6.

30/01
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Our day consisted of nothing more, just an average day we wasted away. We sat together on the sofa, flicking through the TV channels mindlessly. There wasn’t much on, but then we eventually find a decent movie to watch. I made us a bowl of popcorn too, out hand briefly meeting in the bowl a few times when we both reached in to get some.

“Hey Kyungsoo,” I said, eyeing the white flowers he gave me, which were still on the table.

“Mmm.” His head was resting on my shoulder, and he tipped it up to meet my eyes.

“I forgot to thank you for those flowers,” His eyes followed my direction of gaze. “So thank you.”

I watched a small blush rise to his cheeks and a small grin found its way onto his face. His head rested on my shoulder again, and I put my arm around him again.

“Even though they may die, I want you to remember them Kai, because then it will remind you of me okay?” Kyungsoo said, his eyes glued to the TV screen.

“I will, I will remember,” I assured him.

The time ticked away quickly, it’s crazy how time wastes away so quickly. We grow tired, our eyes growing heavy, our breathing slowing, and we finally give in to out tiredness, me before him.

Kyungsoo was still asleep in my arms when I woke up. The tv was silent and blank, I only saw my reflection in it. There was a small blanket that covered our bodies, Kyungsoo must’ve found it after I fell asleep. I let out a moan, suddenly remembering that I had work today. I would kill for just one more day off, but I had no option.

My eyes skip to Kyungsoo’s motionless body. Maybe he was still tired from yesterday, I thought as I began to ponder over his sleeping state. Carefully I remove myself from under his peaceful body, placing a pillow under his head where my shoulder was before. I quickly rush to the bathroom. I had to dress formally today, so I slip into my only suit, feeling nervous already settle in. My boss, Suho, was holding a meeting with the CEO of Dagiyeo, he wants to set up a partnership with them. If the CEO doesn’t like our ideas, then the partnership won’t happen, and we’ll lose profits.

I quietly dash into the kitchen, and grab a slice of bread before smearing butter onto it. I rush and pull on the suit jacket with the bread in my mouth, eating it afterwards. I go back into the lounge, back to Kyungsoo on the sofa. My hand reached out to his head, placing a stray hair back in place and then leaving a kiss on his forehead. And before I could take a minute to take a breath, I was rushing out of the door, dashing down the dull hallway, worried about being late.

Luckily there wasn’t much traffic on the roads, so I got to the office just in time. I saw Suho stood in the lobby. The cream tiles of the floor shone brightly, and the plants dotted around the room were being trimmed. A few people surrounded the dark wooden desk as sunlight filtered through the skylights in the roof.

“Ah Kai, I was beginning to worry you wouldn’t make it,” Suho said as soon as I stood in front of him.

“I’m sorry,” I apologised.

“It’s okay,” Suho raised his arm at the black door in the distance. “Lay is already in there, go ahead, I’ll be there when Yifan arrives.”

I nod at him, and walk towards the black door. I swallow, the nerves grew stronger with each passing second. We really needed this to work out, it would mean I could finally pay off some of our bills which hung at the back of my mind all the time. I push open the door, my hand tight on the cool metal of the handle.

There was a large circular table in the middle of the room. On the left side there was a presentation screen for the computer. On the table there was glasses set out, each filled evenly with water, alongside a selection of pens and some paperwork.

“Hey,” Lay greeted as I stepped inside the room.

“Morning,” I said back, finding my chair and moving towards it. “Are you rea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter