Change

Searching Colourless Rainbow

                Keito really curious about Karina after watch her for a while. For him, that girl just too mysterious even she always show her arrogant side to everyone. He decide to ask about Karina from school’s management but the reply he gets, “Kuzuryu Karina attend Kaku Middle School before enrol here.”

                He goes to that school and ask information about Karina. A teacher with stern expression get near him before says, “Let’s talk about this at other place. This is not suit to talk about it.”

                Both of them walk to nearby café that give uneasy feeling to Keito especially when he watch that sensei make phone call to someone. They order drinks after choose table that hidden from everyone. That sensei introduce himself as Kondo and says, “I want to know why you really curious over someone like her? If your reason is acceptable, I will tell everything that you want to know.”

                “She’s working at mansion that I live along with my cousins as matron but her attitude really annoy us. We kind of hate her but I really curious what happen to her until she become someone like that.” Say Keito.

                Kondo take out a picture where picture of him with a woman and a little girl that resemble Karina. He says, “She is like our daughter as she had become my wife’s student during she’s in grade school. When she’s under my care in the school, she already change into what you see nowadays. She became distrust towards everyone around her and always stay in dark. We already try many things to let her socialize with people around her but she always know how to avoid. I had several talks with her to know why she’s acting like that but nothing escape from . She stay silent about that matter from start until the end. She never show any of her emotion except hatred towards everyone.”

                “She’s become like that after losing many people that she loved.” A woman that has same face with the picture interrupt their conversation. She introduce herself, “I’m his wife, Mina.”

                “What kind of girl she is before this?” ask Keito.

                “Only one words to describe it; light. Even she is shy towards people, her smile never fade out. Everyone really admire her because she still can smile when something bad happen. I really hope she could stay with that personality until she’s grown-up and the possibility to become true until she lose them. Everything happen just too fast that make she become other person. When there are someone who in tears, her old self always the one that offer shoulder but her current self… act like nothing happen around her.” Say Mina.

                “It really hurt to watch her like that.” Say Kondo.

                Mina let out sigh, “I fully understand how to say she’s arrogant towards everyone but she only did that to cover-up the fact that she’s really hurt at that moment.”

**********************

                Sayori relaxes herself in Hikaru’s room, watching some latest movie on TV. After finish watching, she turns to Hikaru who seem make sketch on paper and asks, “Ne, how Karina-san react when come to this mansion?”

                “Why you really want to know?” ask Hikaru with slight hint of cold in his voice. He clearly really hate to touch about anything that concern of that girl.

                Sayori gasps, “Nothing, I just curious about it.”

                Hikaru put down pencil that he uses to make the sketch before relax on the chair. He says, “She came here… in such a weird way. One night… last year, all of us watch soccer game at living room and it’s raining heavily at outside. She appear with Minato-san while wearing boys’ clothes that totally cover-up her face. At first, we thought Minato-san’s cousin but it turn out her. She locked herself inside her room for a week before come out and said she will control everything in mansion.”

                “Wow! It sound like she really like to be in control.” Comment Sayori.

                Hikaru remember something, “Ne, do you receive any death threat recently?”

                “Death threat?” she tries to remember before says, “No! I think the other girls don’t get death threat too.”

                “If anything happen to any of you girls, make sure let us the guys knows about it. You girls’ safety is our responsibility.” Say Hikaru.

                Sayori kind of surprise to witness Hikaru being serious with her. She could only say, “Wakatta! I will tell you if anything happen to us.”

                Hikaru’s serious face expression turn soft and he suddenly jump off from the chair to hug Sayori. She really surprise with it and manage to shove him off before scold, “Act mature!”

********************

                Keito arrive in front of a big elegant English house and keep check if the address that he gets from the couple. He remember Kondo says, “This is where her mom live and maybe you can know more about her.”

                He could see a lady who in 50th, enjoy herself play with kids while gardening. He grab her attention by politely greet her, “Konichiwa.”

                “Konichiwa, Keito-kun. I never know you would come here.” Say the lady who seem recognize him without he get chance to introduce himself.

                He asks, “How you could recognize me?” He doesn’t have any memory of lady in front of him.

                The lady tells the kids, “Let’s get inside and clean up yourself while I prepare nice drink for all of you.” The kids agree with her and run into the house while laughing. She just invite him to get into the house and ask help from him to prepare drinks and snacks for them.

                The lady says, “You can call me as Mrs. Kuzuryu and I know you’re son of Kenichi-kun and Nishi-chan. I always hear about you from Nishi-chan.”

                “If like that, you must know why I’m here.” Say Keito.

                “I’m sure it about that girl. She never come here to visit me since she leave this house. She always make people worry and never care about it. Even I’m as her mom, there are nothing that I could do for her. I really hope she would return back to her old self who is really naïve and sweet.” Say Mrs. Kuzuryu.

                “You know she is Kuzuryu Senzaki’s sole granddaughter?” ask Keito.

                Mrs. Kuzuryu serve drinks on tray where the kids could reach it, “Yeah, more than know. My late husband and I already predict oto-sama would have interest with her. I know she change into someone that you see today because she witness how my husband, her best friend, her first friend and her twin died in front of her eyes. Those tragedies just too cruel for her to witness it, especially when she just a little girl.”

                Keito notice a picture on cabinet that show Karina with a boy. He surprise to see it as he knows really well who that boy, his best friend. He decide to ask, “Is this boy named Min-kun?”

                “Yeah, he is Karina’s first friend but that boy already died. How you know about it?” ask Mrs. Kuzuryu. Keito really surprise to hear it as he never think something like that actually connect him with Karina.

*********************

                Riye really annoy to see Karina still show herself in front of her, even after she decline her offer to work at that mansion. She asks, “What do you want? I want to let you know that I won’t accept any of your offer.”

                “I’m here not for that. I just want someone to accompany me to get into a café.” Say Karina. Riye just follow Karina to the café that girl mention without can say anything.

                Karina walk happily to get into the café while Riye just walk behind her. A waiter show table for them before give menu, “Please push the button when you’re ready to order.”

                Karina happily browse over the menu and it really look like little girl that make Riye really confuse. She has contact with some of the girls that work at the house and know the guys’ impression on that girl; arrogant, never care about other’s opinion, and other negative things. She thinks that girl in front of her is just like other person who doesn’t fill like what she hear from.

                Karina push the waiter’s button and one of waiters come to their table, “Can I take order?”

                “Yeah, I want cheese omelettes and… lemonade.” Say Karina happily. Riye just choose something that simple to eat before wait for Karina to open to say something.

                Only Karina who seem really enjoy her meal while Riye seem worry over something. After Karina finish her meal, she notice Riye haven’t finish her meal yet. She take menu to choose dessert but manage to say, “Just eat your food as I will tell you later.”

                They finish their meal before Karina push a file towards Riye before says, “I want you to keep this document for me. No one would know you have hold of this thing.”

                “Why me?” ask Riye.

                “I can’t ask anyone from the mansion to hold this as they will tell the boys for sure when I want this to keep hidden for a while.” Say Karina. She also put envelope in front of Riye, “This is for you if you willing to take this job.”

                “If I expose what in this envelope to everyone, what would you do?” Riye ask for possibility.

                Karina smirk before says, “You will have to face tons of questions from the reporter by yourself as none of us will help you. Would you be okay to face their wrath alone?” that give Riye no choice other than to keep that matter in darkness until the time come.

****************

                Yuki spends her time in the mansion’s library with Yuri, reading books there. Both of them begin spend time together because they share same interest towards book and Yuri always want some company when he knows he can’t disturb other cousins at that moment. Yuki decide to ask, “Ne, if Karina-san really leave you and your cousins, would you be happy?”

                “Of course I would be happy.” Yuri reply instantly. He wonder about something, “Why you say something like that?”

                “No, it just…” Yuki doesn’t know if she should say it or not, “…she has been lock herself in the room and we notice she always leave the house with boxes.”

                “If she really leave this mansion, we would make big celebration for it. Each of us really want that happen.” Say Yuri. The atmosphere turn into long silent as the topic died.

                Suddenly, Yuto dashes into the room and says, “We need to get ready to go out. We just get phone call that say… oji-sama’s condition become worse.”

*********************

                Karina really surprise when Minato come to fetch her up when she relax herself at a park. When hear what happen from Minato, she says, “I don’t want to go there.”

                “You have to be there since you’re his sole granddaughter.” Say Minato.

                Karina only reply, “I don’t care!”

                “Do you really want him to die?” ask Minato when sense it.

                “If that old man doesn’t interrupt our lives, I won’t make that wish.” Say Karina while cross her hands to her body and pushes her body towards the bench. She says, “Please, keep me out from this. I don’t want to get involve with them anymore.”

                Minato could see that girl’s face show obvious sadness. He confuse at that moment as Karina that he knows is totally different from usual. He surrender with her decision and says, “Me or Washio will inform you if news.”

                “Thanks.” Karina give short answer before she stands up from the bench and walk away.

                Minato manage to ask, “Where are you going?”

                Karina stops her step and answer without turn her back, “Somewhere that I can relax myself without any distraction since what happen after this, doesn’t concern of me anymore.”

                Minato goes to hospital where everyone in chaos as Senzaki’s condition become serious. It turn out that famous president neglect his health check and he has chronic diseases. He sense Karina already know about that as her reaction seem really in ease. He walks into the room to see the boys already there but they see confuse on that moment.