The Play

The Last Chu for Mr. Romeo
 
 

“Oh no, my darling Juliet, please don’t—what are you doing here?!”

Once again Hoya has to endure the embarrassment and please-I-don’t-want-to-be-in-this-school-anymore-feeling as his body was suddenly being pushed and made him stand like an idiot in the middle of the stage. Jihoon who was so into his heartbroken acting moment ago now glaring at him, clearly irritated.

The audience goes wild.

“Now this seems interesting!”

Hoya can practically hear the headmaster loudly exclaims and are those two bucket of popcorns he’s holding?!

But he has no time to mind about his weird principal because he needs to think fast as for impromptu acting because apparently Nana only said ‘just go there and proclaim you love her or something then all set’ before her seemed fragile hands pushed him toward the stage. Now murmur and gasp are around the area and Hoya once again curses his slow brain (and Nana, and Woohyun, and this school’s specialty at its weirdness).

“He seems like my son!” Park Chorong yells out, suddenly pops out from the closed curtain, face as confident as ever (she’s really a great actress), runs hurriedly toward Hoya.

“My son!” She takes his hand and cups it in front of her chest, really like the scene of the drama where the mother finally met her true child.

“What?!” Jihoon winces.

“What…?” Hoya doesn’t even need to mask his oblivious state.

“It means you’re an imposter! And you want to take advantage of my daughter’s blind love toward Romeo! How dare you!” Woohyun follows suit as he makes a sudden appearance from behind the curtain, yells angrily at Jihoon the Romeo doppelganger. Not yet recovering from the daze, the Namtard exclaims loudly once again. “Go, you the true Romeo! If it’s you, I’ll give permission for both of you to date each other.” Please note the way Nam Woohyun said go to Hoya is with such a strong force to make Hoya stumble on his own feet, and lands almost perfectly on top of the laying (sleeping?) Juliet. The audience cheers joyously, blitz of camera are flashed here and there.

Hoya practically breathes on Bomi’s face and it seems she shift slightly uncomfortable.

“And you, fake Romeo! Get lost!” Woohyun dramatically shouts at Jihoon and ushers him to be out of the stage, despite the giant’s grumbles. Hoya already draws back his body and watches how red Jihoon’s face, maybe as red as his own.

“Umm,”

“I will leave you guys, you two deserve a peaceful moment alone.” Chorong beats whatever Hoya wants to say, glaring at him subtly. “Come, father of Romeo, we should give them no interruption to be alone together.”

Hoya flashes a begging look toward Woohyun. The latter slyly ignores Hoya’s pleading look and gives him smirk instead. Woohyun walks in ease to the closed curtain together with his accomplice Park Chorong. Bastard!

Hoya forces himself to look at Bomi and he’s just noticed how beautiful Yoon Bomi looks right now. The make-up suits her perfectly and the way she forces to keep her eyes shut despite the chaos is adorable.

Yoon Bomi is adorable, Lee Howon (almost) can’t resist the temptation of her plump lips.

He swallows a big gulp, and then begins reciting his part, slightly nervous at the first.

“Oh my dear Juliet,”

There are coos of oooh and how sweet of him and look at them being adorable together from the audience that Hoya can hear clearly. He still can’t decide whether he should take that as compliment or offensive thing because he’s busy thinking hard what he should say next (and that’s really difficult when your eyes can’t take off the beautiful laying figure with her forced-shut eyes and tempting lips making your brain suddenly stops all kind of its function). Hoya mentally slaps himself for thinking inappropriate thing in this kind of situation.

“People can’t accept our eternal love in this world, but God says otherwise.” He can hear how nervous his voice is, because now the audience is dead silent—watching him with their hawk stare. Hoya gulps. “And because we’ve promised to be each other; in sickness or death, please allow me to kiss your lips before I join you in afterlife, my beautiful Juliet.”

When he bends his back, leaning in toward sleeping Bomi, Hoya expects the nosy audience will be back alive only to find they’re still in silence—watching every move he makes, making him sweat even though the air conditioner right above him is in full blast.

“I’m sorry, Bomi-ssi,” He whispers when their lips are almost touching. “They all watch me like a herd of hungry lion, I need to kiss you real, please forgive me-“

He almost has a heart attack!

Right after Lee Howon finished his apology plus asking her permission subtly, Yoon Bomi is the one who brings herself closer and kisses him first.

The deafening cheer is too much and makes him dizzy, even until the curtain’s closed down, people still yell cheerfully.

Hoya is still stunned, doesn’t care about the thunder-loud noise and repetitive hard smacks from Woohyun on his shoulder or unappreciative whistles—all of them become blurry in his vision as he can only see a particular back retreating from the stage, going away from him.

*