Chapter 1

Perfect Luck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What?”

“That’s all I’m asking of you, Jongin. It’s my responsibility to get you settled before I hand over this business.”

“But gramps, I—,” a beep was heard on the phone, signaling that the call was ended. Jongin stared at his phone in horror. “What the just happened?”

“Yeah,” Chanyeol snickered, imitating the tanned male. “What the just happened?”

Sehun nudged their taller friend to shut up, reading a very serious situation on hand, but the mocking smile didn’t help at all.

Jongin looked up, ignoring his friends’ pitiful yet not so sorry looks. “He closed all my accounts and he wants me to find a wife, slash, husband or else I won’t get anything! That’s what the just happened!”

If friends help you when you’re in trouble, best friends laugh at you first before doing so or maybe sometimes, not at all. Jongin thought his best friends had proven it, seeing the other two laughing and whispering to themselves, voices drowned under the loud music.

“So, what now, dude?” Sehun asked.

“I don’t know. I don’t have any money too and we just graduated for ’s sake! We don’t have a job!”

Sehun gasped and snapped his fingers. “Luhan mentioned the other night that they’re looking for a waiter!”

Jongin scoffed in disbelief. “Me, a waiter? You’re kidding me, right?”

“Dude, it’s just temporary. Everyone knows you didn’t study to be a waiter! It’s better than living in poverty.”

“Ah,” it was Chanyeol’s turn to snap his fingers, “you just have to go and find someone to be your wife, get married and voila, you have your accounts back!”

“Ugh, whatever, guys. I’ll go home,” Jongin said, turning to walk away but then stopped abruptly. “He turned his head back to his friends who looked back at him with curiosity. “Can I borrow a card or cash?”

Sehun and Chanyeol exchanged glances and broke into chuckles before the taller male took his wallet from his pocket and handed the poor male, literally for the meantime, his card. “I received an impressive amount of money from my relatives for my graduation so you can have it for a while.”

“Thanks,” Jongin muttered, snatching the card.

“That would be fifty percent interest for you, dude,” Sehun joked but he just received a groan from the tanned male. “Good luck, my friend!”

 

--

 

Getting out of the cab, Jongin sighed at how he regretted not bringing his car with him. He could have saved money if he did than paying an expensive fare in the cab.

I just have to bear with Chanyeol’s account for now.

Crossing the dark lawn, he felt scared for a second, not expecting his house could be that gloomy after dismissing his house workers. Stepping into the front porch, he surprisingly made out a human body lying on the wooden floor.

Jongin froze. Oh, holy ! A dead body! Someone murdered somebody outside my house! The police are going to get me and file me a criminal record and gramps would never give me my money back—!

His phone rang loudly from his pocket, the sound echoing through the night.

Park DumbYeol, the contact name read. How mature.

Without letting the caller speak, Jongin started. “Chanyeol! There’s a dead man in my house! You have to call the police now!”

“Dude, you’re drunk,” Sehun said from the other line.

“I’m serious!”

“How can you say he’s dead?”

“He’s not moving?”

“Maybe he’s just another drunk guy who passed out.”

Oh. “Wait.” Extending his leg, Jongin tried to nudge the stranger’s leg with his foot.

A soft whimper came, making Jongin freeze again.

“Wait, he’s alive! And man, he’s wearing a dress or something. He’s probably really drunk. I’ll call you back.” Jongin ended the call immediately.

Taking a few steps away, Jongin reached out to the door with his key and searched for the light switch for his front porch. When the lights came to life, he peeked out the door again and almost choked at the sight.

A man around his age, pale, and wearing a hospital gown. Shifting his eyes up to the man’s face, Jongin noticed the bandage on the head and a few cuts on the cheek.

Only one thing was for sure. That stranger ran away from the hospital.

Dialing Chanyeol’s number again, Jongin asked the other two to come over.

 

--

 

The stranger, Do Kyungsoo as the name said on the patient’s tag around the wrist, was unconscious even the next morning. Chanyeol brought the said man up to Jongin’s guest room and stayed the night over with Sehun to watch over the stranger.

Who knows, maybe that man was a criminal and might wake up and kill them in their sleep.

“He looks too fragile to be a killer,” Chanyeol argued.

“Looks can be deceiving, you know,” Jongin said.

“What are we going to do when he wakes up?” Sehun butted in, opening a can of cola.

“He’s married too. Did you see the ring?” Chanyeol informed and inquires, earning nods from the others.

“Tell him to go home, of course,” the tanned male groaned. “I’ll go up and check him out.”

Chanyeol stood up first and headed to the kitchen. “I’ll prepare something to eat. I’ve had enough of instant and fast foods.”

Jongin heard Sehun agree as he stood up and walked up the stairs to the guest room. He opened

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter