Midnight Date

deleted. [ue]

Sehun waited, anxious and patient, in the still park. The sidewalk lights burned bright, and snow fell to the ground, gentle. The wind was not blowing, and the only thing making noise was the few squirrels that tried to find any remaining food. Sehun laughed a laugh that rang loud and clear in the night. Not too long after, he spotted a figure making its way over all bundled up in scarves, hats, and coats.

"Luhan?"

"It's so cold. Why did you pick midnight?" Luhan complained as he neared where Sehun stood.

"I'm sorry."

"I'm just being sarcastic, dummy." Luhan smiled and moved closer... Well, as close as he could under his many layers that limited his mobility. 

Sehun hummed, and held his arm out. "Ready?"

"Ready."

Luhan took the arm, and followed his date patiently. They crunched through the snow, toward the dark. Sehun gulped as they neared the place. Hopefully Luhan did not leave him after. It was a huge possiblity, and it caused Sehun's insides to heat up. With a deep breath of the crisp night air, he cooled down his systems, and tugged Luhan's hand. Soon they came to a clearing.

In the center was a table set up in a shoveled area with a table cloth, and a small candle. Luhan gasped as Sehun led him over. Staring at the display, Luhan sat down in the chair. He poked the candle, then the large metal cover in front of him that held the food, he assumed. With a small smile, Luhan took the napkin from the table and spread it on his lap. Sehun observed and did the same.

"If I had known, I would've dressed up a little more." Luhan laughed.

"You look fine." Sehun said. Luhan blushed in the candlelight.

For a moment, they just sat in silence while staring at each other. Sehun was taken back by how young Luhan looked. He had young, boyish features. His large eyes and round cheeks were endearing. Sehun was really tempted to reach over and hug him.

Luhan coughed, pointing to the metal lid.

"Oh, right, bon apetite." said Sehun. Eyes lighting up, Luhan pulled the cover from the food and nearly drooled. The food was perfectly prepared. Without thinking, Luhan picked up his fork and dug in. Sehun laughed and watched Luhan eat to his heart's content. What a wonderful smile, Sehun thought when he saw Luhan's expression.

It was beautiful.