3.

30/01
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The winter like wind was cold against my body, despite wearing masses of layers. The sky was still dark, but the streets of Seoul were already busy with people rushing to work, but there was this kind of silence that embraced the city at these hours, it never really left. The trees' leaves rustled in the wind as a person walked into Kyungsoo. They didn't even stop to say sorry, I suppose that it society for you nowadays.

Kyungsoo stopped walking and I stopped in front of him. "Kai-ah? Are you okay?" He had a worried look in his eye. "Your hands, they are so cold."

I glance down at my hand in his. I'd gotten used to the feeling of having cold hands now, so I hardly notice it anymore. I give him a small smile, "You worry about me too much."

Kyungsoo's spare hand cups the back of my neck and he looks into my eyes, "I worry because I care," I feel a blush rise to my cheeks. "Please take my gloves, I don't want you getting any colder."

I don't even try to argue back and convince him otherwise, I knew he would not let me have my way when it came to things like this. I watch as he slid off his pair of white gloves. He found my hands again and carefully picked them up. "Aish Kai, I wish I could make you better," He said as he started slipping the gloves onto my numb hands. He really didn't know the truth. He has made me better. He is my only sunshine, he was the one who shone through the darkness and saved me. I yearned to tell him all of this, but I just didn't know how to, but I will one day, he has to know how much he means to me.

"There we are," He chirped happily.

"But what about you Soo?" I asked, worried about him getting cold.

"Don't worry about me, I'll be fine." He smiled up at me, entwining his already cold fingers with mine. Guilt started to grow inside of me.

"I'm sorry hyung."

"For what?" My apology caught him as confused.

I look down at the floor and Kyungsoo's smaller hand finds my shoulder. "Come on, let's go," He said gently.

"Kyungsoo, are we there yet?" I moaned.

We had been walking for what seemed like an eternity, but really it had only been fifteen minutes.

"Someone's being a whiny so and so today," He joked, for which he received a hard nudge on the shoulder for. "And I think you'll be happy to know that we are practically here now, just up that path ahead," He assured.

I looked up at the path. We were on the outskirts of the city, heading to Namjowa forest. I remember my grandparents

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter