Youngjae

Dreamworld (Oneshots)

"Sister Mary, where can I find Bambam?", you asked as you shoved your bag into the shelf near the reception counter.

"The boys are at the music room!", Sister Mary replied,

"Oh, and someone asked me to pass this to you in case you drop by."

She handed you a small keychain of a treble cleft.

-
-
-

This place hasn't change at all, you thought as you felt the pillars along the corridor.

Although you have already stepped into the work life society, you are still helping out here, and the children here really enjoy your company.

Just as you were reminiscing the moments of your stay here, you heard a familiar melody playing from the music room at the front, which caused you to stop in your tracks.

Forever Young Shawty Forever Young
Forever Young Shawty Forever Young
Forever Young Shawty Forever Young
Forever Young Shawty Forever Young
...
It was when the music stopped that you finally snapped back into reality.

You felt for the treble cleft keychain in your pocket and studied it carefully.

Seol ma...

You ran towards the music room instantly and opened the door forcefully.

The kids were all staring at you with a questionable look but you were just busy scanning every nook and cranny of the room for him.

"Noona, who are you looking for?", a small little boy then tugged at your arm and smiled with twinkling eyes.

"Bambam, was someone playing the piano and singing just now?", you shook his shoulders frantically as you were desperate for the answer.

"Ow noona, it hurts!", he swept your hands off from his shoulder and then continued,

"Ne, hyung was here to sing for us again! Did you hear him? He's awesome!", he threw you a thumbs up sign.

Your heart skipped a beat when you realized that you didn't hear it wrong.

"Where did he go?", you asked again.

Bambam scratched his head.

"I think he left by the back door right-". You did not wait for him to finish his words before you exit through the backdoor.

Choi Youngjae, wait for me, your heart screamed.

*FLASHBACK*
"AHHHHHHH", you screamed as you laid back on the huge grass patch.

"Yah! Quiet there! Other people are looking at us!", Youngjae covered your mouth and gave you an embarrassed look.

It was your first date with him since he just confessed to you. He had brought you to the park to have a picnic.

"No need to be shy there Youngjae-a, you will have to get used to this since you chose to be with me", you gave him a sly smile.

"Anyway, what have you prepared for me today?", you asked as you placed a slice of bread into his mouth.

Trying to swallow down the bread quickly, Youngjae forced the remaining into his mouth and brought out his guitar in the process.

"OMO! What is this?", your face lit up at the sight of the guitar.

"I have composed this song, specially for you."
With that, he began singing.

Forever Young Shawty Forever Young
Forever Young Shawty Forever Young
Forever Young Shawty Forever Young
Forever Young Shawty Forever Young

Your eyes that saw me for the first time
In them, I saw a number of stars
They were following me in a funny way that day
So, why, on that day
Couldn’t I forget about you, in that moment
The day the shining you, came towards me
To me you’re the Best of the Best no one I ever had
I’ll give you a gift, So I won’t regret
Miss you I really miss you
If you’re still not bored of me I’ll sing a song for you
Turn the radio o-o-on
Turn the radio o-o-on
Miss you I really miss you
So that you’ll be able to think of me, I’ll sing for you
Turn the radio o-o-on
Turn the radio o-o-on
Cuz I wanna be
Forever Young
This moment that’s just ours
Forever Young
I don’t want to let itget away
Forever Young
Woo Baby Woo Woo Baby Woo Woo Baby
Cuz I wanna be
Forever Young
You and I, just as we are
Forever Young
Even if time passes by
Forever Young
Forever Young
Woo baby Woo Woo Baby Woo Woo Baby
Forever you’re my shawty
Forever you’re my shawty
Place me in your heart the way the night keeps the stars
With your eyes
And your smile
They melt me, and make me more excited
Come to me just like that and
Feel me and this beautiful night
Hey shawty
I wanna be with you forever young
No matter how I look at it you’re ma baby girl
Listen to me baby
Can you hear my heart that says it loves you?
Embrace my sincerity towards you
Just be my side, just like this.

-
-
-

Youngjae held onto your hand as he led you to the mini playground at the back of the orphanage.

Someone had left you outside the orphanage when you were just a newborn and this place was where you have grown up at ever since. More to more, it was the place where it brought him to you.

Youngjae was not an orphan there. His house was actually just across the street from the orphanage and that was why he would drop by sometimes to play with you. As the years goes by, he then subscribed as a volunteer there and eventually, your relationship with him blossomed.

"______...", Youngjae mumbled your name as he ran this fingers through his hair.

Both of you were sitting on the different slides now and you looked at him with concern.

"What's wrong?"

You felt for his hands and tried to console him but he suddenly swept your hands away forcefully.

"Stop! Stop it!", he bellowed, which left you a little stunned by his rough act.

"Stop being nice to me!", he shouted yet again.

You looked all confused by his sudden reaction, but in your heart, you do know that something felt weird.

"Let's breakup." That was when he said it.

"I have never love you and I never will", his words were hurting you bit by bit but you didn't really want to accept the fact.

"Tell me that you are just kidding!", you looked at your phone,

"Today is not even 1st April! Why are you playing such a joke on me?", you laughed at him as you flicked his forehead playfully.

He caught your hands and when you met his eyes, he looked dead serious.

"I'm not joking." He said in a stern tone.

You stared at him blankly and soon frowned at his words. You loosened his grip from your hands and looked down onto the ground.

"Can you just tell me that you are?", you whispered softly, but enough for him to hear you.

From the corner of your eyes, you noticed that he was rubbing something off his eyes before he answered you.

"Look ______... There are just some things in life that you can't force a person to do. Initially, I did thought that I really liked you and that's why I asked you out. But as time went by, I realized that I was just making use of you. I just want a company. That's all!"

"Why? Why do you have to do this to me? Did I do anything wrong", you started holding on to his arms, demanding an answer.

"Do you really want me to say it?"

You nodded your head frantically.

"Everything was just out of pity", he paused,

"I dated you because I pitied you. I pitied you because you have no parents."

He nailed it.

He pitied me, because I have no parents... Yes, because I'm an orphan. I can't fit him.

A salty fluid then dripped over your small, cracked lips. Your knees buckled as the rough ground collided with your knees.

"I guess we are equal now?"

He stood up from his seat and gave you one last look before he left.

And ever since that day, you never see him again. It seemed like he have decided to step out from your life entirely.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

You chased all the way until you reached the mini playground at the backyard once again.

A figure was now seen squatting down next to a tree. Although his back was facing you, you could still recognize him.

He had blond hair now and he looked like he was digging for something.

You decided to wait quietly behind him.

Shortly after, he pulled out a box from underground and took out another small keychain of the treble cleft.

His face brightened when he saw that the keychain was still there and it was just a moment of seconds when you noticed hot tears streaming down his cheeks.

Opening up your palm, you studied the other new keychain of the treble cleft that was lying on it.

"CHOI YOUNGJAE!", you finally called out.

As he turned slowly, you were already racing towards him and you fell into his embrace.

"Yah! Where have you been to all these years?", you vented out your anger and pounded on his chest. You were also crying now but they were tears of joy. You were crying with sheer happiness and relief that he finally appeared in front of you again.

"Uljima...", that was the first word that came out from his mouth after the three years as he wiped the tears off your face with his soiled hands.

"Oops!", he chuckled when he noticed that he was putting on more dirt on your face but you didn't really care.

Instead, you stared intently into his eyes and asked sadly,

"Why did you disappear all of a sudden after breaking up with me? Am I really such a burden and nuisance to you? If I am, then why are you digging up those memories?" You pointed at the box he had just dug up and showed him the keychain you were holding on to.

Youngjae led you to the slide to settle down before he begin.

"______, I lied. I lied about my feelings towards you", he sighed before turning to face you proper.

"Three years back, I have never meant to leave you in the first place... I felt so sorry for hurting you... I just want to let you know, you are the second most important person after my parents and my feelings for you were true. However, something came up at home. My dad went bankrupt and he left my mum and I with huge debts, forcing us to move out from our house at the same time. I don't want you to see this side of me and to suffer along with me, so I decided to lie and breakup with you. My mum and I even went into the extent of having to wander along the streets for a few days until our part time jobs provided sufficient funds for us to rent a house. When our financial status was finally stabilized, I had wanted to find you but the school then informed me that they have offered me a scholarship and will be sending me off to study abroad. I didn't want to give you false hope again and I thought that it would be better if I return to you after some accomplishment, so I took up their offer. This marks my last year there and it's barely a month till my graduation but...", he suddenly broke into tears as he spoke.

You immediately offered him your handkerchief and pat on his back gently.

"But I'm on a compassion leave from school now... Back here for my mum's funeral service...", he choked on his tears.

Your eyes widened at his words and you brought him in for a hug right away.

"Youngjae-a...", you trailed as you caressed his hair.

He rested his chin on your shoulder and both of you stayed quiet for a while.

"______, I'm left with no one now... I know that I'm asking too much from you but can you please, please stay with me?", he then whispered feebly into your ears.

You thought for a moment and then closed your eyes.

"I have never once left you, Youngjae-a...", you replied as you tightened your arms around him.

"I love you", the two of you said and smiled at the same time with your foreheads leaning against each other.

"It's great having you back..."