A Guardian of Time III

You Are My Partner (YAMP)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Now Leeteuk was seating infront of Changmin “Btw Leeteuk-shii .. regarding this knife found next to the cake..” stated Changmin while holding the plastic bag which has knife on it “We found your fingerprints on it”

“Of course you did..it was my duty as butler to cut the cake after all”

“So .. after the flames from the candles were out, you didn’t turn the lights back on immediately .. How come?” asked Seohyun curiously “ That’s because the mistress didn’t give me the signal. Usually, right after they’re blown out, the clocks would chime for 12.00 a.m. and after they finished chiming, the mistress would snap her fingers as a cue to turn back on lights.” Stated Leeteuk.

“But at that time, the clocks didn’t chime immediately, did they?” asked Seohyun again and Leeteuk answer it “ ahh nae~ but the three clock technicians monitoring the clocks that were supposedly behind said they all chimed on time”.

Kyuhyun walked near Leeteuk and said “apart from that..even though you were right by the mistress’s side, you don’t have even one drop of blood splatter on you!?”

“Isn’t that because the culprit had a large build? That’s why the blood splatter didn’t reach me.” Leeteuk answered him back while Kyuhyun just eyeing him only.

 

They already checked all of the 60 guests who come to the party, but there wasn’t anyone matching that description. Right now, Changmin and Donghae were talking and doing their task in the small room while Kyuhyun and Seohyun were walking near the balcony where they suspected the culprit was fled through the window.

“ Kyuhyun-shii.. about the blood in the handrail and window frame, was it all from the mistress?” asked Seohyun who facing Kyuhyun right now. Kyuhyun turned to her “Yeah.. I have no idea how they were able to obtain the mistress’s blood before the crime, but if they wanted to make it look like they fled through the window.. they would’ve had to plant the blood beforehand.”

Seohyun walked near the blood in the handrail and said “But.. isn’t that strange?”. Kyuhyun just raise his eyebrow “Wae?”

“If they’re making it look like they fled from here.. rather than making these rubbed-off blood marks, It would’ve been more convincing if they had left clear.. bloody footprints” stated Seohyun while kyuhyun just chuckled and answer “Who knows.. maybe they thought if the mark were to clear, the jig would have been up before the crime even started?”.

Suddenly the great clock were chime loudly.Kyuhyun and Seohyun turned their back and saw the great clock was upper of the balcony.

“ohh .. So this room was directly below that great clock..” stated Kyuhyun while both of them were looking at the great clock and Seohyun suddenly saw that something make her shock.

“Ahh.. No, that’s not it.. These blood marks weren’t made beforehand!” thought Seohyun. She looking towards the well “That ‘Guardian of Time’ really passed through here..At the time of the crime .. and all according to plan!” stunned Seohyun who was looking towards the well while Kyuhyun approached her “Yah.. what’s wrong with you?” when he see that Seohyun face suddenly turn pale.

“Kyuhyun-shii.. I know who is it!”stated Seohyun and she suddenly whispered to him that’s make him shocked.

“ahh .. you’re right, I already knew who is it but I don’t know his motive and your point is too strong to approve that he is the culprit .. yaish.. how can your eyes is too fast about this thing! so what we gonna do?” asked Kyuhyun while Seohyun just smile to him.

 

1.30 a.m in the hall..

Changmin and Donghae walked inside the hall to announce something to the guest while Seohyun and Kyuhyun stills at the balcony.

“The results from everyone’s body search.. showed that no one had hidden a weapon on their person. In addition, it seems no one had been covered in a large amount of blood splatter, so we’ll wrap things up for today and conduct more through interviews at a later date” stated Donghae while all the guests become doubtful about what happened of this cases makes a noisy and Changmin continued “Well..No objections, right Kyuhyun-shii?” glancing to him.

“Yeah.. and we already know who’s behind of this” stated Kyuhyun while walked near to them and smirked to Changmin.

“huh!?” makes all the people inside the room shocked and Changmin just smile.

“Donghae .. please help me with Seohyun to reconstruct the crime at once” stated Kyuhyun while Donghae just nodded.

“Reconstruct?” asked Changmin. Kyuhyun looks at him “Nae.. It’ll take a short while to prepare, so if the inspector and guests would please leave the room for a few moments.”

 

Outside of the hall..

“Just how long do they expect to keep us waiting?” asked Hyun Soo who can’t wait anymore, was standing near Shindong. “yea.. It seems the lady detective and the butler have been in and out quite a few times now.” Stated Shindong.

Nicole was watching of the butler and said, “I wonder if they’ll really able to prove it? How to stab someone without getting blood splatter on them, and how to dispose out of the weapon” stated Nicole.

Suddenly, the door were open “Thanks for waiting.. we have finished our preparations, so if everyone would please enter the room!” said Donghae while let them in but he stops Changmin from walking. “but inspector..please hang this around your neck.” Gives the flashlight watch to Changmin.

“Isn’t this the flashlight watch that you always wearing?” asked Changmin while pointed towards that watch. “Nae.. we’re having you play the part of the murdered victim.. meaning this will take the place of the necklace covered in fluorescent paint” said Donghae grinned.

 

All the guests were inside the room and the scene was same situation before the blowing cake occurred.

“It doesn’t seem like much has been changed.” Stated Hyun soo approach Shindong who standing quietly at the corner. “Nae.. the only thing that’s different is that lady standing infront of the closed window.” Looking at Seohyun who stared at them quietly.

“I don’t know what you’re up to, but out with it already.” Nicole angry but suddenly the room become dark “Yah.. what’s going on?”

“We’re recreating the scene as it was at the time of the crime. First, the lights in the room were turned off.. and the cake was brought here, right?” said Donghae. “ahh nae” Leeteuk interrupt while pushed the tray infront of Changmin. “all right, inspector.. on my cue, please blow out the candles as the victim did.”

“Three.. two..one.. go”

Changmin blows the cake and after that Changmin’s head  had been knocked by something from behind. “Who was that.. who just hit me in the head with a stick?” angrily Changmin.

At the same time, the window infront of Changmin had been open widely “Huh, what’s with this experiment?” chuckled Changmin, suddenly the lights . Changmin continued “It’s useless even if you open the window and pretend to have fled. Since I saw the stick used by whoever hit me!” glared at Donghae and said “that’s means the one who stills has the stick is definitely the one who hit me”.

“Excuse me, Inspector.. actually the one who hit you is me.” Stated Seohyun who came walked infront of Changmin.

Changmin smirked “Don’t talk nonsense, Seohyun-shii.. for starters, you’re not even carrying a stick”. Seohyun smiled “ There’s no reason I would be. Since the stick I hit you with flew away and disappeared out the window.”

“What”

Changmin walked near Kyuhyun and said “Is that true.. that the stick flew over here?”. Kyuhyun was standing near the balcony and said “Nae~ but .. what flew over here wasn’t a stick. It was an umbrella pulled by a string.”

“heh?” shocked Changmin while run towards the balcony and saw that another person was holding an umbrella at below of the balcony

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter