Fallen Egoist

Searching Colourless Rainbow

                Kota carefully walk towards a house while holding a paper bag with mixed feelings inside him. He afraid if that girl throw rage to him again as soon he meets her. He knows everything happen because of him and he tries his best to fix it but she keep push him away.

                The girl that he want to meet seem at the garden, tending rose plants with gentle smile at her face but it turn into disgusted face as soon she notice him nearby her. She take off her gardening gloves before asks in cold tone, “What are you doing? Did I stated in clear voice that I don’t want to see your face anymore?”

                “Riye-chan, I already promise with your sister…” Kota can’t finish his words when the girl being call as Riye cut-in, “Don’t use that fake promise as excuse as I don’t care about it anymore. You kill my sister!”

                “I will take the blame but you should let me to do my responsibility towards you. I want to make sure you survive.” Kota tries really hard.

                Riye open her hands to show her surroundings, “The only responsibility that you can do is go away from my life as I don’t think I need your concern about how I’m going to survive in my life.”

                “Riye-chan, I want to make sure you’re okay. I even search a good work with great pay for you. So, you don’t have to work at that crappy place with too little pay.” Say Kota. He knows that girl won’t accept any money from him that make him come out with that idea.

                Riye seem could guess his plan, “If you’re thinking to make me work at place that you’re staying, you better come out with better plan.”

                “How you could guess about that?” Kota only reveal it by himself.

                “You’re really easy to predict and that easy aspect of you that killed my sister! She really believe you with all her might but you just betray her because scared of that guy! No matter what you’re doing, my sister won’t come back to life! Someone like you won’t understand how hurt to be alone after lose everything!” shout Riye in rage. For her, her sister is the only family member left after lose their parent in accident. That make Kota really speechless on what he should response.

*****************

                Kei just finish his meeting with client for new project and take a look at his watch to see he still has time to make stop at a place. He really want to make the person that he will meet to join their plan but he want make her away from the problem. He get into a library and notice someone at counter that make him says, “As usual, you really love books until didn’t realize I’m here.”

                “Inoo-kun…” the girl surprise to see him, “…I just found this great book and really want to finish read this.” The girl carefully put down the book on the table before stand up.

                Kei smiles as he knows how big that girl’s love towards books. The girl realize something after look at the time, “You should still working right now, right? It still early to off.”

                “Oh, I just had meeting around here and know I should come here since it almost lunch time. Let’s eat at usual place today, Shiro-chan.” Say Kei. He knows Shiro as he always go to library that girl works since he attended university as that is the only place where he could focus.

                Shiro says, “Give me time as I can’t just left this place without anyone take over the counter.”

                Kei knows it will take a while for that and says, “Inform me when you’re finish. Maybe I will search for any book that grab my interest for time being. I really miss this place.”

                Shiro blush when hear that but luckily that Kei doesn’t notice her face as he already walk to search for books. She quickly check around her to search other librarian that willing to take over her place for a while, “Ne, could you help me to take care of my place while I’m gone? I promise that I will return as soon as possible.”

                “No problem, just enjoy your meal as I just plan to skip classes today which mean I get more time to be here.” Say a girl who sit not far from her.

                “Thank you so much, Kuzuryu-san. You always around when I need help.” Say Shiro.

                That girl that actually is Karina throw her innocent smile, “I just do what I want but don’t tell anyone I’m here. I really need some peaceful moment here until they really need something proper from librarian.”

                Shiro takes her handbag and walk towards Kei to tell him that she’s ready. Both of them walk towards nearby café to take their lunch since She still need to return back to library after that. Shiro asks, “How’s your work there? Your granddad’s company.”

                “Maybe I can it is okay since it gradually become bad to work there. People scared of me because I’m Kuzuryu Senzaki’s grandson and only dare to bad-mouth at behind.” Say Kei as he wipes his mouth with napkin.

                Shiro curious and asks, “Why your family really complicated? I thought your granddad will choose one of you to become his heir.”

                “He is greedy person who always thirst for achievement and money. The reason why he didn’t choose any of his children is he only has 1 son and 8 daughter, plus one adoptive son. Ever since his children small, he never spoil them with money; only cruel words. All of us who is grandchildren never like him at first place.” Say Kei.

                “Wow! Your story almost like plot of a novel.” Shiro accidentally say it out.

                Kei surprise a bit to hear it but manage to stay cool and says, “In novel, we could see the development towards ending but in our case, ending seem too far to recognize.”

                “Your choice of words always excellent as usual.” Say Sayori.

                “Maa… that will happen when you read too much book but it still early for you since you always read light novels.” Chuckles Kei.

                Shiro quickly fixes that, “No, I’m not!” Both of them laugh a bit while talking and enjoy their lunch without realize someone stalk them.

********************

                Yuki really surprise when she reach at the mansion where she will begin work because she notice pictures of Yuri at living room. The caretaker, Minato gains her attention, “I hope you’re ready to work here since our young masters is not really easy to handle them.”

                Yuri get downstairs and notice her, “Yuki-chan, you’re here! Are you ready for your first work?”

                She really surprise to know that boy know her as she always hide herself when at school. She just happen to know him because he is really popular at school. She seem can’t believe that she actually work there. She just happen want to work there as she has something that she want to buy but don’t want to ask money from her parent.

                Minato interrupt them, “According to what we already agree, she will begin work after Karina decide what kind of task for them to do.”

                Yuri surprise to hear it, “I never know about that matter. It should us who control them as they work for us.”

                “I afraid you can’t do that, young master. The girls will work under her and she will be the one that give order.” Say Minato. Even he is caretaker of the boys, Karina control that matter as it out from his responsibility.

                Yuki could sense the atmosphere become awkward that make her says, “I’m okay to do any work by now.”

                “I’m just joking… you will begin your first work soon.” Yuri tells Yuki. He turns to Minato to tell him, “I’m going out to meet-up with my dad. Don’t tell that girl about it or she will make fuss over it again.”

                Yuki watches that boy leave the place before hear Minato says, “Let me show your room, so you could get rest before begin your work here. It supposedly Kuzuryu’s task to welcome you and other girls but she’s not around. Maybe she still busy at school as I can’t get through her today.”

                Yuki really surprise when her room really big even being share with another girl. The girl introduce herself as Ai, “Nice to meet you, Koizumi-san.”

                “Just call me with Ai since we will work together. Have you meet other girls?” Ai ask her and Yuki reply with shake of her head that make her says, “Don’t worry as we will meet them soon.”

************************

                Hikaru already agree to fetch someone to bring her to the mansion as he really worry to let her go by her own but him accidentally late. He drive his car quickly to meeting place when his mind already predict that girl would be really angry towards him.

                As soon he reach there, the person that wait for him scold, “You’re late!”

                “I’m sorry! It just…” Hikaru tries to figure out correct words for it, “…I’m searching nice present for you but I can’t find anything suit you.”

                “And you know I would not believe that easily.” Say the girl.

                “Sayori-chan, I’m really sorry because of late as I… accidentally fall asleep after finish write my report.” Say Hikaru.

                The girl name Sayori know she make right guess, “I know it! You always like that every time which mean EVERY TIME you make promise with me. It just lucky that I manage to end my part-time job early. If I get scold by my boss when we reach there, it is your fault.”

                “You’re working for me but there are some girl who will control you. I could only hope she’s not thinking to bully you as I don’t want anything happen to my childhood friend.” Say Hikaru. Both of them get into the car and move on to their next destination.

                Sayori says, “Wah, it seem hard to believe that you have such a rich granddad.”

                “I’m really happy to hear it as he has been ignore me and other cousins for years before suddenly appear to take us away from our family. It really hard to separate with your family and hardly could meet them only without my granddad’s knowledge.” Say Hikaru.

                “Why your granddad acts like that?” ask Sayori but Hikaru doesn’t give any response to it. It’s not that he doesn’t want to say anything it, he knows nothing about that matter. Even Senzaki really oppose when know he close with someone that he called as papa and cause his death.

********************

                Karina only reach home when the sky already dark and notice Minato seem already wait for her, “Minato-san, you still here?”

                “Yeah, I’m waiting for you as we still have things that need to be discuss and you should aware your position, Kuzuryu-san!” Minato sound really angry to see her arrive home late.

                Karina surprise to see Minato in serious mode but she know what actually happen, “That old man know about this and really angry. He must say, ‘Fire those girls right away! Those boys don’t need it!’ right?” she watches that guy’s surprise expression, “I always hit the target. You only serious with me when come to matter that from that old man.”

                “You should worry about that.” Say Minato who clearly worry about that matter.

                “I already manage everything. That’s why I arrive late just now, it really hard to convince him.” Say Karina.

                Minato knows something that really hidden from everyone, “Why you keep doing this? You shouldn’t work as the boys’ matron when you’re better than that.”

                “Don’t you think it is fun to do it?” Karina asks with sparkle emit from her eyes.

                That kind of eye attack surprise Minato a bit before he could asks, “You do it just for fun?”

                “Mochirou YO!” Karina emphasizes the ‘yo’ part before says, “You should get rest as I still need to ask help from you to explain everything to the girls tomorrow.”

                “About that matter, I already done it as I can’t get hold of you all day. You should switch on your phone.” Say Minato.

                “I want to switch on but my phone’s battery flat today. I will do it tomorrow.” Reply Karina. She take a look at clock on the wall before says, “It seem you will spend night here, right. You are welcome to stay here.”

                “I know about that but you should remember about your position.” Say Minato.

                “Mou~! You worry too much about it!” Karina scold him playfully. She leaves him alone and bow politely but her mind still thinking about her meeting with Senzaki.

Flashback~~

                “Arrange dinner with my grandsons this weekend and I don’t want to hear any objection from it.” Say Senzaki.

                “But they…” Senzaki doesn’t give chance for her to say anything, “I SAID I don’t want to hear any objection and you should join the dinner. Those girls who work as matron along with you, ask them to go anywhere, as long none of them disturb the dinner.”

                “I have no rights to join the dinner.” Karina really want to avoid the dinner with that old man.

                Senzaki say in tense tone, “You have to join the dinner as you’re…”

~*~*~*~*~

Until here~~

Thanks for read it and titles for every chapters for this fic will come from song’s title. That want I use to listen while type it XD