Coffee with the Target

deleted. [ue]

Sehun didn't know how, but he convinced his boss to let him go for another day. However, he wasn't released without a stern talking. Most of it was about how he had responsibilites that couldn't be put off and was crucial for him to successfully fufill his duty in order to protect many innocent citizens. Then he went into greater detail about how the job Sehun was supposed to carry out was one of the most important of them all. After the lecture, his boss had then hooked him up to the informatoin center to load more information onto his memory card so Sehun could understand who he was supposed to eliminate and why he was being pressed.

While recieving information, many photographs of his target was uploaded to his memory; many photographs of Luhan. The dates ranged from when the target was a baby up until he was in high school. Then he gained information on Luhan's family background. It turned out, the angel he had met two days earlier was the son of a gigantic, underground mafia boss. Luhan's father apparently was cold and ruthless, killing anyone associated with a victim and he wanted Luhan to carry on the "family business." Being the son of a mafia boss, someone couldn't exactly refuse his father. Whether or not the son was innocent, if someone were to carry on such crude business then it would be all hell; it was best to eliminate the heir. Of course, Sehun kept it a secret that he was meeting with the target and was grateful that his boss hadn't done an information check on him either.

As Sehun walked to the coffee shop, he was torn between his job as an agent and his strange attraction to Luhan. Of course he couldn't disobey orders -- they were programmed into his system -- but he couldn't exterminate such a gorgeous, innocent human being. It, too, was against his programming. However, all thoughts of his mission were pushed aside when he saw Luhan in the window of the café, smiling at him. He hastily made his way to the door, opening it which was followed by a distinctive ring, and went right for Luhan, ignoring the cashier yet again.

"I'm sorry I'm late." Sehun said and sat down.

"No, don't worry. I got here only a few minutes ago. So, now that you're here, what have you been up to?"

Learning more things about your past and why I'm supposed to kill you, "Nothing, really. I've just been reading." Lies.

"Ah, so you're a bookworm too? What's your favorite?" Luhan asked, leaning forward.

"War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells." Sehun replied.

Luhan scrunched his nose, "Really? That's such a boring book! There are miniscule details that could totally be omitted without affecting the story overall."

Sehun shrugged, "It's not too bad. I mean, I guess you've tried, but really, the storyline is actually pretty genius, especially for books of that time."

"I guess you're right." Luhan frowned.

After a few minutes of more small talk, Luhan was served his coffee.

"Are you not getting anything -- oh wait! I think he would like to order something." Luhan called out to the server who nodded and tucked the tray under his arm, grabbing a notepad.

"I'm fine, but thank you. I had something before I came here." Sehun lied.

"Oh, sorry to hold you up." Luhan smiled awkwardly and waved the server good bye. "Well, after I finish my coffee... would you like to go out somewhere? It's only 3 and it hasn't gotten dark. We didn't get to spend much time together either." Luhan smiled shyly and looked out of the window.

Sehun felt something inside of him spark and his circuits began to heat up. Instead of a response, all his mind could come up with was a large heart. Maybe he would finally understand what it was like to be in love. Maybe he was in love! What an exciting experience, Sehun thought as he nodded. For just a while, maybe Luhan could make him feel like a real human being. How fufilling that would be! 

Despite of his inner excitement, he replied with a simple, "Why not?"

"We'll have lots of fun!" Luhan exclaimed and then began to chug his coffee, seemingly as excited as Sehun was.

So this is love, Sehun thought.