Mark

Dreamworld (Oneshots)

Taking a glance at your watch, you cursed under your breath as you ran and searched for Belt 23.

", I'm so going to get into trouble with Jackson afterwards!"

You were supposed to be there at the airport early to fetch your best friend, Jackson Wang, who just came back from studying abroad. However, it seems like you're running late.

Ohmy, it's at the other end of the terminal, you saw the signboard and continued to charge at full speed.

However, standing before you now was a group of people and they were all chanting for some idol's name.

"MARK! MARK! MARK!", one of them shouted into your ear and you quickly darted away from her.

"Mianhae, excuse me...", you apologized as you continued to squeeze past them. The cheers grew wilder and you were sandwiched between more fans just halfway through your journey out.

As you jostled for space, you noticed a tall slender guy, who was in shades and wearing a cap, strutting and waving to the swarm of fans who were all around you as he made his way through.

"OPPAAAAAAAA"

"OPPPPPAAAAA SARANGHAEYO!"

The fans continued screaming and waving frantically to get that guy's attention.

Come on, I can do it. Just a few more people and I will get to the other end.

Just as you were about to make it through, a force suddenly pushed you from the back, causing you to lose your balance and fall towards the front.

"OMONA!", you screamed and closed your eyes as you fell forward.

Plonk.

You opened your eyes, only to see that you were lying on top of him.

That guy.

As your eyes circled around, you could already see a lot of fans giving you death glares.

"Are you alright?", a voice brought you back to attention.

You met his eyes and you immediately stood up from him.

"Thanks and sorry!", you gave a quick reply before you scurried off.

***

"Erm Miss, YOUR PHONE!", Mark Tuan noticed the phone that was lying on the ground and he attempted to call after you but to no avail. You were already no longer in his sight. As the security officers supported him up from the ground, the fans continued to crowd around him.

"Oppa, gwaechah-ayo?"

"Are you hurt anywhere?"

The fans asked worriedly.

Mark just flashed them a smile and bowed at them before he got into the van.

Once he had settled down, he looked back at the phone that was in his hands and pressed on a few buttons.

***

As you panted hard while you run, you could make out that Jackson was already standing outside the arrival hall, looking annoyed.

He had his arms folded across his chest and his foot was tapping impatiently on the ground as he talked on the phone.

"JACKSON-A!", you yelled happily and hugged him once you saw him.

However, he was on the phone and he seems to be heated up in the conversation.

"YA! SO YOU WERE THE REASON WHY ______ ENDED UP LATE?! I can't believe this", he shouted into the phone and scorned at you,

"I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT YOU DIDN'T TELL ME THAT YOU HAD A BOYFRIEND!"

You battered your eyelids innocently.

What is he talking about?

"I don't even have a boyfriend!", you denied.

As you furrowed your eyebrows at him, his lips then started to curl up.

"See, I don't think that _____ deserves you at all, she's even denying the fact that you are her boyfriend. Bro, I think that you need to rethink about your choice again~"

"Who are you talking to you?", you finally asked as the whole situation was getting out of hand.

Jackson then leaned towards you.

"Your boyfriend? Apparently, you left your phone with him and-"

"What?", you cut him off before he could continue.

Feeling for both of your pockets, it was then that you realized that you have lost your phone.

"Yoboseyo?", you snatched over Jackson's phone and spoke to the other person who was on the line.

"Did you happen to pick up my phone?"

However, the person only chuckled.

"So, your name is _______...", he had a deep voice and it sounded quite familiar to you.

THE GUY WHOM I BUMPED INTO JUST NOW!

"Are you alright?"

Yes, correct! It was that same deep husky voice!

"Hi, sorry but can I meet you up to get my phone back? I'm sorry to trouble you!", you said quickly.

The guy then told you that he will send his assistant over to pass you your phone.

So, you waited with Jackson until the person finally showed up.

"Sorry, but are you _____-ssi?", the assistant asked.

You nodded at him and he passed you back your phone. It was then when you noticed that you had an unread message.

From: unknown

Hi _____-ssi~ Hope that you have gotten back your phone safely. Anyway, I left you some special sum sum~"

-
-
-

Jackson and you are now at a nearby cafe.

"So, you are really telling me that he's not your boyfriend?", Jackson gave you a dubious look and narrowed his eyes at you.

While stirring your hot chocolate drink, you shot him a glare.

"Of course not! And I can't believe that you were so rude to a complete stranger!", you shook your head at him disapprovingly.

His face then turned red from embarrassment and changed the topic quickly to target you instead.

"Anyway, he said that he left you with some special sum sum~ What's it?"

You shrugged your shoulders at him. Yeah, it's true that he did mention it in his message but you couldn't figure out what was it. Anyway, how in the world did he get my phone number?

Jackson then kicked your leg to get your attention.

"Hello~ Are you listening?"

"Err... Yes? But I have no idea what he meant."

"Ya, pass me your phone! Let the smart Alec piece it up for you!"

Jackson then studied your phone and you ate another slice of tiramisu cake to pass the time.

It shocked you when Jackson stood up from his seat all of a sudden and exclaimed across the entire cafe.

"OH MY GOD! ______, YOU WON'T BELIEVE IT!"

"WHAT?!", you answered immediately and tried to pull him down.

"HE'S MARK TUAN! MARK TUAN FROM THE ROOKIE KPOP GROUP !!!", he was now flashing you your phone, with some selcas that Mark have probably took himself and left behind.

Oh, so those were the 'special sum sum' he was talking about...

-
-
-

Mark laid back on his seat as he thought of the reaction _____ might have when she finally sees his pictures.

She must be taken by surprise.

I wonder if she has seen it yet, he thought.

As he was typing another message to send to you, Mark's manager passed a folder to him.

"Mark-ssi, I have prepared the venue of your home stay as we will be filming a show to show how you relate with your fans usually. The address is as stated below."

-
-
-

As you trudged home wearily after parting with Jackson, your phone vibrated again in your pocket.

Aishhhhh. What's wrong with this guy?

It was another message from that Mark.

From: unknown

Hey girl! Have you figured out who am I already? :D

Honestly speaking, although Jackson was pretty much overreacting and all hyped up when he was describing about him just now, you still had no idea who was he. Sorry, but I don't really pay attention to Kpop. Even with his pictures, your mind was totally blank and you couldn't care much about it.

You ignored his message and slid your phone back into your pocket.

As you stuffed your key and opened your house door, you were greeted by confetti and your parents appeared all dressed up in party costumes.

"WELCOME TO OUR HOUSE!", they greeted warmly, but their faces soon fell when they realized that it was just you.

"What's the occasion?", you stared back at them blankly.

However, their faces lit up again when a shiny black car soon came to a stop in front of your house and a tall slender guy stepped out of it.

You turned back only to come face to face with the intruder.

"YOU!"
"YOU!"

The two of you both chorused at the same time.

-
-
-

"Mark-ssi, sorry but we have a small house here. So, you will have to share the same room as _____ for your entire stay here", your mum explained to Mark carefully.

"EOMMA! What did you just say?", you started protesting.

It was already weird and crappy enough to have to share the same house and meal with him already, and now what, my room too?

Your mum then dragged you to one corner.

"Honey, I hope that you will understand... It's a once in a lifetime experience! Did you know that it took me a lot of effort to opt for this opportunity? It's tough to see your own idol up close!"

You shook your head in disbelief.

It doesn't make any sense... My mum is his fan?

-
-
-

You are already sitting on your bed now, preparing to go to sleep when he finally entered.

Without asking for your permission, he headed towards your bed and laid on it right away.

"Hey, what do you think you are doing?", you tried to kick him off the bed but he was too strong for you.

Rolling back on his stomach, he had his palms placed under his chin and he looked at you, smiling with his teeth showing.

"Your mum told me to share the same bed as you too..."

"MWOLAGO?", your eyes widened at him.

He did not reply you as he laid the extra pillow and quilt properly, before lying down next to you.

You were taken aback by his actions but it was then you felt a strong pull and you soon ended up falling onto his chest.

"Now, sleep _____ and stop asking questions", he caressed your hair gently.

You could feel his hot breath blowing onto your skin and it took you a few seconds to respond. You tried to pull away from him but to no avail.

His grip around you got tighter and the lights in your room went out.

"Goodnight, _____", he pressed his lips on your forehead and placed his legs over yours to prevent you from escaping.

Just like this, both of you stayed in each other's embrace as you slowly drifted into sleep.