Chapter 10

Perfect Luck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin had gathered everyone who was available in his house after an unexpected event at the restaurant. That only left Chanyeol and Baekhyun since Sehun had to drive Luhan to the appointment.

Baekhyun literally barged in, swinging the door wide open and with full force that the doorknob had indented against the wall. Chanyeol was stunned at the action as well, frozen behind his boyfriend.

“Where’s Kyungsoo?”

Jongin groaned after realizing that it was only Baekhyun and not some private military people who break people’s doors. “He’s sleeping.”

“What happened?”

 

--

They haven’t started their meal yet when Kyungsoo suddenly let out a painful groan, both hands on either side of his head.

“Kyungsoo?” Jongin internally panicked at the sight but managed to remain calm to avoid attention. “Kyungsoo, what’s wrong?”

When he didn’t receive a response, he stood up just in time one of Kyungsoo’s hand fell on the table, knocking an empty glass to roll and break on the floor.

“Kyung—,” he was interrupted when the shorter male fell unconscious with one last, heavy breath but he was lucky enough to catch the said male before Kyungsoo fully meets the floor.

The unconscious man’s lips were pale and hands were cold. Jongin didn’t waste time carrying the man to his car, telling the host that a friend of his will come and pay for their meal as he went out of the restaurant.

Driving, he couldn’t think properly. He wasn’t sure where he’d bring Kyungsoo but a clinic or a hospital would be a no-no. He would be required to fill up forms and the doctor would ask him for Kyungsoo’s relatives and even find out that they aren’t married. That left his house the only choice.

He laid Kyungsoo in bed, boiled some water and used it to warm a towel before wiping Kyungsoo’s face and hands. Eventually, the man’s color came back and Jongin sighed in relief.

--

 

“Oh my gosh,” Baekhyun muttered.

The other two men just followed the figure pacing back and forth the living room with their eyes.

“Baek, calm down. Kyungsoo’s fine now,” Chanyeol finally said after feeling tired of watching his boyfriend.

“Yeah,” Baekhyun answered, taking a seat next to his boyfriend on the couch.

Silence took over them until they heard the faint noise from upstairs. Nobody moved but all assumed that it was probably Kyungsoo. Footsteps were heard, going down the stairs and their heads turned to the direction where they found Kyungsoo wincing at the pain every time he takes a step with his injured foot.

“Jongin,” the man called out softly, still trying to make it down the stairs.

Baekhyun hissed when the addressed man didn’t make a move, grabbed the nearest pillow and threw it right in the tanned male’s face. “Go and get him, idiot!”

“Of course,” Jongin muttered in realization, standing up from his spot and walked over to help the injured man down the stairs.

“Baby, I need to call the office.” Kyungsoo was gripping tightly on his husband’s arm, motioning the other to lead him near the telephone. “I should have filed a leave so that they could find someone to take my place for a while.”

Baekhyun tilted his head in confusion. “Kyungsoo, you don’t have…”

Jongin, on the other hand, tried to stop Kyungsoo from getting near the phone. Instead, he lifted the man and carried him to the couch where the other couple stood up and changed seats. He gave the couple a confused look as well.

Kyungsoo was muttering a phone number and repeating it all over again as if he was memorizing it.

“Okay, I’ll do it,” Baekhyun said and walked over to the phone, not missing the even confused look on Jongin’s face. They all know if the phone number exists and if Kyungsoo was still working on his previous job. Baekhyun was going to try it anyway.

He dialed the said number and waited for three rings before someone picked it up with a hoarse, deep voice greeting him. “Good afternoon, you’re calling Solo Mio. How may we be of service?”

“Uhm, is this where my friend Do Kyungsoo works?” Baekhyun asked, glancing over at the people behind him.

“Kyu-Kyungsoo? Wait, uhm, he did work here but… wait, I’ll call the chef.” Rustling noise was heard and a faint clinking of pans and utensils echoed. A little while, another voice came to answer the phone.

“Hello, this is Chef Kibum and I am speaking with?”

“Byun Baekhyun, Kyungsoo’s friend.”

“Ah, you’re looking for Kyungsoo?”

“Uhm, no, I’m with Kyungsoo right now. He just wants to—,”

“Oh, ! Thank goodness! I’ve been so worried! I mean, he just asked for a day off and never came back then I heard they were involved in an accident and his husband unfortunately – or fortunately – didn’t survive. Is it true?”

“Yeah… true. But Kyungsoo’s fine.”

“That Chinese businessman was a douche. Oh, can I talk to him?”

Baekhyun hesitated but agreed. “Sure.” He turned back and handed Kyungsoo the phone. “The chef wants to talk to you.”

The sparkle of happiness and excitement in Kyungsoo’s eyes was priceless. Everyone noticed. 

The man took the phone and rested his head on his husband’s chest, his free hand playing with Jongin’s. “Kibum hyung?”

The others watched with tense, unnoticed by an oblivious Kyungsoo. They were all worried that something wrong could be mentioned and make Kyungsoo confused, especi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter