8.

30/01
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo's grip didn't once falter and become weaker, like I feared it would. His hands were shaking, and I try my best to tell him he'll be okay, even though I'm not even sure right now. A slight breeze ruffled my shirt as I helped Kyungsoo take the final steps towards the hospital doors. There was a sinking feeling in my stomach, I don't want it to be anything serious, I couldn't live in a world without him.

"Kai," Kyungsoo said weakly before I rested my hand on the door handle, peering though the glass at the busy reception. "I'm scared."

I swallow against my dry throat, knowing I couldn't offer him as much support as I would want because I am scared too. I let my hand drop from the door handle, clutching his arm tightly in mine and gently running my thumb over his smooth skin. "I know...I am too," I admit after a while. Kyungsoo let's his gaze fall to the ground, I watch him take his shaky breaths as he slipped into the dark world labelled as fear.

"Kai, I don't want to-I don't-What if-" He breathing grew rapid, and tears were falling down his face again. "I could be-," I cupped his wet cheeks in my hands.

"Calm down Soo, calm," He heaved in his breaths. "Breath with me, look, in and out," His eyes stared into mine as he concentrated on my voice, as if it were the only thing that could pull him out of the world of fear he is trapped in. "In and out," I breath slowly, monitoring how his chest rose and fell, getting slower each time. "That's it, keep breathing like this for me," I instructed, wiping away his tear with my thumb. "You're going to be okay, I promise. Whether this be a big problem or a little one, I will make sure your back to the old you, because I'm not letting go of you Kyungsoo."

Kyungsoo, a bit breathless still, nodded at me. I glance back at the door, bringing my hand back up to the door handle. "Ready?" I ask him.

There was a pause before he answered, "Ready."

The hospital was busy, crowds of people waiting to be seen. From kids to adults, from minor injuries to serious one, they all waited on the plastic chairs in the modern room. The lighting was not natural, and the smell of medicines was strong. The walls were plain, mostly white, on one of the pillars in the middle of the room was a few tv's, entertaining the younger ones.

Kyungsoo and I stood in the relatively short line at the reception. Kyungsoo stood in front of me, breathing like I told him to. I suddenly realised how tired I felt, my eye lids were heavy, and my body was drained. I rest my forehead on the back of Kyungsoo's head, closing my eyes momentarily. I ignore the voices in my head telling me to expect the worst, because I don't want to, and I don't think I need to. Kyungsoo is a healthy being, I tell myself, he'll be fine, I repeat over and over again.

"How can I help you?"

I look up at the lady who the voice belonged to. She had short dark brown hair, green eyes, and a curvy figure. I done the speaking for Kyungsoo, I know he doesn't like interacting with strangers much.

"Hi, erm, my-my boyfriend, he's not been feeling too good recently. He's been struggling to breath, and his chest is hurting."

The woman glanced over at Kyungsoo, who was leaning on me for support. "Right, sir has there been any other problems?"

I shake my head at her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter