The Bravery

The Last Chu for Mr. Romeo
 
 

It takes a quite amount of scolding/shouting from Mrs. Han Seungyeon before Hoya finally gets her permission. He knows he deserves the scolding/shouting, as much as he knows he should do something—at last!—to give himself a proper act of responsibility.

“Oh my God, Hoya! What is going on your brain actually?!” The teacher still doesn’t finish her lecture as shaking her head in helplessly disbelief. “Do you even memorize the dialogue? Last time you practiced it’s nothing much rather than stutters and confusion!”

Lee Howon, in fact, remembers every lines the Romeo should say because although he didn’t practice anymore for the play, he always recites the dialogue in the bathroom, before he sleeps, anywhere he could say it out loud without people could judge him being idiot talking by himself.

And now, the second great obstacle is the intimidating tough guy whose towering height makes him looking stronger than Hoya himself. Even from afar, Pyo Jihoon is being styled by the drama staff still looks scary. That giant is standing stiffly as Im Jinah once again checks his prince’s costume.

Hoya gulps.

Maybe it’s better for me to let it flow as it is.

“Having a second thought, Mr. Fickle?”

Chorong voices out a low, dangerous whisper behind his back, which makes Hoya literally jumps quiet high and embarrasses himself. He turns around and glares at the said girl, but she already sends him a menacing look. He doesn’t last two seconds for glaring at her and grins meekly instead.

“I, uuh, you know, Park Chorong, I can’t believe anyone who dares to confront Pyo Jihoon will come out okay?” Hoya says in a hush voice, hand flying to rub his neck out of awkwardness.

He doesn’t like it when Chorong only gives him a smirk.

“Let’s find out that, shall we?”

Gulp.

BIG GULP!

Right! If he has enough strength to face this evil witch in front of him, that intimidating giant guy must be easy peasy! Hoya spells his own mantra to give him more courage. He still can feel Chorong’s gaze burning his back as he takes his first step.

You can do it, Lee Howon! Right, Bomi likes me anyway. She’s gonna take my side, isn’t she?

“Excuse me?” Her eyes rounded, shooting him an amused look. “What?”

“Really, Lee Howon? What’s on earth are you talking about?!”

Please note this, Lee Howon or Hoya’s death wish; smack that Namtard for getting him in this mess at the first place.

Hoya wants to look tough—really, he does—but both Bomi and Jihoon in front of him do not make it easy for him. Bomi looks so shocked, she is utterly surprised, and Hoya can also see a glint of laughter in her eyes. This is embarrassing!. While Jihoon, well, judging from his glare, surely he doesn’t like every bits of Hoya’s request.

“Yeah, you know, I, uuh, the Romeo was mine first anyway, right?”

Jihoon snorts, unimpressed. “Don’t talk about bull like who’s first if you’re not going to be there ‘til the end.” Suddenly his standing figure is like becoming taller and taller for multiple times.

“Howon-ah, what happened? Are you serious?” Bomi chimes in, looking at him like some doctors doubting their patient’s mental health.

That is humiliating.

Hoya gulps before starting his speech. “I know I was wrong, but now I want to make it right. Although—stop it, Pyo Jihoon, let me finish—it may sound crazy, but I have to do this. To, emm, pay all of my stupidity back then. And I am truly sorry toward you, Bomi-ah. I’m sorry—"

“Cut it out! The play is gonna start any minutes now!” Jihoon barks, still looks unimpressed.

“I haven’t finished it yet!”

Sometimes, Lee Howon can truly be stubborn if he wishes to.

The two guys glare at each other with the same amount of dislike, and Bomi can only watch the scene unveils in front of her, she feels like she’s already in the drama script now. She begins to look uneasy when suddenly Hoya turns his head and looks at her.

“Bomi-ah, I’m very—”

“Alright, peeps! Gather up! We’ll do a small briefing before jump out of the stage!”

Hoya can never finish his sentence because Jung Jinyoung—the drama coordinator—already yelled and made the actors to surround him. Jihoon, with his smug look, throws a smirk of victory toward the poor guy as he walks away. But at least Bomi gives him the brightest eyes before she walks away too, mouthing something Hoya can’t register to his brain.

See… uuh, what’s that? You… later, yep, see you later! She has sent him a signal of see you later, but wait! How long will the later be?!

Struck in his own mind, Hoya doesn’t notice someone appears beside him, sneakily.

“Follow me, Hoya!”

“Oh my God you just scare me!” What’s wrong with all the girls here with their habit to make people jump in shock with their sudden appearance?! And was that low whisper necessary?!

“It was, Hoya.” Im Jinah, or Nana, the one who is in charge for the play’s costumes, deadpans. “C’mon, don’t be a sissy and follow me!” She flicks her tongue and leaves first, expecting the guy to tail behind her.

Which Hoya does. Although with so much confusion and strange feeling as he hears the tall girl hums in delight.

“I’m happy I took Woohyun’s prediction about this.” Nana skips happily. “He knew this would happen!”

 

*

 

 

 

AN. aaah finally! it will end soon! thank you for all your patience to bear with me haha.

isn't the poster pretty? *^* i really love it! let's spread homi love together! xoxo