Target in Sight

deleted. [ue]

As Sehun walked by the windows of a café, his eyes momentarily locked with a customer's that his mechanical mind identified as his target. Taken aback, Sehun broke his gaze from the not-so-strange stranger and bolted to the door of Milk Tea Café and flung open the door. The cashier looked at him, startled by the sudden ringing of the door bell and began to ask the generic questions, but Sehun put a hand up. Once his eyes locked on his target, he made his way over as naturally as he could.

"Are you Luhan?" Sehun asked, tapping on the customer's shoulder. The customer turned around, surprised, and nodded. At that moment, Sehun's wiring and information for the mission suddenly stopped flowing to his mind. Instead, he sat down on the bar stool next to Luhan and began to take in all of the latter's features. First was the gentle way Luhan acknowledged him; second was the way he gingerly grasped his drink; third was the way his eyes twinkled; lastly, Sehun couldn't help but notice the miniscule lip scar on the bottom left. 

"Do I know you from somewhere?" Luhan asked.

Sehun shook his head, "I had..." He paused and searched through his files on Luhan to create the most plausible reason for knowing his name. "I had seen your ad in the paper for dance lessons."

"Oh, you saw that?" Luhan laughed, "I had posted that half a year ago. They still have it?"

"Well, no, but I had kept it because I was thinking that I... Could... Teach you...?" Sehun frowned. Never before had he been at a loss for words.

"Ah, really? That would be -- are you ok?" Luhan leaned closer to Sehun with a concerned expression. Sehun nodded and stopped muttering information to himself. How silly of his programming, to allow him to slip up as he did. "Well, why don't we think of a time to meet? I don't have a dance studio, of course, but I know one that is open to the public not to far from here. Unless you have your own, which would be totally fine. I mean, it would make total sense anyway."

"No, I don't. Where is this studio?" Sehun asked.

"From the entrance of this café, turn right and keep walking straight for a few blocks. It's a large, blue building. It's kind of hard to miss. I'm sorry I can't give you an address. I don't know it off the top of my head." Luhan smiled, taking a sip of his drink. Sehun took note of how Luhan's hand was shaking slightly.

"I'm free tomorrow at 13:00." 

"13 hundred?"

"Oh, sorry. 1:00 pm." Sehun shook his head. For some reason, his programming kept slipping up and he kept forgetting important information.

"That works for me!" Luhan said happily and then checked his watch. "Well, it's getting pretty late for me. It's better that I get going now before it gets too dark. I'm glad to have met you -- I never got your name." Luhan patted his cheek, as if to say "How could I forget?"

"It's Oh Sehun." Sehun held out a hand and Luhan gently shook it. When Sehun put his hand into his jacket pocket, he felt disappointed, for he wanted to hold Luhan's hand for just a moment longer.

"Well, Oh Sehun, it was a pleasure meeting you. See you tomorrow." Luhan flashed one last smile before tossing his drink and leaving the café.

Sehun sat there, hands shoved deep in his pockets. There was such a warm feeling that he felt in his circuit boards when he was with Luhan. He couldn't really explain it, but he was scared that he may overheat and break the next day. That wouldn't be good; it would expose his Humanoid self and Luhan would probably walk away and never talk to him again if that happened.

Despite his programming telling him it wasn't a smart idea to meet Luhan the next day, he ignored it and put the date and time into his calendar.

No matter what, he was determined to see Luhan again, despite the latter being his target.