The Beginning

The Last Chu for Mr. Romeo
 
 

“Lee Howon is gonna be the Romeo.”

Jackpot.

.

.

.

“Yah Hoya, congratulation! You got that Romeo, man!”

Blank, no response, cringe.

“Why me?” And whining.

Shrugging off.

“Maybe because it’s Bomi who will be the Juliet?” And teasing.

Staring. Glaring.

.

.

.

.

No, this is BAD!

 

*

 

School’s year end, no one is quite clear about what’s going on beside festival, parties, and more festival and parties. Woollim High is on its packed schedule for this year end. And Lee Howon or known as Hoya still can’t get how―and when―he got the lead role of school drama instead of the real member of theater club. And Yoon Bomi, and about her.

Hoya is sure his school doesn’t give a healthy environment as educational place anymore. How come the whole school believes in shipping a couple like delusional fans do to their idols. Or OTP, whatsoever.

He himself is not even one of famous idol like Big Bang! He is just a normal high school student in his second year and one of Woollim’s soccer team’s members and happens to be kind, gentlemen, and pro-peace person.

“And cold, and distant, and scary.” That’s surely only Nam Woohyun’s subjectively point of view.

And Yoon Bomi? Just one of transfer student who moved from her old school in some village and Hoya happened to help her out at her very first day in Woollim. And he’s kind of regretting it now.

Hoya can’t believe the sanity in his school, for God’s sake he was just offering her to sit beside him because other students seemed unwelcomed to this newcomer―especially because she wasn’t Seoul native citizen. And Hoya isn’t the only one who have given hand to the new face, Woohyun did that too when Park Chorong transferred to Woollim at first grade.

“Chorong and I came from same school before, dude.” Woohyun scoffed. “So what’s your reason for suddenly deciding to ditch me as your seatmate and got her as my substitution?”

“Oh God, did it need a reason? And for heaven’s sake that’s for only one day because you already become my seat buddy again, right?”

How come someone could be this stupid, small-minded, and annoying like Nam Woohyun?! Hoya wondered.

Waving his hand nonchalantly, Woohyun dismissed. “So tell me. Who is she? Your past lover?”

And that is a perfect plot how everything began. How the brainless people at Woollim started to sail the Ho-Mi ship and why people? Because not only students, practically everyone in Woollim is Ho-Mi shipper; teachers, staffs, even the headmaster, Mr. Park Jungmin.

Really?!

Woollim is not like Music Bank and neither both of Hoya and Bomi is a member of idol group who secretly sent a personal signal to each other while singing on stage.

“Not technically singing on stage, but you two practically danced on stage together.”

Anyone could kill that annoying greasy Nam to make the world gets some peace?

It was one weekend when Woollim celebrated the 54th anniversary. Everybody knew how excellent Lee Howon could sweep the stage, but nobody knew the new face (okay, it referred to Yoon Bomi) could dance as graceful as Woollim’s great dancer (Hoya is registered as a member of Woollim dance team also). She was suddenly joining him on stage when Hoya was in the middle of his solo performance. And to see how terrified Bomi’s face was, Hoya knew it must be Woohyun’s thing.

“Fighting Bomi-ssi!” The loud whisper from the backstage was unmistakably Woohyun’s, he pushed Bomi out to the stage. Hoya thought he could deal with that really annoying friend of his later, and for now he had to save both of himself and this blank girl on the stage.

It was really quiet. Like all the audiences watched such horror movie, but when Hoya grabbed Bomi’s hand to swirl her in a graceful move, they suddenly switched the horror movie to the romcom. Their loud cheers―and whistles―almost made Hoya deaf and lost his focus to hold Bomi tightly.

The next scene, however, never came to Hoya’s expectation. Bomi was out of his grip and instead of dropping her own body on the floor, she’s kind of sweeping the floor perfectly. Her move left Hoya in very deep impression.

She’s definitely an incredible dancer.

And Ho-Mi shippers definitely went crazier.

And who is the captain of that illogical ship?! None other than Nam Woohyun himself. Hoya really can’t understand what mess on his friend’s mind. Woohyun practically implies that Hoya is not capable of finding his miss right.

“C’mon, all you do is just kissing that soccer ball for the whole day. Girls can’t really catch your signal of being lonely, man.”

Very well, Nam retard!

“And why does she become my miss right?”

“Because she’s Yoon Bomi.”

“And?”

“And you are Lee Howon.”

And?” Eyebrows rising.

“And that’s it. Cupid loves the rhyme of your names combine together; Ho-Mi.”

Hoya never feels like thousands more idiot than he is now.

 

*