Chapter Three

The Fakefriend






Suddenly, it was Friday and me and Luhan had gone through our first few days as a couple, shocking people with our hugs and hand-holding. We’d even kissed each other some more on the cheek but never stepped over the line, we could still probably stay on a ‘friendly level’ if there was a scale for how much you touched people that determined your relationship. Sure, me and Luhan at least didn’t look like friends since we gave off the air of lovey-dovey love when we looked at each other but if it was purely based on physical touch, we had been fairly harmless. That would all change, though, and both me and Luhan knew it.

We were walking home again, hand in hand like always, and just like always, we had stalkers. I had started calling them ‘non-believers’ since they obviously was stalking us so that they could see us slip up, say something that would expose our lie. Though what they didn’t know was that I would never lose!

“I’m sorry to bring this up, but I think I have to.” I whispered to Luhan as we made our way to his house.

“What is it?” He asked, looking up at me with his stunning eyes. I tried to ignore them.

“I know that you know it as well as I do,” I whispered, glancing discreetly behind us to hint at the ‘non-believers’.

“Yeah, I know what you mean…” Luhan said “we need to do something drastic, don’t we?”

“Yes.” I told him but I was still not sure exactly what. Exactly what would make those annoying girls get lost for real?

“Well, what are you doing tomorrow?” Luhan asked suddenly. At first, I thought he had changed the subject completely, but then I got his meaning.

“Hmm…” I said, pretending to think “Nothing much. Why?”

“Well, I was thinking, since we’re supposed to be dating, shouldn’t we be seen going on dates?” Luhan looked a little embarrassed saying it, which only made me smile.

“Are you asking me out?” I asked teasingly, enjoying the color he was turning.

“Oh, shut up.” Luhan said “what do you think?”

“Okay, sure.” I said “I’ll be at your house at 4pm.”

tumblr_njznzcIzRK1tfzvjjo1_540.jpgtumblr_njznzcIzRK1tfzvjjo1_540.jpgtumblr_njznzcIzRK1tfzvjjo1_540.jpg

“Should we make the couple next to us really uncomfortable?” I whispered in to Luhan’s ear as we sat next to each other, sharing a popcorn. We had found our way to a new romance movie, being seated amongst couples after couples, all of them straight. The cashier had looked at us weirdly as we’d purchased the ticket but we hadn’t cared. If this type of movie was what couples watched, we need to be doing it too. And since my stalkers had been following us, they also knew what kind of movie we were watching.

“How?” Luhan whispered back to me, both of us bored to our wits.

“Lean on my shoulder.” I told him and he obliged, me getting his hair against my cheek. I took his hand in mine and then put it up to my mouth, kissing it loudly, wanting the people next to us to hear. The girl to Luhan’s right did, looking at us curiously. She was probably seeing a pair of really close friends and wondered why the hell one of them held the other one’s hand to his mouth.

I let my free hand fall around Luhan’s shoulder, keeping him close to me. I would never admit how quick my heart was beating because at the moment, I didn’t think about such things. The only thing I was thinking of was ways to do something that would make the others regret going to this movie.

“Put your arm around my waist.” I told Luhan “Like you’re half-hugging me.”

“Okay.” Luhan said and then I felt his arm there, his hand following close. By now, the guy next to me had moved a little closer to his girlfriend on the other side. I wanted to laugh.

“I’ll kiss your head some.” I said and then followed through, letting my lips kiss his hair. I couldn’t help but breath in as I went down in to it, the smell being intoxicating. The couple in front of us turned back to look, probably having heard my loud kisses, but as soon as they saw that it was me and Luhan making the sounds, they quickly turned back and pretended like they hadn’t seen our pose.

“Why do I have to act like the girl?” Luhan whispered and he sounded a little ticked off, which made me hold back a laugh.

“Have you even seen yourself?” I asked “you’re adorable so of course you are.”

“You think I’m… adorable?” Luhan asked, both of us keeping the conversation to whispers.

“Yeah, I do.” I said “Why?”

“N-nothing.” Luhan said and like that, he dropped the subject. Even though the people around us had noticed us and became really awkward about it, we didn’t stop. In fact, we stayed like that for the rest of the movie.

tumblr_njznzcIzRK1tfzvjjo1_540.jpgtumblr_njznzcIzRK1tfzvjjo1_540.jpgtumblr_njznzcIzRK1tfzvjjo1_540.jpg

“Do you want to come inside?” Luhan asked after our date, me once again having walked him all the way home. I hesitated for a moment, not quite sure what to answer.

“No one is going to see us in there.” I said, just to make sure Luhan knew that. He smiled at me, as if I was an idiot.

“Well, duh!” He laughed “I am asking you as a friend, not as your fakefriend.”

“Oh!” I said, understanding his meaning “Sure, why not?”

“Great!” Luhan said and proceeded to take hold of my wrist, pulling me with him to the building. I looked back right before we went in, seeing a few curious heads peak out from some trees. Good, I though, see us go in here together and imagine what real couples would do if they were alone.

 I quickly dropped every thought of the stalkers as I learned quickly what type of house Luhan lived in. I had been expecting something average since the outside didn’t look that much, but the inside…

As we entered, there was a doorman, with the uniform and all, waiting. He smiled at me and Luhan as we passed, bowing his hello to Luhan and welcoming him back. Then, as we entered the elevator, I saw to my shock that it had marble floors, matching the outstanding entry we had just passed, everything decorated in gold, marble and glass.

When we stepped out of the elevator, stopping at the seventh floor, I saw yet another beautiful setting, this one a hallway that to me looked like it could have fitted on a Hilton Hotel, this also in marble and gold with stunning architecture.

Luhan lead me down the hall and we stopped at door number 709. Before he opened it, though, he turned to me.

“I live on my own so it may be messy. Don’t judge me.”

“You live here on your own!?” I asked as Luhan unlocked the door “Who are you, some kind of hidden prince from a faraway land?”

“No,” Luhan laughed as he opened the door “but my parents lives back in the states so they’ve let me live on my own in the flat they have here in Seoul.”

You live all alone in this country!?” I asked as we walked in to the apartment.

“My older brother lives here, too.” Luhan said “Not just right here, but on the 10th floor.”

“Why don’t you live together?” I asked but Luhan didn’t answer and I got too distracted by the new surroundings so I didn’t press him in to answering.

The apartment itself was modern and I could see lots of family photos hanging on the walls as we excited the hall. I saw that they had all kinds of tech, things that I could only dream of, and meanwhile, Luhan acted like it was nothing.

He had warned me about the place being messy, but I couldn’t seem to find one single thing out of place, everything looking pristine. I seriously doubted that whenever Luhan had heard the word ‘messy’ his definition of it must’ve been wrong.

“This is the living room,” Luhan told me as we passed through a room that could’ve come straight out from a designers magazine. Unbelievable.

“This is the kitchen,” Luhan continued to show me around, showing me the toilet after the kitchen and then his parents room and a small family library along with a study for Luhan to now use as his ‘school’-room.

“Before, this was where my dad worked from.” He told me “He’s a reporter so he writes a lot in here.”

“What does your mom do, then?” I asked out of curiosity

“She owns her own business.” Luhan said “It’s nothing special, you wouldn’t have heard of it.”

“Must be pretty special if you can afford this place!” I laughed but Luhan only shrugged.

“Anyway,” he continued “this is my room.”

I had expected something that looked like the rest of the apartment, something neat and modern, but instead, it seemed like Luhan had done everything to not seem like a part of his parents style.

There were two large bookshelves, both filled with not only books but also a massive collection of souvenirs from all over the world. His walls were filled with beautiful nature posters, showing oceans and landscapes that could fit in to every single environment on earth. There were also a lot of plants, making the room look healthier than the rest of the place. Most of them were only green but some had flowers blooming. And everything was put up randomly, posters hanging messily and plants standing on the floor instead of up on a shelf. The whole bookcase seemed like a big unorganized chaos where only the owner of it could fins what he was looking for. I suddenly understood what Luhan had said about messiness.

Luhan had a large bed in the middle of the room and above it hung a grand world map which he had put pins on, red little dots marking different parts of the planet. I walked up to it, looking at the pins and admiring how many of them there were.

“Places you’ve been?” I asked, touching one of them planted on the capital of Italy.

“We travel a lot in my family.” Luhan said “Mostly, my parents do it for work but since they used to bring me, I got to visit a lot of places.”

“That’s so cool!” I exclaimed “How many countries have you been too?” I tried counting the pins but it became confusing after a while when I realized that there sometimes were more pins in a country than one.

“Maybe… about seventy?” Luhan said “I try to keep track but I always tend to forget some.”

Seventy!?” I asked, shocked “Oh God, I’ve only been out of Korea twice, both of them to visit relatives in China.”

“You’ll get time to travel.” Luhan said “and besides, you probably have a much better relationship with your home country than I do.”

“Maybe.” I said, but not getting why Luhan sounded so sad saying it. I would’ve much rather have traveled the planet than stay where I had been my whole life.

“If I had stayed here instead of jumping from school to school, country to country, maybe my life would’ve been different.” Luhan mused, touching the map and tracing his fingers from country to country.

“You think?” I asked, wondering exactly what he meant. I sat down at his bed, looking up at him by the map.

“Well, yeah.” Luhan said, sitting down next to me “I’ve always been the new guy, you know? And there’s always the most rumors and the most fuss with the new guy.”

Rumors? I thought, Maybe he had heard about the ones about him already.

“About that,” I said “I’m friends with a first year and he told me some of those rumors about you.” Luhan looked at me, almost with fright in his eyes, and I could see that he dreaded whatever I was going to say next.

“Why do they call you… that?” I asked, feeling weird saying the word out loud.

“That?” Luhan asked “You mean ‘man-eater’?”

“Y-yeah!” I said, trying to laugh. He had such a serious look in his eyes, more serious than I had ever seen him before. I almost got scared.

“It’s nothing, really.” Luhan sighed “When I started school here in Korea, there were just some photos that leaked.”

“Photos?” I asked “What kind of photos?”

“It was of me from my time in America.” Luhan said and then smiled, trying to lighten up the mood “Well, they were of me and this guy and…” he paused and then looked a bit embarrassed “I don’t know if you know but I kind of… like guys, so… you know… those kinds of pictures.”

I froze, not sure how to react. Should I look shocked? Did I feel shocked? Was I meant to be happy or angry? I decided to just sit and process it.

Luhan liked guys? Well, I wasn’t bothered about it since me myself used such a thing as an excuse to get rid of girls, so how could I judge someone who actually was gay? No, that wasn’t a problem. But the photos? What did he mean with ‘those kinds of pictures’? Was it…?

“Do you mean like… intimate pictures?” I asked, unsure of how to phrase it. Luhan opened his mouth to say something but then he realized the true meaning of what I had been asking and stopped, turning beet red.

“Oh God, no!” Luhan exclaimed “There was just a kiss or something! Nothing like… in the nudes!”

“Thank God.” I said relieved “That would’ve been awkward for you.”

“So you mean pictures of me kissing a guy isn’t?” he asked to which I shrugged.

“Nah,” I said “at least not now when you’re supposed to be dating one.” That seemed to make Luhan calmer and after a short moment, he began laughing.

“Yeah, you’re right.” He said “I can’t believe how chill you are about the whole thing.”

“Well, how did you expect me to react?” I asked “you’re talking to the guy who willingly pretends to be gay, did you really think I would have anything against it?”

“No…” Luhan said and then he broke out in to a bright smile. “You’re such a nice guy, Yixing.” He said which made me smile to him in return.

tumblr_njznzcIzRK1tfzvjjo1_540.jpgtumblr_njznzcIzRK1tfzvjjo1_540.jpgtumblr_njznzcIzRK1tfzvjjo1_540.jpg

As night fell, I decided to head home. Me and Luhan had just chatted and then relaxed for an hour or so before we realized that it was becoming dark outside.

“This has been very nice.” I told Luhan as we walked out the elevator together, Luhan insisting on taking me to the gate at least, since I’d refused him for walking me all the way home.

“I agree.” Luhan said “we should definitely hang out like we did today some more. It’s much nicer.”

“Yeah, then we can really get to know each other and not just act.” I said as the doorman opened the door for us.

“Exactly.” Luhan said “For example, today I learned that you hate cucumbers.” I made a face of disgust that made Luhan giggle. I shouldn’t have told him that, I scolded myself.

We’d arrived at the gate and I was ready to wave Luhan goodbye, but then a voice interrupted me.

“Hey, Yixing!” it yelled and I turned to find a group of girls there. The girl who had yelled looked  at Luhan hatefully and then turned back to me, hurt in her eyes.

“Why is it,” she continued, walking closer with three of her friends “that you never seem to feel attracted to your boyfriend?” she spit the last words out like she meant them like a joke.

“Yeah!” One of her friends agreed “you never seem that ‘in love’ when you say your goodbyes. You just wave at him like you were best buddies. ”

“Have you guys never heard of privacy?” I asked, sighing. Fine if they wanted to be my shadow but couldn’t they at least keep quiet?

“Well, you apparently have heard of it since you never even kiss the one you’re supposed to love!” The first one retorted, crossing her hands over her chest. I noticed that there were other girls there, too, not just the four of them but others watching us too. What drove them to sit and wait outside Luhan’s building for that long, only to harass us later on.

“If a few of you already is out, why don’t the rest of you lay off your spying?” I said, grabbing holding to Luhan’s hand, both for show and also for support. Hesitantly, Five more of them came forward and I recognized the lead girl from before stood amongst them, the same one who had pushed me to do all this. In the past week, I had learned that her name was Min Seo.

“Why can’t you guys just leave me alone!?” I asked, frustrated. “I’ve moved on from you and I’ve found someone I want to spend my time with instead, okay?”

I looked down to Luhan who looked surprise at my sudden outburst but still nodded along with my statement.

“Then why?” The lead girl asked, taking over the conversation from the other two girls who had called out to me. “why don’t you even kiss him?”

“People don’t generally snog up others at school.” I told them “that’s why.”

“Oh please,” she said “sure they do! Have you ever seen Eun Chan and her boyfriend?” I had no idea who she was talking about but apparently, Luhan did because he bit his lip nervously, as if he knew exactly what her point was. “and besides, your boyfriend over there apparently loves kissing in public. Don’t you, Luhan?” I knew that she was talking about the photos and it made me angry that she dared to sound like that to him. So mean, like a bully.

“Well, I’m not like this, Eun Chan.” I said losing my mind. “And don’t you dare utter his name like that again.” How dared they? How dared they look down on Luhan because even though not all of them had said such a snide comment as Min Seo had, I knew they were all thinking the same thing. They looked down on him for falling in love and when they saw him dating me, they apparently blamed him for taking me away from them. News flash, I though, I was never theirs to begin with.

“sorry to disappoint you but you still need to stop all of this. There’s nine of you, following a gay couple on their way home from school and all over town when they try to have a peaceful day together. Do you even know how erted that makes you sound? And since all of you apparently also seem to be waiting for some kind of make-out session, it’s even worse.”

“Then kiss him,” she answered me calmly, my heart skipped a beat at the image that appeared in my mind. “kiss him and we’ll leave you alone.” A few of the girls looked shocked at such a statement, like they didn’t agree with her, but they didn’t form any real oral objections.

“Fine!” I said and then, I quickly put my lips to Luhan’s, bending down and letting them touch for a bare second. I barely noticed it myself. “Now, leave.” I told the girls.

“That wasn’t a kiss!” she protested “that was a peck, come on! Convince us!”

“Really?” I whispered to myself, rolling my eyes.

I turned, facing Luhan straight on. He turned to me, looking a little dazed form my first attack. But then, as my fingers touched his cheeks and slowly found their way to the back of his head, he seemed to wake up. He looked to me, uncertain what seemed to be happening really was happening. I almost felt sorry for him.

“I’m so sorry about his.” I whispered to him but Luhan didn’t seem to hate me for it. He only nodded discretely before I pushed my lips to his, holding his head steady as I leaned it back a bit. I felt his hands come to rest on my waist, almost on impulse, and when I began moving my lips against his I could hear gasps from the small crowd that had gathered only to see this. Pathetic, that’s what they all were. Did I really need to force someone in to kissing me to get those stupid girls to leave me alone?

Luhan’s lips followed my motion and when I pried his lips open, ready to do whatever needed to get these stupidly dense girls off my back, I heard what I had wanted.

“Okay, stop!” The lead-girl said. I could have just stopped there but instead, I pretended like I lost a bit of my control, just to really convince them. Or at least, that’s what I told myself. There was something with the way Luhan’s lips felt against mine, the sweetness that came off them, that made me unable to stop myself abruptly, just like that. It was almost impossible to ignore the cheer force I was put under when I kissed Luhan, like he was a super-nova that was dragging everything around him to himself, making it unable for them to escape.

I took a step closer to him and the leader continued to repeat that we could stop, that it wasn’t necessary to show any more. But I still wanted to continue, wanted to because... well, I didn’t even know. To prove a point?

In the end, it was Luhan who backed away, stopping it before I began to use other things than only my lips.

I tried not to gasp as I got to breathe through my mouth again, looking down on Luhan and finding him blushing, looking as red as a tomato.

“Come on girls!” The leader said, sounding shocked, but I didn’t look at them, I kept my eyes on Luhan, still holding on to his face. He didn’t dare look in to my eyes, though, but I still looked at him, trying to hide my heavy breathing.

I could hear people shuffling away and Luhan glanced up at me once. But when he noticed that I was looking at him, he quickly turned his eyes elsewhere.

“Hey,” I said, catching his attention “did I overdo it?” He shook his head but still didn’t look at me.

“I did, right?” I sighed, slowly letting my hands fall “Sorry, but I… I just wanted to show them.” That was a not the whole truth, but Luhan didn’t need to know such a thing. Actually, it had felt good and maybe I was just using him to get rid of stalkers, but I still enjoyed kissing him, strangely.

“Y-yeah, I know…” Luhan mumbled “but I…” his voice disappeared in to a whisper and I was unable to hear the rest of the sentence.

“You what?” I asked, leaning closer.

“I’ve never been kissed like that before.” Luhan said, instantly reddening again.

“What do you mean?” I asked, not catching his meaning.

“Well, nobody have grabbed me like that before and kissed me like you did, so it just kind of threw me off.”

“Threw you off like you wanted to puke or… what?”

“No!” Luhan said, finally looking at me “Nothing like that but I was just… surprised?” he said it as if it was a question, wanting me to confirm it.

“Sorry for having… surprised you then?” I said, but then I smiled, changing approach “or maybe, it’s just that you liked it?”

“Hey!” Luhan said, becoming even redder than he had been before, if that was even possible. Even his ears turned red.

“You did!” I laughed, ruffling his hair “well, I don’t blame you! Kissing is always nice.”

“And you are a good kisser, so is it that weird that I liked it?” he said bluntly, staring down at his feet. This time, it was my turn to blush. I hadn’t been expecting such an honest reply.

“T-thank you, I guess.” I said, feeling flattered.

“I-it was nothing.” Luhan mumbled.

I looked around us, finding no trace of any girls around anymore, I smiled.

“At least it seemed like we succeeded in making them go away.” I said, changing to a more approachable subject.

“Yeah,” Luhan said, looking around us “I guess we did.”

“I almost want to kiss you again for that!” I joked which earned me a playful punch on the arm, Luhan smiling as he did it.

“Don’t get too cocky with me!” he said, having gotten past his embarrassment.

“Why?” I asked “are you trying to pretend that you can resist the kissing master?” I asked which made Luhan laugh, a sound I had begin liking more than what was probably healthy. It was just that whenever he laughed, genuinely laughed, his whole face lit up and as the sound reach my ears, along with the visual image, I couldn’t help but getting happy myself.

“Well, Mr. kiss master, I’ll see you on Monday.” Luhan said, smiling playfully at me.

“I’ll pick you up.” I said and then, just for teasing him, I pecked him quickly on his lips before I left.

“Hey!” Luhan cried after me “Don’t make that in to a habit!”

“Already have!” I yelled back, laughing and behind me, I could hear Luhan laugh too.



A/N
Hello again! Sorry for taking such a long time writing again but I had a bit of trouble writing this chapter, but now it's done, finally! :P

I hoped you liked their first kiss, because I certainly did! Maybe now, Yixing can finally get rid of those annoying girls! (But let's face it, if people from EXO went to our school, wouldn't we stalk them too? XD)

Thank you for all of your nice comments, telling me how excited you are! Your excitement makes me excited! And thank you to those of you who upvoted~ Lots of love to you!

BYE!