Chapter 12

Perfect Luck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo stared at the pile of unused and probably will never be used stuffs in front of him. There were dusts everywhere and plenty of cobwebs on the corner of the room. He scrunched his nose and sneezed before turning and waking up the stairs. It was his first time going down the basement since his accident and he was just curious as to what kind of stuffs were there.

He took a bath and tended his foot, all the while, his husband snoring. He sat next to the male’s spot and poked Jongin’s nose, making the other stir uncomfortably with an unpleasant face. When he was sure his husband wouldn’t be getting out of bed any time soon, he came down to the yard after mentally arguing if he should change into something that would cover the faint marks on his neck that his husband made a few nights ago. He thought it wouldn’t be noticeable at all and decided to just head down. He found their neighbor, Yixing, watering the plants.

“Hello,” the Chinese male greeted upon spotting him.

“Hi,” Kyungsoo smiled back.

“How are you? I heard you have an injury.”

He nodded and looked down on his foot. “It’s healing faster than we expected. I might get back to work in a few days.”
“Where do you work?” Yixing laced the watering can on the ground and leaned over the fence.

“Solo Mio, as a chef assistant.”

“Sounds fancy.”

“It is.”

The Chinese male nodded, glancing up at the window on the second floor. “Your husband has work?”

“Not yet,” he answered, following the man’s gaze.

“Must be tough for you.”

“I’m not sure about that,” he said. In all honesty, he had no idea how it worked out before. “Well, we have this house so maybe we have enough to spend.”

“Right.”

Kyungsoo just watched his neighbor do the work and exchange questions from time to time until he felt something around his waist. He yelped in surprise and his husband just chuckled behind him.

“What are you doing here?” Jongin asked.

“Just killing out time until you wake up,” he answered. “I don’t want to prepare breakfast early and feed you cold food.”
Yixing laughed and glanced at the couple. “That’s what my mother always tells us when we wake up with growling stomachs.”

The couple excused themselves to go back in the house and Kyungsoo immediately started preparing a simple meal while Jongin took a bath.

Just when he was done preparing, the telephone started ringing and Kyungsoo hesitated to pick it up. But when there was no sign of his husband going down soon enough, he answered the call.

“Hey, Kyungsoo. Is Jongin there? I’ve been calling his phone.” It was Chanyeol.

“He’s still in the bathroom.”

“Ah, I just want to talk to him about the training I have and maybe he could join me rather than wasting his time lying around and waiting to be fed.”

“Oh, okay. I’ll just let him know you called.”

“Thanks, Kyungsoo. And Baekhyun’s coming over there later.”

“Okay. I’ll just be here.”

The call ended and he went back to the kitchen to set up the table and when his husband came down, Jongin was talking to someone on his phone. By the distant voice, he could tell it was Chanyeol.

His husband doesn’t seem to like the idea being proposed to him with the way he frowns and make unnecessary grunts.
“Later. I’ll eat my breakfast first,” Jongin said before ending the call. “Hm, this looks yummy.”

Kyungsoo smiled at how his husband’s expression drastically changed upon seeing the food he served. “Eat as much as you want while I’m still able to cook for you.”

Jongin stared at him for a moment with confusion on his face. “What do you mean by that? You’re leaving?”

“I’m not leaving. You know, when I get back to work I won’t have enough time to cook for you.”

“I see.”

He noticed the relief his husband’s face showed and it made him smile. “You’re so worried about me leaving you?”

Jongin’s gaze shifted somewhere else while he muttered something to himself.

“Eat up,” he said, sitting next to his husband.

 


Jongin was in the phone again, reasoning out why he doesn’t need the said training.

Kyungsoo couldn’t understand why his husband kept on rejecting the offer. It was for his own good so why would he reject it?

When the call finally ended, he watched his husband slump down on the couch and tossed the phone on the other couch. He sat down next to the tanned male to sooth the uneasiness away with a rub on the shoulder.

“I don’t know what training it is all about but I think it’s for your own good. It’s perfectly fine with me if you don’t want it but it’s an opportunity for you,” he said, earning a huff from his husband.

“It’s not mandatory.”

“But Chanyeol’s right. You can’t just lie around here and waste your time. I won’t be home longer than I spend my time here at night so what about you?”

“I don’t know.”

“Take it.”

Jongin gave him an unsure look but the male nodded anyway.

 


Jongin likes it when Kyungsoo touches him – innocently – and kisses his forehead to comfort him. He doesn’t question why he feels too comfortable around the man but just enjoys it every time.

Those moments always make him think about trying to get serious with Kyungsoo though money still concerns him. But Kyungsoo is gentle. He likes everything about him.

There’s n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter