Chapter 2

Perfect Luck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They dated for three years and just last year, they got married. They still have no kids and Jongin just graduated, fresh, from the university. Kyungsoo was caught in a car accident and was unconscious for a week in the hospital.

At least, that’s what Kyungsoo could conclude after all the story telling that Jongin did.

“So this is your room,” Jongin tapped on the guest room’s door and pointed to the end of the hallway, a few meters away from Kyungsoo’s. “Mine’s there.”

Kyungsoo looked straight ahead to where Jongin was pointing at before shifting his confused gaze on the tanned male. “We… don’t sleep together?”

Jongin snorted. “Of course, not!” But after realizing what he just said, he cleared his throat and flashed his sweetest smile to the shorter male. “I’ll explain things to you next time, honey. Take a good sleep and rest well.”

Before he could step away and head to his own room, he was stopped by another tug on his sleeve. Kyungsoo was again looking at him with wide, curious eyes. “What?” he asked, with a hint of annoyance in his voice.

“No good night kisses too?”

“No, honey,” he answered bluntly before trudging his way to his bedroom to avoid more questions.

 

 

Kyungsoo was confused as ever. He woke up in a hospital room and immediately discovered he had feared needles upon laying his eyes to the side where an injection rested. He didn’t find it weird that he didn’t remember anything but he ran away to nowhere and again woke up to an unfamiliar place.

His husband rescued him somehow, he thought as he laid down his bed.

What made him think was weird were his husband’s affection towards him. He thought that the other male was cold. But weren’t married couples supposed to be close and sweet? Well, he could say that Jongin is sweet but at some point, they were just like strangers.

It’s just the effects of my memory loss, he convinced himself. Maybe Jongin is really like that and I did love him.

With a smile on his face, Kyungsoo slowly drifted to sleep.

On the other room, however, Jongin couldn’t get a blink of sleep.

What have I done? Why am I doing this?

He felt guilty and sorry for the innocent man. What if Kyungsoo’s real husband or wife comes to the police and look for the missing spouse? He’s going to be so dead.

He didn’t want to die before his grandfather, that’s for sure.

It surprised him how Kyungsoo seemed to believe every lie he had said. What did he expect from a person who lost big bits of his memories?

But he needed it, he thought. He needs his money back and when he gets it, he’ll confess everything to Kyungsoo and help the poor guy find his old life back – that is if Kyungsoo’s memory doesn’t come back.

Perfect! I can still do something good in return after all this mess. I won’t be in hell forever.

 

 

By the time Jongin woke up in the morning, Kyungsoo was still fast asleep when he checked the guest room. He took a shower, grabbed a pen and paper, and headed down to the dining room to make a list of his house rules.

House Rules:

No kissing. Strictly no . Never invade each other’s bedrooms. Curfew is 6pm.

“What’s that?”

“House rules, honey,” Jongin said, eyes fixed on the paper. Just when he was about to continue writing, his eyes caught the other’s milky white thighs next to him, showing off just below the hem of his white polo shirt. He paused and pondered, is he even wearing anything inside?

No showing off too much skin.

“Where are your pants?” he asked, trying hard not to glance back at the enticing milky and smooth-looking skin next to him.

“It felt hot last night so I took it off,” Kyungsoo answered without any hint of hesitation. He shifted and pulled a chair closer to Jongin before sitting down on it.

Jongin swore he could see the inner thighs – stop staring!

Kyungsoo leaned closer to take a look at the list the other was making. “No ? Why?” He inquired, looking straight at Jongin’s hesitating ones. “We’re married and it’s legal.”

It was just one of those usual times when Jongin’s mind are quite working properly that he came up with another lie to cover up things for his safety. “Honey, you made these rules.”

Taken aback, Kyungsoo made a questioning hum. “I…I did?”

“Yes, and I’m just writing these things down for you,” the tanned male smiled, gently pressing his forehead into the other’s. “You said you weren’t ready to make changes on your lifestyle yet so that’s why it’s just still you and me. No babies.”

“We… never kissed?”

“Uhm, we did, but just like this,” Jongin said, demonstrating a kiss on the shorter male’s cheek that had Kyungsoo blushing madly l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter