Youngjae

Dreamworld (Oneshots)

It is a Sunday, which is supposedly a holiday, but you are here all alone for your weekend job. As you need to save up in order to buy yourself one of your favourite kpop group, GOT7's fan meet tickets, you had no choice but to work at this Dak galbi store which offers a rather high pay. 

After doing a few stretches with your body, you placed the big chicken head over your head and started with giving out the flyers. 

"Fresh and tasty Dak galbi here! Please patronize our stall!", you shouted.

-
-
-


"CUT!", Nam PD rolled his eyes irritatedly and pointed at him only out of all the other members, 

"Yah Choi Youngjae, neo nawa,"

Upon hearing this sentence, Youngjae  knew that he was in for it. But nonetheless, he swallowed his saliva hard and made his way to PD-nim as fast as possible. 

"What's the problem with you today?", Nam PD was clear cut with his words,

"Why is it that for the past two hours, I still couldn't get a perfect shot from you and Nayeon?", the more he talked, the more agitated he got.

However, Youngjae could only cringe at the mention of her name. 

"PD-nim, mianhae... I just can't bring myself to share any chemistry with Nayeon noona,"

As a matter of fact, when GOT7 first found out that the female lead in their MV was going to be Nayeon, the group flipped. They were jolly well aware that Youngjae and Nayeon has never been on good terms ever since she joined the company. The two would always have conflicting ideas and Youngjae especially hates it whenever she sticks around his hyungs. 

Seeming rather displeased with his answer, Nam PD massaged his temples, took off his glasses and threw it over at the other side of the table.

"So, is that even my problem?", he narrowed his eyes at Youngjae and questioned, 

"You know what, Youngjae-ssi? I think that we should call it a day now. Let JYP know that I'm sorry and tell him to find someone else to work on this MV. I can't bring myself to work with such an unprofessional artist like you!", he scoffed.

Just as he was about to storm off in anger, Youngjae reached out for his hand and stopped him.

"Sorry to be rude but PD-nim, is it possible for us to change the female lead?"
"Heol,"
"I know that this is an insane request but what if I can see myself doing better without HER?", he cooed.

Surprised by this comment of his, Nam PD now looked up to face him. 

"Dude, you said this yourself alright? If you can't leave up to your promise, I'm so outta here," he paused and then took a glance at his watch, 

"I will give you an hour for this. You better sort this out nicely, I'm telling you,"
"Kamsahabnida,"

-
-
-

"Dahyun-ah~ Please help oppa e? I need you to cameo in our MV instead," he was even doing his aegyo to get the help out of his dongsaeng now. 

However, being in the same group as Nayeon, Dahyun couldn't possibly betray her unnie and take up Youngjae's offer. Pushing his hands away from her, Dahyun said to him apologetically, 

"Oppa, mianhada. I feel that you shouldn't talk the other TWICE members into this. Nayeon unnie wouldn't be happy to hear this,"
"But-"
"Youngjae-ah", it was then JB who appeared from his back and he first gestured Dahyun to proceed on to her next schedule before he turned to Youngjae.

"HYUNG!", Youngjae seemed really flustered as he saw his only hope turning away.

"Don't put Dahyun into such dilemma alright?", JB patted on Youngjae's shoulder, 

"That's why you really shouldn't have talked back at PD-nim. You see the consequence now?"

Youngjae only lowered his head in agony. 

"Eoteokkke,"
"Come on, you still have 45 minutes, I'm sure that you can do better than this!"

-
-
-

It was 45 minutes back then but the last time Youngjae checked his watch, he was only left with 15 minutes. Feeling rather flustered that he couldn't complete his mission within the allocated time, Youngjae ran his hand through his fingers and kicked whatever things that was in his way. 

He was walking aimlessly such that he did not even realise that a huge figure was standing before him. 

"Ouch,"
"Oops mianhae,"

While you were saying this, you had already fallen onto the ground. Attempting to crawl to the other person whom you have knocked down to check on him, your eyes widened almost immediately once your eyes came into contact with his.

It is HIM! Choi Youngjae from GOT7!!! 

You were so flustered by his sudden appearance that before even helping him up, you held out a flyer to him and said without thinking, 

"Chicken for you?"

Initially, he was groaning in pain but when he saw your action, he stopped. You could notice that his frown was slowly disappearing and a smile quickly flickered across his face. In a few seconds time, he broke into laughter. 

This left you all confused but not knowing how to react, you laughed along with him. 

"What are laughing about?", he asked.
"Molla, it's probably just funny watching you laugh,"
"Hmm?", Youngjae raised an eyebrow at you. 

"Oppa, I don't really fancy this type of meeting but still, I'm happy to finally meet you,"
"Eh? You know me?"
"Ne, Youngjae oppa, I'm a huge fan of GOT7!", you chirped happily which made him smile. 

However, his smile died down shortly after.

"I'm sorry to make you see me in such a mess today though,"

You flinched when he suddenly confessed this to you.

"What's the matter oppa? You sound sad,"

He only gave a sigh before lowering down his head to face the ground.

"I'm afraid that I might disappoint the company and the other members today. Sometimes, I really do feel as though I'm an extra and that I always ask for unnecessary things. I should have just put up with her and stick with the original plan..."
"Sorry to ask, but is this got to do with Nayeon unnie again?"

His eyes were literally bulging out when he heard you mentioning that.

"How in the world did you-"
"'Cos only Nayeon unnie is capable of pissing off woori Youngjae oppa~", I cackled. 

"Hahaha. You know me well girl," he did a fist pump with you,

"And now, let oppa take a good look at you,"

With that being said, he tried to lift up the humongous chicken head from your head but you refused.

You can't possibly reveal yourself to him considering the state that you are in now.

"Andwae-ji oppa!"
"Come on, just a quick look will do~"
"Andwae!!!"

Needless to say, Youngjae of course possess more strength as compared to you and so, he eventually managed to get that obstacle off from your head. 

But, the moment he saw your face, he gulped and he couldn't bring himself to say any word.

"Oppa," you immediately turned away from him shyly but it was then he held onto your hand. 

"I-"
"CUT!"

Both of you were stunned by this sudden call and turning to face the intruders, you choked on your own saliva when you saw the rest of GOT7   was standing in front of you guys now. 

A few seconds later, a man in his early forties then walked towards you and handed you a small envelope. 

"Here's your little reward young lady and Youngjae-ssi," he turned to face Youngjae, 

"I shall take back my words. I'm glad that you didn't let me down. Anyway, let's wrap this up guys," 

"Youngjae-ah, ppal-li wa~", and now, you could even make out Mark oppa asking for Youngjae to join them soon. 

Staying still at the same spot, your mouth gaped open as you couldn't believe your sight. 

What just happened?

"Say, what's your name, ergh... Chicky?", it was then Youngjae who broke your thoughts and poked your head as he gradually stood up from the ground.

"Eh... Joneun _______ ibnida,"
"I s-see. N-nice name", you heard him stutter,

"A-anyway, it was really nice talking to you. I g-guess I w-will see you next time then, _______-ssi,"
"Ne,"
"T-take c-care!"
"Erm, s-same to you!"

With that, you waved him goodbye and his back slowly disappeared back into the crowd. 

-
-
-

One month later, 

You were walking along the streets with your earpiece plugged in and your phone in your hands. Today finally marks the MV release of 'Neoran Girl', the one which you appeared in alongside with Youngjae. 

As the music played in your head, you couldn't help but smile. It kind of brought back those memories of yours and you realised that you missed Youngjae so much. 

Although it was only a short encounter with him, you felt that you have already share this special bond with him. 

You were so into the music video that you didn't pay any attention to your front, causing you to collide with the mascot who was in your way. 

"Chicken for you?", surprisingly, the mascot teased and as he slowly took off the head, you gasped right when you found out about his true identity. 

"Nice to meet you again, ______-ssi," he beamed and held onto your hand almost immediately, 

"I was hoping that you would drop by here to reminiscence our moment and I'm glad that you did,"
"I didn't-"
"Come on in, let's get the chicken party started, neoran girl,"

And with that, he led you back into the Dak galbi store which you used to work at and the rest, it's left for you to imagine. (: