Unravel

Searching Colourless Rainbow

                Karina seem can’t sleep that night that make her stay awake all-night. She make reading on something while her hand keep stirring spoon in the mug. Since she can’t really drink coffee, she just prepare bitter tea to keep her awake. She make doodle at another paper that seem plan for the dinner where on how she could run away from it. She never want to disclose her secret that she already keep for ages.

                “Ah! I can’t do anything to avoid it! What should I do now?” Karina totally dumbstruck on what she should do. She mess-up her hair to rid-off her thinking to figure out new solutions.

                Suddenly, someone knock the wall in harsh manner to get her attention that cause her jump a bit. She turn to see who it is and it turn out, “Koizumi Ai-san…”

                “Just call me with Ai. It is easier.” Say Ai.

                Karina gently asks, “Why you still awake? There would be hard day tomorrow as you will begin your work.”

                “Oh!” Ai searches for excuses, “I just need some drink before go to sleep but it seem I lost a bit before reach kitchen.”

                “I can understand that since this mansion way too big. I still get lost when come to place that I not always go. Maybe you need to use Navi when walk around here.” Say Karina. She notice Ai wonders where glass is and tell Ai, “How about you take your seat while I prepare drink for you? What you want to drink?”

                “Just plain water.” Reply Ai. Karina pour drink to glass before serve it to her, “Karina-san, why you work here?”

                “Just for fun and I don’t have to spend money on school’s tuition fee.” Say Karina.

Both of them chat for a while before Ai realize something, “Gomen for disturb you who seem busy on something.”

                Karina take a look on what she has been working, “Oh! This is only unnecessary work on how to escape from something. If I forget to tell the girls, could you tell them that this weekend is their off day?”

                Ai wonder, “Why?”

                “The boys will have dinner on that day and it seem that old man doesn’t want anyone else to interrupt the dinner. It only left 3 days before the dinner and it would be really busy for me to arrange everything.” Say Karina.

*********************

                The boys know about the dinner during they get ready to leave the house for their daily business and begin worry. Keito ask Kota, “What we should do for it?”

                Kota thinks for a while before says, “We don’t have other choice. We could only attend the dinner as I’m sure oji-sama want to tell us something since it almost 2 years we live in this mansion.”

                “I already plan to meet my mama on weekend and it seem I have to postpone it.” Say Keito. He plans to celebrate his mom’s birthday that make him become angry before abruptly dashes outside the mansion.

                It seem his target is Karina who seem get ready to go school. He clutches her hand firmly that make Karina hiss in pain before he asks, “What you have done? You arrange dinner with oji-sama this weekend on purpose, right? Right when my mom’s birthday.”

                Karina really surprise to hear it, “Itai! Like I know you mom’s birthday and I just follow what Master want!” She shakes off Keito’s grasp from her hand before says, “Ah, this would be bruise! It really hurt!”

                “Serve you right!” mock Keito.

                Karina just get on her bicycle as attempt to run away from that young master. She wonder why that guy hate her so much when he really nice towards other people. She realize why she’s thinking, “What am I thinking? I hate him and will always hate him.”

                She goes to school and act like nothing happen. She already cover her bruise with wristband but it not a big deal as no one would care of it. She manage to focus on lesson, even she actually worry over something.

                While on the way to meet her sensei that suddenly summon her, she almost bump into Ai who greet her, “Karina-san, it is surprise to see you here. I never know you also attend this school.”

                “Maa… I attend this school for free and for sure, those boys really hate me until don’t want anyone else know about it.” Say Karina. She want to talk more with her but suddenly, a shout startled everyone there, “KUZURYU KARINA! IT’S NOT TIME FOR YOU LOITERING AROUND WHEN YOU ALREADY AGREE TO MEET ME!”

                “Yabai!” Karina quickly apologizes to Ai before leave her. Ai only watches her back that make she thinks, “She is not that bad like what Yuto-kun used to tell me.”

                Yuto notice Ai spacing out at the hallway and asks, “Why you still here? I thought you told me that you want to go library to return book.”

                “Ah! I almost forget about that.” Ai tries to cover her meeting with Karina.

                Yuto pats her head gently while chuckles, “You should alert with your surroundings as I don’t want any harm happen to you even from my own oji-sama.”

*********************

                “Hey! Are you sure we have to do this?” Ryosuke feels worry when Daiki tell him about his plan to prank their arrogant matron.

                Daiki pour pineapple extract into drinking bottle that Karina always used for her drink and says, “Of course, I already plan to go out for movie with Vina-chan this weekend but that dinner suddenly come out.”

                “What are both of you doing?” Hikaru really surprise both of the boys who sneakily doing something. It just lucky that other girls not in that mansion as some of them go to school while for those who don’t have anything, decide to go for tour in that mansion.

                Ryosuke already lose his voice to speak and Daiki says, “It just light prank for her. Nothing serious about it.”

                Hikaru just let it go and leave the kitchen, like nothing happen. He get into his room and notice picture of a guy with some handwriting behind the photo as he flips it, he say in tiny voice, “KJ… papa, it seem everything really confusing. Who know what that old man would do after this? Will he announce his ‘sole’ granddaughter who is also your daughter?”

                Kei get into the room after light knock and notice Hikaru’s action, “You still thinking about that matter? Why you really want to meet his daughter? It not that both of you are related by blood.”

                “I just want to protect that girl from oji-sama’s cruel way. Who know what will happen if he notice her?” says Hikaru. He only know that person that he knows has a daughter but no clue about it.

                They begin disturb by a knock to show it is Sayori and she’s holding suit in her hands. She says, “Gomen for disturbing both of you.”

                Hikaru jump out from the chair to get near her before says, “You don’t have to do that for me. I can take it by myself.”

                “It’s okay since I still have to do work here. It would be better as we just hear rumour that they will be one of us will get fired. It just our first day working here.” Say Sayori. Hikaru already take his clothes before hang it at a clothes rack.

                Kei remember something, “Ah! I remember something. I heard Karina suddenly shout to someone that ask that person to get back into room and stop stalking. She sound really fierce on that time.”

                “You could remember that?” ask Hikaru.

                “Oh! I just happen to hear it as I just awake and it is 5.30 AM.” Say Kei.

                Sayori give her opinion, “I wonder who it is as our rooms really far from this section. All the girls stay at Haru Section.”

                “Haru Section? That quite far from here as you have to… no wonder that girl realize it because her room located at barrier of Haru Section.” Say Hikaru. That mansion has several section that has their own use based on situation. Haru Section is especially for girls as it has facilities that special for girls and decorated with things that give feminine vibes while the boys stay at Elite Section that has elegant vibes. Both section is like at the end of building.

**********************

                It seem prank that Daiki and Ryosuke made for Karina has not given any result until the day of the dinner. Karina just happen feel thirsty after finish tidy-up things in her room. She could smell delicious bakery when step into the kitchen, “Wow, something smell really nice~!”

                “I just finish bake some cookies. Serve yourself.” Say Mayuri.

                Heza praise, “Your cookies really great!”

                Yuki serve drink for Karina and she just happily take sip before her body feel uneasy. She hold her head before says, “It seem I really need some sleep. Please inform me if anything happen.”

                She walk towards staircase while holding the mug to make sure none of them realize about her condition. She knows there is someone who put pineapple in her drink which she really allergic to it. She really hope she could reach her room as she keeps her medicine in her room but on the way to her room, she bump into Keito who seem annoy just to see her, “What are you doing here?”

                “I also live in this building.” Karina really want to argue with him but her condition at that moment not let that happen. She could only say, “Please… leave me alone right now…”

                Keito really surprise how weak is Karina in his eyes at that moment. It is her first time to see her very pale face and it turn chaos when her body get contact with ground. He checks her pulse to know she’s still alive and in reflex, he lift her up to bring her into her room before make phone call to their family doctor.

                He wonder why he react like that towards her when he really hate her more than anyone else. He notice a necklace at Karina’s neck and curious as he never knows that girl wear necklace before surprise to see it is has ring that familiar to him.

                The doctor tells him, “She only need enough rest as I already give injection to her and please tell her to be more careful as her allergic become worse.”

                “Allergic?” Keito first time hear about it.

                The doctor says, “She has allergic towards pineapple.”

                Even after the doctor leaves the room, he still beside her bed as he seem confuse on what happen around him. He remember that day when he gives a ring to a girl who always play with him at a park with a promise. He only leaves the room when notice he has to get ready for the dinner. He bump into one of the girls, Yuki and decide to tell her, “Could you help me to make sure Karina get enough rest? She seem really tired.” Yuki just obey his words without any second thoughts.

***********

                It seem the boys’ dinner with Senzaki will not going well because absence of someone. He asks, “Where is that girl? She should here with us.”

                The boys confuse on what happen that make Senzaki more furious, “Where is Kuzuryu Karina?”

                Keito reply, “She’s not feeling well as something happen today.”

                “She should be here.” Senzaki lose his patient.

                “Why would she should be here? She has no relation with any of us.” Say Kota.

                Senzaki want to shout something but his PA quickly put that old man to calm down before tell something that surprise everyone, “Kuzuryu Karina-sama is Kuzuryu Senzaki-sama’s sole granddaughter.”