Learning to Love

deleted. [ue]

He remembered it so clearly, the first time he heard of love. It was when he and his fellow agent, Junmyun, were walking through the busy streets in Hongdae. As they strolled down, talking quietly between themselves, they noticed a couple locking lips, holding hands, and smiling at each other. The Humanoids looked at each other curiously. What was this strange activity the humans were taking part in? It was so intruiging to watch. The affectionate way they looked at each other, the way they walked together with interlocked fingers; it was all so... interesting.

Once they returned to headquarters, Sehun walked up to his boss and asked a simple question.

"Why do humans hold hands?"

His boss cocked an eyebrow and smiled, "We didn't program that, did we? Well, Sehun, that is because it's an act of love."

"Love? As in '1. A profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person, 2. A feeling of warm --"

"Yes, Sehun. That is love, but it's something that cannot be defined to understand. It's something that is done with the heart."

Sehun glanced at his chest and felt disappointed. There were times when he wished he weren't an android. Sometimes, he had a strong desire to be human, but he knew it was impossible.

"You don't have to worry about love, Sehun. You're a machine. Machines can't feel emotions. You know what each emotion is, but it is something that is felt in your mind and heart; two things that is comprised of wires, not muscle for you." Sehun's boss patted Sehun's shoulder upon seeing the sad expression he was making before walking away to speak to Junmyun about the mission.

From that moment on, he decided that he would learn about and how to love.