Bambam

Dreamworld (Oneshots)

"Appa! I want to go on that ride!", the 8 year old you pulled on your father's sleeve as you whined to him.

As your father is the CEO of Wonderland, he is a really busy person and he is always rushing here and there for meetings. But finally, he had agreed to bring you along to Wonderland today and he is all ready to explore the place with you.

"My princess want to try that ride? Sure, why not?", your father smiled at you happily and held your hands as you two skipped towards the big Ferris wheel.

"Yay!", you cheered merrily but that happy moment only lasted for a few seconds.

Your father's phone rang just in time and he picked it up without hesitation.

"Yobeoseyo?"

As his conversation continued with the other person who was on the line, his face was gradually forming a frown.

"Ok, I've got it. I will be right back", he then said before he hung up.

"Appa, waegeulae?", you looked back up innocently as you noticed that he had stopped moving.

"_______", he mumbled your name softly,

"Mianhae, appa can't accompany you again today. Some things came up at work and I have to get back to the office now", he apologized and gave you a soft pat on your head.

"Here, show this pass to the staff and you will get to enjoy everything here ok?", he handed the pass before you saw him slowly disappearing before your eyes.

"Appa..."

-
-
-

You have been sitting at the same place where your father had left you for almost an hour. During the past hour, you have totally lost count of the number of times you have cried. You kept looking at the pass in your hands dejectedly and you cried each time you remembered your father's words.

He will never keep his promise, you thought as a drop of tear rolled down your cheek again.

"O! What is that?", it was then a voice caught your attention.

You looked up to see a boy around your age, smiling brightly at you and pointing at the pass that was in your hands.

But once he met your eyes, his smile faded.

"Omo! Why are you crying? Did I say something wrong?", he looked at you worriedly.

But you cried even harder suddenly.

"Uljima... This is for you", he said again as he caressed your hair gently.

A lollipop is placed on your palm now and you found him staring at you intently.

After you calmed down, you finally gave him weak smile.

"Yay! You are smiling again!", his face lit up when he saw your smile.

"So are you ready for some fun now?"

You studied his face blankly.

With that, he held onto your hand and dragged you along to the Ferris wheel.

-
-
-

"Woah!", he was pretty amazed by the sight of the city as you guys boarded the Ferris wheel.

It was also your first time on the ride ironically, although your family owns Wonderland. Your eyes widened as you take in the city's beauty with him.

However, as the ride reached the highest point and it was starting to get a little shaky, you grew frightened.

The boy seemed to notice your tense behavior and he held onto your hand quickly.

"Don't be scared. Just imagine that we are flying!", he chirped and then raised your arms up.

Slowly, you were getting used to it and you started laughing along with him subsequently.

Somehow, his words always make you feel better.

"Wheee~", he screamed once again.

"Anyway, what's your name?", he finally asked you.

You looked at him shyly and replied,

"________."

"Oh nice name you have there! By the way, I'm Kunpimook Bhuwakul, but you can just call me Bambam!"

-
-
-

10 years later,

"_________-ssi! Have you got that hot dog bun done?", the stall owner shouted at you, being quite impatient with your slow-pokiness.

"Ne, in just a jiffy!", you yelled back as you hurried on with the orders.

Although you were the heir to Wonderland, you decided not to follow suit your father's business for now and instead, you decided to just take up a part-time job at one of the booths there. It was not because you didn't want to enjoy your luxurious life, it was just that you had your own reasons and aim.

Right, you are still waiting for the return of the boy who accompanied you for that day - Bambam.

That's why you chose the booth which was closest to the Ferris wheel as that was the main ride you spent the most time with with him.

The sight of it just makes you smile.

"________-SSI?", your boss bellowed again which made you snapped out of your thoughts.

"NE! COMING!!!"

-
-
-

It was now time for you to switch roles and take over the cashier job.

You were about to text your friend to describe your boring day when a young couple around your age walked towards your booth.

You stuffed your phone back into your pocket quickly and attended to them.

"Annyeonghaseyo! What would you guys like to eat?", you asked politely.

The boy only looked at the girl and asked.

"Jimin-a, what do you want?"

"Erm... Give me a hotdog bun!", she smiled at you.

"In that case, same for me as well!", the boy then said.

The boy had a charming smile and you were truly mesmerized by how handsome he had looked, but the thought of Bambam soon made you discard that idea.

When the couple's orders were ready, you passed them their food and the boy gave you a 10 dollars bill and just left.

"Excuse me Sir!", you shouted behind him but only the girl heard it.

"YA BAMBAM! You forgot your change!", she smacked his head as she pointed him towards your direction.

The boy then ran back to you immediately and got his change back from your hands.

"Sorry and thanks!", he didn't forget to give you a wink before he jogged off to join the girl again.

You were left in a daze for a while.

But wait.

WHAT?!

BAMBAM?!

"SAJANGNIM! I need to leave for a while! I will be right back!", you took off your apron and ran out of the booth right away.

"YA! ________-SSI!"

-
-
-

You were creeping behind the two all this while. You were elated that you have finally met Bambam but what saddened you now was that he had a girlfriend.

The corners of your mouth drooped downwards as you saw the two making their way to the Ghost House. You were still right on their tails when a group of tourists suddenly appeared before you.

"All under CTC tour, please follow me", the tour guide instructed.

You held your breath and jostled your way through them immediately but when you finally made your way out, you have lost sight of them.

Dejected, you hung your head low and slumped your shoulders.

"Why are you following us?", you suddenly felt a tap on your shoulder and it made you jumped.

"Kkamjjag-iya!"

You turned back, only to come face to face with Bambam.

"! I got busted!", you muttered under your breath before your head spun for excuses.

"Sorry?"

He was still waiting for your answer.

"Erm...", your voice trailed,

"Mianhada! I collected your bill just now and I realized that I'm still short of 10 cents for your change! So here you go!", you couldn't think of a better excuse as you got the coins out of your pocket desperately. You couldn't possibly admit to him that you were indeed following him right?!

He chuckled at your behavior and soon started laughter heartily.

"So you came after me just because of this 10 cents?", he asked.

You nodded your head embarrassedly.

"Hahahaha well, you are so cute! Thanks a lot then and see you!", he then ruffled your hair before leaving.

So long, Bambam~ You watched him as he disappeared into the Ghost House, with the girl who was waiting for him at the entrance.

-
-
-

You yawned from the long and tiring day.

You will be able to knock off once you are done with cleaning up the booth. You thought of the reunion with Bambam today and you smiled feebly.

He had grown into a charming young man from the last time you saw him and his smile never fails to make you happy too. However, he is attached now. Your face fell right at the thought of it as you cleaned the booth roughly.

"Hey! Are you knocking off soon?", a voice then shocked you.

When you turned around, you were even more stunned to see Bambam facing you, with his big round eyes staring into yours.

"If you are done, let's go!", he said again as he came in and grabbed your arm.

"Mwo?!", you were taken aback by his reaction and you shook his grasp off you instantaneously.

"What's wrong?", he looked back at your with concern when he saw you reacting like this.

You cleared your throat before you spoke again.

"W-what are you d-doing here? Aren't you s-suppose to be with your g-girlfriend?", you let those words out of your mouth.

He furrowed his eyebrows at your words but his lips soon curled up subsequently when he realized what you were getting at.

"Nah... Jimin is just my friend."

You looked back up at him immediately when you heard him. You couldn't hide your smile this time.

So, he doesn't have a girlfriend?, you thought.

"So... Are you free to come along with me now, _______-ssi?", he squinted his eyes at your name tag and addressed you by your name.

"NE!", you beamed.

With that being said, he intertwined his hand with yours.

"Let's get onto that ride! I missed it so much! Oh and by the way, I'm Kunpimook Bhuwakul, but you can just call me Bambam!", he shot you a charming smile and said as he led you back towards the Ferris wheel.