CHAPTER 2

FIRST IMPRESSIONS adapted from the novel PRIDE AND PREJUDICE by JANE AUSTEN

“Why do you keep smiling? Something is wrong with you?” asked the blunt Minho who wonders to see his friend acts strangely since the wedding reception.
Sang Yoon is little bit surprised and then blushes.
“Woo, and now you blush”
“Please don’t tease me chingu ya. It’s just that I feel quite happy right now. Isn’t the wedding reception very nice and we meeting some of the most pleasing and amazing new acquaintances? I am glad we come?”Said him cheerfully
“I must confess to you that I hardly think and feel the same as you. The wedding reception was as dull and as boring as ever. Nothing is special. I prefer my staying in my room. There is no one there that I know except you and your sisters and we just sit there so what is fun in that?”
“That is your problem my friend. Loosen up, you need to meet more people and make new friends. Don’t limit yourself like that”
“I don’t enjoy these parties and all. You know me so well. I feel so uncomfortable around strangers. I shouldn’t go. It’s a waste of time”
Sang Yoon can only sighs. His friend never changes.
“I hope you will not force me to join another boring party tonight” add Minho.
“Oh please Minho. We are here not to attend a wedding only we have a business means to do. Mr. Hong is our company’s main business partner and as the next director you must know that your presence here is very important. You know you must prove to people that you are able to lead the company unless you will not get your votes. And it’s about the time you will get appointed as the new CEO”
“I know it very well because you’ve already told me this five times now” answered him jokingly.
“Please bear it for the company and for me. I always want the best for you. I want you to succeed”
Minho sighs but then smiles to his buddy. He knows he can count on him and he is a trustworthy friend to have.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
“Stop it Unnie. Pick one dress already please. You’ve taken too much time choosing. You have tried all of them and now please take one and get done with it” asks Yoona cutely.
So Yeon is getting so worked up for tonight’s party. She is being hyper so unusually.
“Which one suits me best Yoona ya?” asked her biting her lower lip. Their hotel bed is full of dresses. It is very messy.
“You are so pretty that every dress will look absolutely good on you”
“Oh Yoona, please, Just tell me. I cannot decide” cried her.
“I think the black one looks so nice. It is pretty y and alluring. I am sure Mr. Lee sang Yoon will not be able to control himself if he should see you in it” teases her laughing so hard.
“Oh my dear sister please does not start again” she blushes.
Yoona knows well how her sister feels. She must be falling in love with him. She does because she never been this silly before. And this fuss is just another proof.
“Whatever dress you wear, if he truly likes you, he will not care about it”
So Yeon fails to act composed and gives up.
“I don’t know why I become this stupid. I just don’t know”
“I know unni. You like him a lot. That is why”
So Yeon sits down beside Yoona leaning her head on her shoulder.
“I’ve told you before didn’t I? That he is very handsome but I cannot like him for that reason only. There is kindness and cheerfulness in him which makes him so amazing in my eyes. And that warmth and easiness charms me greatly. Maybe you are right. No, I think you are right. I must like him, a lot”
“Really sister, I cannot help you out if you should like him this much already after meeting him only once. Let’s decide after tonight. Try to know him better and judge if he is worth your heart. I want you to get the best man that deserves you because there is no one as beautiful and as sweet as you”
“Hmm, thank you my dear. I hope the same for you too”
“and considering that sang Yoon Ssi is very rich, you know that there are more people who will rejoice on your happiness if things should work out, OUR MOTHER” giggles her along with her sister.
………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
“I feel so sorry toward Minho. He must feel so bored to be here. You know unnie, he really hates party and especially in this strange place” said Yoori to her sister.
“Yes, and considering some most inelegant company here from the groom side" Soo hyun agrees,
“Ha ha, you are so right. I just hope Sang Yoon is not trouble us with those Jung girls and their silly mother again. He appears to like one of them a lot”
“They are pretty girls, I cannot deny, but they have no class no elegance that suits them this place and these respectable people. Let Sang Yoon has some fun in this very short day my dear sister. After tonight we should not meet them again”
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………
“Oh girls, come on hurry up we should not be late” screams Mrs. Jung to all her daughters that are all still busy with their hair and makeup.
“Mother, could you please help me putting these fake eye brows” cried minah.
“Mother, help me putting these earrings please” screamed Boomi.
It takes another ten minutes before they are fully ready.
Mrs. Jung walks elegantly and rather haughtily as she is walking to the party room followed by five beautiful daughters that cannot let one single eye to ignore.
She turns back to check her girls again. And as she stops she smiles perfectly happy. She always likes to give credits to herself for producing this collection of stunning faces.
They enter the location to have another major attention. Each one of them has their own admirers and fans though the two elders are very popular and generally liked more than the other three.
To be seen in beautiful dresses, allow them to stand out even more.
And there he is, the man that has been waiting to see the girl of his dream. His eyes are popping. His anticipation does not fail him. The girl is looking even gorgeous and she smiles at him so shyly.
“So Yeon go. He is waiting my dear. Do not disappoint him” encourage her mother very enthusiastically.
Sang Yoon approaches them to ask for So Yeon’s hand. And they are all letting her go with blooming smile.
“Fighting unni” yelled mina loudly.
“Stop it, you embarrassed her” stops Yoona grabbing her arm.
Mina only pouts and then asks for her mother permission to explore the room.
She and Boomi look so eager to go after seeing some boys at the corner looking and whispering at them.
“Go, and enjoy girls” said the mother spoiling them.
“Behave yourself, you two. Do not embarrassed your family by acting stupid here” Yoona is always the one who gets worried when the two youngest are off the leash.
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
Everyone takes their own way scattered all over the place. Yoona is left with Soo Jin who is not the least interested in the party.
“I wish I am at home right now. Reading book gives me more pleasure than this chitchatting and dancing”
“Please Soo Jin. There are times for serious reading and studying which are good but there should be opportunity for pleasure as well”
“I must say that these people are vain”
Yoona gives up on this remark. Her sister will not get what she said and she prefers to leave and enjoy herself. This party is a rare event for her who mostly is busy with her presentations and papers. She does not want to miss the fun.
She walks around the ballroom trying to find a corner to enjoy the music, the dance and maybe the food.
To her surprise, she sees her close friend unexpectedly.
“Da Eun a. hi, you are here?”Called her happily. At last, she finds someone she can share some good conversations with in this very place.
Da Eun is surprised herself and also very glad to see her dear friend.
“I just arrived. Actually, I am here because the bride is my old friend. She invited me for the ceremony also but I couldn’t come”
“It is a most pleasant surprise to see you here. I am so lonely you know”
“Me too. I know no one except the bride here”
They are enjoying their conversation so much and not carefully watching their way when a gentleman pours his wine to Yoona’s dress accidentally.
“You need to go to the toilet to clean this before your dress is spoilt”
“Excuse me”
Yoona rushes her way breaking some crowds. But when she hears some guys talking about her sister, she stops her steps. Not far from her position, there Sang Yoon Ssi and his friend, Lee Minho Ssi.
“Aaa,,it’s them” mutters her.
She decides to find a strategic spot to get some ideas on what they have to say about her sister. She might end up getting the best and honest answer on what Kim Sang Yoon really feels about her sister.
“I have never seen anyone prettier than her in my life. She is an angel, a goddess” said sang Yoon with hanging smile.
“She is the only pretty girl in this room I can't deny but she smiles a great deal too much” Admit Minho coolly.
“Her smile is magical, so really beautiful. But I must say that all her sisters are very uncommonly beautiful also especially Yoona ssi, the second daughter. She is looking very nice, don’t you think?”
“Which one? Oh, that skinny girl. I guess she is fine. But not beautiful enough to amaze or scare me. She is so very skinny and looks sickly and you know I cannot get attracted to that”
“Oh don’t be ridiculous. She is not sickly at all. She is quite lively and she got bright personality which is always charming”
“That is your opinion. Don’t make me think the same as you. And please stop it. You sound like having a business of matchmaking me with her just because you like her sister. Do not waste your time. I can manage better for myself”
As much as she is happy for what she hears about the flattering praises on the behalf of her sister, Yoona cannot help but feel so insulted to hear some unflattering remarks about her looks and her characters.
But she is not a weak girl who will let her anger defeats her. She tries to calm herself.
Yoona is always the one who dares to laugh and pity herself and she will not be let down on every attempt to injure her.
Instead of taking some steps away from them, she decides to approach them closer giving both surprised look to her sudden appearance.
Sang Yoon is flustered. He gulps his saliva and is worried if she must hear what they just said about her and her sister.
Minho who looks rather composed is trying to act like nothing is happening but his sudden move of hand to his glass of wine and immediately drink it giving a hint that he is indeed surprised HIMSELF. and THE girl is looking really lovely in her party dress.

Yoona gives her most perfect smile to them and bows.
“Yoona ssi. Do you enjoy the party?”
“Yes, I do. I actually approach you here because I want to ask you if you see my sister. Because I cannot find her”
“She was with me but just now, she excuses herself to the toilet”
“Oh, I see”
Yoona talks to sang Yoon only, giving him all his attention and naturally ignores his friend.
He has lost her good opinion from the start and she does not bother about what he should think about her anymore. He does not have effects on her and she thinks she should just maintain a distance from someone who finds her sickly and unattractive.
After some time, Yoona finally excuses herself. Again bowing and smiling to them both but only gives her warm gesture and look to Sang Yoon.
She does not expect Minho to be affected by her manner to him at all knowing how little he thinks of her.
But what she thinks is completely wrong.
Lee Minho IS AFFECTED, so much by her way of ignoring him. It does not escape him. She is polite to him but gives nothing that makes him satisfied enough which he wonders why he should feel that way.
He admits that he just told his friend that he thinks nothing of her but questions himself about how bothering it is not to be given attention BY HER just now.
He does not know why he must upset.
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
Yoona and Da Eun find a place near the dance floor where they can enjoy the real taste of the party.
“Your sister is happily occupied I see. And your little sisters too” said Da Eun to spot So Yeon is sitting with Mr. sang Yoon not TOO far from them WHILE Boomi and mina are seen dancing crazily on the dance floor giving Yoona an ashamed blush.
“I don’t know what to do about my sisters because mother and father never care to fix their behaviors. They are literally masters of flirts and it makes me feel so terrible”
“But I am more interested in that handsome gentleman who shares some smiles and whispers with your elder sister Yoona” said her pointing to So Yeon and Mr. Kim Sang Yoon direction.
“Oh, well, you can see. She looks very happy. That is Mr. Kim Sang Yoon. We just met him during the reception and you must believe me that he is a very nice guy and seems to like my sister a lot”
“But does she like him? From what I see, she gives not much encouragement. She appears polite just like how she is to everyone”
“Of course she likes him. She is just shy and woman should not be too forward also”
“But if she really likes him. She has to make sure that she secures him to the maximum. That guy is so good looking and very rich and there must be girls running behind him for sure”
Yoona can only smile to hear her friend’s concern.
Little she knows that she is, at the moment, is an object of someone’s attention.
Lee Minho in one corner on his own with his wine keeps looking at her from time to time. Between his every sip of drink, he will fix his gaze on her, observing her every move, gesture, smile and laugh.
Though yoona does not notice, da eun does.
“I wonder why that super cute gentleman keeps staring at you Yoona. I believe there must be something. Do you know him?”
Yoona wonders who she means until she meets her eyes with Minho and he turns his head to look at another direction.


“Oh him, Just ignore. He must look at me to find more faults to laugh at and to ridicule”
“Why so?”
Yoona tells her friend about everything he said about her in great spirit.
“Well, it is very wrong of him to say such thing about you but it is also very sad that he should not be interested in you my friend because As you said he is SO wealthy and look at him, he has a sculptured handsome face. He will make better husband than Sang Yoon ssi” teases Da Eun jokingly.
“He is a proud man and I should not be broken heart just because he finds me not pretty enough to tempt him. But I have to admit that i am very sorry to myself because I just got dissed by a handsome rich man”
Yoona takes her tease with good humor and laughs along with her.