The Jealousy

The Last Chu for Mr. Romeo
 
 

There’s something Hoya feels out of place. Although his popularity rocketing away in Woollim High since Ho-Mi’s first incident (or declaration, as in Woohyun’s preference), it’s unusual for him to have other students whisper something right before his eyes. Even the guys in his soccer and dance club aren’t afraid doing that thing provocatively.

“What ashamed.” He hears Kim Dongjun, one of his soccer team members, snickers while looking at him walking toward his locker. Although Dongjun keeps his voice low for Kim Kyungjae, Hoya still can hear it too clearly.

Hoya grits his teeth, feels like gonna explode any second.

“Yeah, that’s too bad.” Kyungjae replies at the same tone as Dongjun’s. “She’s cute though.”

She?

Cute?

Like, what the heck?!

“They think it’s unfair that they couldn’t dance with Bomi for the party.” Woohyun gladly explains the current situation when they get a break from soccer’s practice. “You know, because she will dance with you, of course.”

It is a general knowledge that every year Woollim High throws anniversary party they will have couple dance session as the highlight of the event. That is the tradition that they proud of, and somehow Hoya just realizes he suddenly feels like enrolling to High School Musical.

“What?” Hoya makes a face. “We are on play together doesn’t mean we have to dance together.” He sneers.

Woohyun stares at his best—dumb—friend with an amused expression before letting out a fit of laughter.

“I think you are misunderstood, my friend.” Although Hoya knows he isn’t gonna like what he will listen to, he still lets Woohyun continues his speech. “It’s because you two are together, then you are on play together, silly. Of course you have to take her to dance at that night. That’s what boyfriends do to their girlfriends, oh my dumb friend.”

Hoya is in rage. He’s never expected his best friend to come this far. First of all, they are not together (so Lee Howon is not a boyfriend of Yoon Bomi), and second of all, he is not dumb.

“Cut it out, Nam! You know we are not together!”

Seeing his friend mad, Woohyun only makes an expression which mixed of hurt and disbelief.

“What?” He scoffs. “So you’re not gonna get mad if she dances with other boys?”

“Of course not!” Hoya snaps instantly.

(too fast, my friend, too fast)

*