7.

30/01
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I slammed the car door shut behind me, falling back into the seat hardly and turning the key in the ignition. The car stuttered to life and I race out of the car park, my hands gripping on the steering wheel tightly.

“Kyungsoo, I’m coming,” I said, panic eating away at me.

My heart stammered in my chest and I just about managed to put my phone on hands free mode with shaking fingers. The city passed by quickly, I didn’t care if I was breaking the speed limits, this was serious. The tall buildings blocked the sunlight from my eyes. Kyungsoo didn’t speak, he couldn’t. I could hear him fight for his breaths.

“Relax Soo, it will make it worse by panicking.” I tried to keep him calm, but I know it wouldn’t work.

“Kai-“He groaned in pain.

The road wasn’t particularly busy, but I pressed down hardly on the breaks. The car in front of me driving insanely slow. I wanted to scream, or shout. I couldn’t overtake it either as the other side of the road was filled with cars. I slam my fist of the steering wheel. “Aish!” I snapped.

“I-I-“ Kyungsoo began, his voice sounding dazed, but before he could finish there was a loud bang from his end.

My eyes widen as I hear the phone fall to the floor, and then silence.

“Soo?” I called out.

The car in front finally sped up, and I wasted no time in picking up speed, watching the city go past me in a blur.

“Kyungsoo? Answer me!” I shouted. “Hyung-don’t leave me like this!” I cried, trying my best to hold back the tears. I felt my body tense as there was no answer. I don’t want to believe that this is happening. It’s all a nightmare, and I’ll wake up, perfectly fine, with Kyungsoo in my arms.

Finally I heard a weak sob and a twisted kind of relief flooded in as I turn the corner.

I could barely get a grip of the apartment door handle when I ran up to it. I kick open the door, dashing into the lounge, expecting to find Kyungsoo in there, except he wasn’t. I look around, my head screaming from concern.

“Kyungsoo?”

And then I heard

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter