Chapter 9

Perfect Luck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo woke up at the sudden throbbing pain on his head. It was like his brain was going to explode any minute. He was wrapped with darkness, faint music can be heard from the distance, probably from the nearby bars.

“Jongin?” he called out, turning to the other side of the bed, hand blindly searching for a figure. But there was none. His husband hasn’t gone back yet.

He needed Jongin. He needed him to soothe his pain but there was nothing he can do. Nobody could hear him if he screams. He’s sure of it.

He just hoped someone would come in soon.

 

 

It was their last night at the beach so they decided to drink, excluding Kyungsoo and Luhan. Kyungsoo, of course, didn’t want to and besides his injury, he was never a good drinker as Baekhyun told him. The Chinese man just simply decided to have enough rest to make sure he would be able to appear presentable for his appointment the next morning.

Jongin unconsciously have Kyungsoo in his mind from time to time, worrying about leaving the man alone, helpless if something happened but either Chanyeol or Baekhyun would get his attention back to the conversation which he barely remembered how the transition went from one topic to another.

They ended their little party after a few more drinks and went back to the hotel together with Sehun immediately separating from them. Baekhyun wanted to see his friend before going back to his room shared with his boyfriend. Chanyeol was whining behind him, complaining why they had to check on Kyungsoo when Jongin was surely heading there.

Baekhyun would have regretted it if he gave up to his boyfriend’s whines because the moment the lights were , Kyungsoo was unconscious but not on the bed anymore. The said man was sprawled on the floor next to the bed, with the blanket barely covering his exposed legs.

They all turned more sober than they were a minute ago and Jongin instinctively ran towards the poor figure, murmuring Kyungsoo’s name as he kneeled down and pulled the unconscious male to his lap. Baekhyun and Chanyeol followed, the shorter male not-so-gently patting his friend’s cheek but there was no response. At least Kyungsoo was still breathing.

 

 

There was a man so familiar, tall with blonde hair, dropping all the contents of a bag to the bed. There were towels, a purse, a hair brush, some simple cosmetics, a pen, a small notebook, crumpled receipts and small stuffs Kyungsoo couldn’t make out.

He watched the man pick up the purse and took out some bills and a few cards.

“That’s mine,” he said and the man didn’t seem to hear him or probably just pretended he didn’t exist. “Yifan, you have no right to take my cards!” he yelled as he stomped his way towards the male he called Yifan.

“I am still married to you and what’s yours is mine,” the tall male said without giving Kyungsoo a glance.

Kyungsoo tried to snatch the cards away but failed, obviously to the disadvantage of their sizes. Yifan was way taller and stronger than he is. “You can’t spend my savings alone!”

“I can.” Yifan pulled him by the collar making him gasp at the suddenness. “And you still can’t afford to file a divorce. You’re just a poor chef assistant.”

Kyungsoo found himself on the floor, his back took most of the impact upon falling and his eyes only followed the man’s figure out of the door and his sight.

“Jongin,” he called out.

“Kyungsoo?” his husband’s voice came out of nowhere. “Kyungsoo, are you awake?”

Though he couldn’t see Jongin, he can feel comfort. He felt safe.

Just then something warm was on his cheek and Kyungsoo managed to pull himself out to reality. It was just a dream, he thought, because his husband was leaning over him with worry and a hand on his cheek.

He blinked a few times, his surroundings sinking into him and he wasn’t in their room anymore. He was at the same clinic he was brought to the other day.

“Jongin,” he said in almost a whisper, but his eyes were everywhere but on his husband’s.

“I’m here, Kyungsoo. What happened?”

It was still dark outside the window. He wondered how much time had passed and it was probably near morning because the music was gone.

“My head hurts,” he muttered, unsure if he was still feeling it. He wasn’t sure if he could still feel anything else than his husband’s warm hand.

“I’ll call the nurse. I’ll be back in a minute.”

Kyungsoo internally whimpered at the loss of warmth when Jongin pulled away and disappeared behind the curtain that separated his privacy.

 

 

After a while of listening to the possible cause of Kyungsoo’s unconsciousness to them by the nurse, Baekhyun sighed and looked over to the white curtain where his friend rested on the other side. He literally ran as fast as he could when his boyfriend informed him that Kyungsoo was awake. He didn’t even notice his boyfriend tripping and whining behind him while he ran towards the clinic.

“It must have been the effect of the accident,” he muttered, earning a glance from his boyfriend. What the nurse told them wasn’t too convincing but he believes in his intuition.

He looked up to his boyfriend and smiled, arms wrapping around the taller male and head resting on the chest. He watched Jongin awkwardly trying to settle down on a comfortable position on the chair next to the nurse’s desk.

“Jongin,” Kyungsoo called out weakly, causing the tanned male to stand up quickly.

“I’m here,” Jongin answered in a note higher than usual as he walked over to where Kyungsoo was, behind the curtain.

Baekhyun could only chuckle at the male’s obvious awkwardness.

“What’s funny?” Chanyeol inquired, an arm making its way ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter