Chapter 5

Perfect Luck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun couldn’t really grasp what’s between him and the Chinese coffee shop owner. It had been more than a year since they met at the actual place while he and his friends tried to get rid of their hangovers with coffees. His preferences, without hesitation, changed the other way from female to male, the moment he laid his eyes on Luhan, the kind and lovely owner of the shop.

They went on dates a few times, moved on to the next level to the point that Sehun almost moved into the older male’s place. But he didn’t. Sure, Luhan calls him by endearment but every time he was introduced to someone new, the older male says they’re just friends.

Thinking of it, he couldn’t recall a time the Chinese male introduced him as a boyfriend neither both of them verbally agreed that they were in that status. Sehun just assumed things that way that they were boyfriends and at the same time, they weren’t.

“Hey, Luhan hyung,” he stood by the café’s counter and called the Chinese male’s attention from the coffee maker.

“Sehunnie,” Luhan cooed without looking back, “we have talked about that”. Being formal wasn’t Luhan’s thing and he hates to be addressed as an older person.

“I know.”

“So did he accept?”

“Not a hint. He’s got pride, you know.”

The Chinese male turned to the counter with a paper cup of hot espresso in his hand. “But the slot’s available if he changes his mind. He can’t rely on Chanyeol’s card forever, especially that he’s taking care of his spouse.”

Luhan pushed the cup towards Sehun and the younger made a face. “No coffee for me, Lu.”

“Fine,” Luhan smiled, turning to one of his employees. “One pearl tea for Sehun, please.” The employee nodded and Luhan returned the gesture. “I really feel bad for Kyungsoo. That’s his name, right?”

Sehun groaned as he was reminded of what happened the day before, dealing with a very moody man in the house. “He’s no ordinary guy and Jongin should have known before getting himself into that trouble. I don’t want to contribute to make someone’s life a lie but I have no choice.”

“It will be a big trouble once he gets his memories back.”

“I’m aware. I don’t want to be accused for that and spend some time in jail.”

“I’m not going to bail you out.”

“Sweet.” Sehun made sure to make it sound so sarcastic.

Smiling back, Luhan made his way around the counter just in time Sehun received his drink. “Take a walk with me.”

 

 

Jongin woke up, slouching on his couch. Pain immediately ran throughout his body from his sore back from the awkward position when he tried to shift in his seat. The television was still on just like it was before he fell asleep in the middle of Kyungsoo’s narrative documentary story that the shorter male had watched the night before.

Right, Kyungsoo had been so hyper and talkative since that morning while he wouldn’t even speak a word when necessary the day before.

Jongin felt something move on his lap and looking down, he found Kyungsoo sleeping with his head leaning on his lap, facing in his direction. Both of the shorter male’s hands were holding his right hand securely.

One move, he could feel his strained body aching for comfort but Kyungsoo only tightened his grip on his hand when Jongin tried to take it off.

“Kyungsoo,” he called out softly, not trying to startle the other. Who knows what this pale man could do when his sleep is disturbed? “Kyungsoo,” he repeated but failed to receive any response.

Giving up, Jongin stayed still, eyes on the TV show. Eventually, he felt his eyes drooping.

 

 

Sehun found himself inside a fancy clothing shop. It was just one of those rare times when Luhan wants to buy something new and it could only mean there would be a party to be attended soon. Sehun was free to decide if he wants to come or not but of course, he likes parties as well so he’s always with the older male, except on urgent occasions where he had to attend school or family matters.

Unlike Sehun, the Chinese male only gets to attend a party at least once a month. He isn’t a party person though he’s very sociable and nice.

“Lulu!” Another man with nice narrow eyes greeted as they entered the shop. “Another party?”

Sehun internally cringed at the nickname. Not that he dislikes it but he thought that he only have the right to call the said male with such names.

“Yes,” Luhan.

The man, Sehun assumed to be the shop’s owner, looked up at him with interest. “So this must be Sehun.” He offered his hand and Sehun willingly accepted it. The man seemed nice anyway. “I’m Minseok.”

“Nice to meet you,” Sehun smiled, feeling Luhan’s hand on his back.

“Is it okay to bring our drinks?” Luhan asked and Minseok nodded.

“Just make sure not to spill them on anything. Coffee is bad for fabrics.” Minseok said before leaving for the small office at the end of the shop, Sehun assumed.

At times like this, Sehun usually just sits around and wait for Luhan to finish roaming back and forth the place. The Chinese man made it clear that he doesn’t trust the younger’s sense of fashion.

Sehun isn’t bad at choosing and mixing clothes and he’s actually good at that but only for himself. When it’s about someone else, he gets a hard time picking out stuffs. It depends on the person wearing it after all. Not everyone looks good on the ones he’s wearing.

“Sehun,” Minseok started, sitting next to the younger ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter