The Dance Practice~ Yuri

Its a love story baby just say yes ~

 

Hey everybody! I'm so so so sorry for not updating in such a long time. I was having a major case of writer's block and I was seriously considering about not writing this fanfic anymore. BUT! Yesterday, I suddenly had inspiration and so I wrote this chapter. I hope you guys will still read this story, I am terribly sorry, and I will try to update more often. Thank you for reading! :) I hope you like it~~ ^^ 

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Yuri POV 

I made my way into the studio, and dropped my bag onto the floor, before hurrying over to the rest of the SNSD members. Looks like I’m not the last to come, whew.

Our dance instructor, Miss Rooshce, walked in gave a clap of her hands and everyone gathered around her. As she talked, I looked around me and realized that only 7 of us were here. Yoona isn’t here, as she is in drama practice and … Jessica.? That’s strange.

“- Ok so now you will split into our different pairs and work with each other with the pointers on the paper that I’m handing out to each of you. Get started!” Miss Rooshce said as she dismissed us.

“Um.. M-miss Rooshce! “ I said tentatively as I hurried over, “I don’t think my partner, Jessica-shi, is here today…” I trailed off, hoping that she will assign me to someone else.

“Oh, okay, that will be quite a problem… Hmm, ok why don’t you join Hyoyeon and-“ Miss Rooshce began to say.

“I’M SO SORRY I’M LATE!” A streak of gold hair burst into the room, “I was held up at vocal practice just now, I’m so sorry.” That girl gave a deep bow before standing back up, her hair messy and she looked like she just ran all the way here, I realized that it was Jessica.

“Ah! Jessica-shi! Alright Yuri-shi, your partner is here, now get started!” Miss Rooshce said as she walked off, handing me the paper that listed our ‘problem areas’.  Oh well.

Jessica glanced over at me, still panting, but her eyes were… icy. “Thank you miss Rooshce.” She said as she heaved a sigh and walked over to put down her back.

I went over and stood around rather awkwardly as she grabbed a rubber band and pulled her hair up into a ponytail. Though she is really a not so nice person, I have to admit that her hair is nicer than her…

“Okay. Give me that.” Jessica said as she pulled the paper out my hand and walked over to the bar, stretching as she studied the paper. I followed along.

“You. Memory of steps. Facial expressions. Me. Body wave. Energy.” Jessica said in a short, clipped voice. I realized that her mood seemed to get darker as she mentioned the body wave part… Okay…

She tossed the paper onto the floor and turned to me. “Why can’t you remember your steps?” She asked bluntly. Erm… because I just forget? “I-I keep forgetting.” I mentally kicked myself when I stammered, don’t make yourself seem weak Yul!

“Wow, genius answer.” She mumbled as she stared at me, “Dance.” She commanded.

“What?” I asked, confused. She ignored my question as she drank some water and turned back to look at me expectantly.

Confused and a little intimidated, I started to do my normal routine. Right arm spin turn, body wave up down, one two three four, umm, I stumbled by accidently as I paused to think, oh! Up twist roll turn, um… left right spin down. “Ok…” I said, unsure.

“Link them together, stop pausing.” She said, in a tone that implied that I was wasting her time. Well ok then!

“The-then how can I remember?” Though I thought so bravely, I certainly wasn’t so.

“You THINK, then DANCE.” She said icily. Her eyes boring holes into mine, before she turned away and started clapping with her hand. “Five, Six, Seven, Eight”

“Right arm spin turn, body wave up down, one two three four,Up twist roll turn, left right spin down. “ She said as she did it effortlessly, Woah… That was amazing…“Your turn. Stop stopping!”

“Eh?!” I started.

“Five! Six! Seven! Eight!” Jessica ignored me once again, and started clapping her hands. I went through the routine again, this time only pausing slightly once, I think I did quite well…

“Why can’t you remember? Do you even use your brain when you dance? OH gosh…” Jessica exclaimed in frustration, running her hand over her hair, and exhaled in a huff. Suddenly she bent down and picked up her bag and pushed past me.

Huh? Class isn’t even-  There was a sudden sound of a clap and I turned around to see Miss Rooshce standing in the middle of the dance studio. “Okay girls! Good job. I want you to go back and practice all the parts where you were corrected. Tomorrow we will continue with this pair work, ok, dimiss!”

Oh great… just SO great. I went over to the side of the studio and picked up my bag, everyone was starting to clear the room as fitness class was next.

As I walked out of the studio, I realized that everyone was happily chatting with each other and leaving together. I seem like an odd one out… I sighed and continued on my way out.

“Yuri-shi!” A voice called out.

I turned around and saw Taeyeon-unnie coming over. “ Tonight we’re going over to that seafood restaurant down the street from SM Entertainment to eat dinner together. A few other groups will be coming along too, would you like to join us?”

“Eh? Er- sure! But what should I wear? “ I stammered out.

“Casual wear, but not shorts and slippers or anything like that. So you are coming? It’s at 7pm” Taeyeon said in excitement.

“Yeah! Thank you for inviting me” I said, with a growing nervousness in my stomach, “See you there!”

I gave a wave as we walked off to different directions. What am I going to wear? Oh gosh, and it’ll be so awkward… Haiz