Chapter Ten

The Fakefriend






I had trouble sleeping that night, wondering what had happened to Luhan and if he and his brother managed to solve the thing they had together, whatever it was.

Once I was on my way to Luhan’s place the next morning, I couldn’t help but wonder why Luhan had acted like he had. Why did he need to suddenly turn in to some kind of protector? Was Lujian some kind of violent guy who was famous for beating people up? Or was he an experienced offender to which Luhan wanted to protect me from? Or maybe Luhan was worried that I would hate his brother and not want to hang out with him because of it?

My mind was spinning and I couldn’t wait to speak with Luhan to figure it all out because surely, he would have the answers.

But I didn’t get the chance to ask him because once I arrived at the gate, Luhan wasn’t alone.

“Good morning!” Lujian said, standing next to Luhan and a familiar car. “I’ll be driving the two of you to school today, doesn’t that seem nice?” Lujian said whilst his little brother had his arms crossed over his chest, looking utterly displeased with the arrangements.

“Oh, that’s…” I looked to Luhan who only shook his head in disapproval “nice.”

Luhan sighed.

“I know, right?” Lujian said, smiling his player smile. When the two brothers stood together like that, I couldn’t help myself from wondering what kind of super genes their parents had for producing two gorgeous guys like them. It kind of felt unfair to not only have one hot child but two!

“Let’s go, we don’t want to be late, right?” Lujian said “Yixing, do you want to call shotgun-“

“Shotgun!” Luhan exclaimed and rushed to the car, jumping inside and throwing the car door shut. Two seconds later, a small peep could be heard from the car and Luhan’s face changed from one to triumph to one of anguish. He grabbed hold of the car door, trying to make it open, but it was locked.

Lujian laughed and held up his car keys in front of the window, Luhan glaring at him.

“Let me out.” Luhan said angrily, not happy with being tricked.

“Soon.” Lujian said, smiling “I need to speak to your friend first and I can’t do that with you around.”

“Lujian!” Luhan cried out, pushing the car window as Lujian turned to me. “Stop it! Don’t you touch him!”

“Calm down!” Lujian said “I’m not going to do anything, I promise.”

Lujian turned to me, smiling apologetically.

“Sorry about that.” He said “My brother has got it in his brain that I’m some kind of monster that’s going to hurt you but I assure you, I won’t do something so stupid.”

“Okay, but then why can’t Luhan be here with us, too?” I asked, looking to Luhan’s concentrated eyes, hoping he could hear what the two of us were saying – which he couldn’t.

“Because,” Lujian said, walking closer to me, close enough so that Luhan would get nervous but not close enough to make me uncomfortable “I need to speak with you privately, I don’t want him to hear this.”

“Then what is it?” I asked, wanting to get it over with so that I could get out of this awkward situation.

“Well, you see,” Lujian said, letting his hand glide through his hair as he smiled “Luhan, he’s a bit… I guess you could say fragile.”

“So?” I asked, trying not to notice all of Lujian’s movements. There was something about him that made it impossible to not stare. He made you feel comfortable but at the same time nervous and I wondered if others besides me felt the same thing when being close to him.

“That means that you may need to be extra careful around him, okay?” Lujian said “He’s been through some stuff so it’s important that if you’re going to be close to him, that you know that you can never just leave him, okay?” His eyes bore in to me, much more serious than I ever thought they could be “If you know now that Luhan is someone that you wouldn’t want to have around you for the rest of your life, be it a friend or something else, you need to get out of here right now.”

The flirty Lujian from before had suddenly changed in to something much more dangerous and I found myself backed up against the wall that enclosed the brother’s house, having taken a few steps away from him as he spoke. His eyes had some kind of glow to them that made me all shaky an I wondered what had triggered such a thing to wake up inside of him. What had happened in Luhan’s past to make his brother make such a warning to someone who was beginning to get close to him.

“Do you understand that Zhang Yixing?” Lujian asked to which I nodded, not able to utter any words since he had completely shocked me with this different kind of attitude.

“Good!” Lujian said and instantly, he was back to the one he had been the day before and earlier that morning, smiling and easy going. “Then let’s get back to my brother, he’s probably thinking that I’ve you by now.” He laughed and walked back to the car, unlocking it and getting in before I had time to even reach my own seat.

Once inside, though, Luhan instantly turned to me, worry written all over his face.

“Are you alright?” He asked “He didn’t do anything stupid, right? He didn’t touch you? Tell me-“

“I’m fine, Luhan.” I smiled, though I was a little shaken. “No big deal, your brother just wanted to talk.”

“Yeah, sure that’s all he wanted.” Luhan said, throwing daggers at his brother with his eyes.

“Why must you always think the worst of me?” Lujian asked as we drove down the road.

“I’m not going to dignify that stupid comment with a proper answer.” Luhan said, then turned back to me. “I’m sorry about my brother. He’s not the nicest person in the world.”

“That’s alright, Luhan.” I said, smiling at his concern. It made me happy that he worried about me, even though I hadn’t even been in any danger… I think.

“Hey!” Lujian said “I’m nice, okay?”

“Sure you are.” Luhan said sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

“Ask any of my friends and they’ll tell you I’m the nicest person they know.” Lujian said.

“That’s only because you bribe them with money.” Luhan said glumly, sitting back in his seat properly.

“Not true and you know it.” Lujian said to which Luhan didn’t say anything. There was a weird silence after that, not uncomfortable, but as if there were words hanging in the air that the two of them wanted to say but couldn’t, probably because I was there and they didn’t want to make a scene out of it.

We arrived at school quicker than I thought and as soon as Lujian had dropped us off, firing off yet another one of his smiles as he said goodbye, Luhan grabbed hold of me and dragged me behind a tree.

As we came to a stop under the branches, he started to glance around to make sure no one was around and then looked at me with serious eyes.

“What did he say?” He asked, eyes burning with curiosity.

“Nothing special, really.” I said, not wanting to freak Luhan out by telling him how threatening his brother had seemed. Lujian probably hadn’t meant to freak me out.

“Oh, cut it off.” Luhan said “It’s my brother we’re talking about, everything he says is special.”

“He just kind of warned me.” I sighed, reluctant to continue speaking.

“Warned you?” Luhan asked “About what?”

“He was just acting like your usual worried brother, not wanting me to hurt you.” I said, hoping that would satisfy him. I preferred if I didn’t need to tell him anymore, only because I didn’t want to scare Luhan in return. What if he honestly thought his brother would hurt me? Their relationship already was tense, did I really need to make it worse with telling him how his brother kind of threatens his friends?

“He probably has some kind of hidden plan behind that…” Luhan pondered “He would never care for me like that.”

“Of course he would, he’s your brother, right?” I asked, shocked.

“Yes he is.” Luhan said “And that’s exactly why it’s strange. Lujian has never really cared for me, so it’s strange that he’s chosen this as a time to act all protective.”

“What’s up with you and your brother’s relationship anyway?” I asked, curious as to what kind of event brought them to be like this against each other.

“You want to know?” Luhan asked and that’s the moment the school clock rang, signaling for the start of class, and me and Luhan was far from the classrooms.

“I’ll tell you after school, okay?” Luhan said to which I nodded “Is it okay with you that we hang out at your place instead of mine after school for a while? I don’t want Lujian running in on us or something.”

“Yeah, sure.” I said “If that makes you more comfortable.”

“Thanks.” Luhan said and quickly kissed me goodbye before he ran for the quickest route to his classroom.

tumblr_njznzcIzRK1tfzvjjo1_540.jpgtumblr_njznzcIzRK1tfzvjjo1_540.jpgtumblr_njznzcIzRK1tfzvjjo1_540.jpg

As I walked to class for first period, and later when me and Tao met up with Luhan for lunch (Sehun still wanting to keep away) I noticed that people had begun staring at me again. At first, in the morning, I had just dismissed the whole thing as something I was only imagining. But then, when Tao had also begun to feel uncomfortable beside me, I realized that there were eyes following me, eyes that belonged to girls.

“I think the stalkers are coming back.” I muttered under my breath as the three of us sat down to eat.

“They’ve really been staring at you again.” Tao confirmed “you think they know you’re faking?” He uttered that last words as if he didn’t believe in my statement that me and Luhan still wasn’t anything more than friends in real life.

“If they know that, then why have they also been stalking me all morning?” Luhan asked and I noticed how uncomfortable he seemed then, sitting close to me as if I was some kind of shield he could hide behind. Once it came to girls, it was my turn to be the knight and Luhan the prince who needed saving. It was a totally different story when it came to Lujian, though.

“That’s weird.” I said, wondering why such a thing would happen. If everyone found out that Luhan and I was really not boyfriends, then wouldn’t the girls completely ignore him? Maybe they would be mean to him, but I didn’t think they would only stand by, watching him as he went through his day.

“No, it’s not.” Tao said, looking at his phone to find answers. And that, he seemed to have gotten “Jesus , these girls are crazy.”

“Why?” I asked “Hand me the phone!” He quickly handed it over so me and Luhan could see what he was looking at.

It appeared that he was once again on twitter like he’d been the day before after mine and Luhan’s first public make out session, this time though, he had been following a hashtag. I recognized the word, LuXing, from the day before since that’s what the girl who had posted that picture of me and Luhan had tagged the photo with and it didn’t take a genius to understand that it was the joint names of Luhan and Yixing.

What shocked me, though, was that there were several other tweets under the tag besides hers, and with several I didn’t mean like a dozen but more like ten dozens. Some of the tweets were just text, saying things like how cute we were together and other fairly harmless stuff.

But then there were pictures, pictures I hadn’t even noticed being taken of us. Like this morning when we stepped out the car together, or from yesterday afternoon when we walked home together, hand in hand.

“Those freaking girls.” I cursed under my breath, not comprehending why, even though I had crushed their chances with me, they still did crazy stuff like this, following us around and being all stalker-y.

“Some of these tweets are kind of… ual.” Luhan said, pointing out some tweets I hadn’t seen.

폭리나 @PokRiNa08: Imagine Luhan giving Yixing a #LuXing

사뮹해 @MyungheyaXO: I wish we could get a o with those two, gosh, HOT! #LuXing

쿤지운 @KunKunLove: What if we discovered #LuXing  ing in the bathroom? \=>_<=/

There were some more tweets just like them mixed together with the more innocent tweets and the creepily taken pictures and even though the tweets didn’t bother me as much as the pictures, since that felt more private to me, I could tell that Luhan was really embarrassed about the dirty tweets.

“Are they really imagining stuff like that?” He asked me and Tao, red as a tomato.

“They’re girls.” Tao sighed “If there’s one thing they are as crazy about as hot guys, then it’s hot guys ing.”

“But we aren’t-“ Luhan began.

“Don’t you find it more disturbing that they have begun stalking again?” I asked, cutting him off.

“Well, not as much.” Luhan said “I just find it way too embarrassing that people are thinking such things about me when they see us together.”

“Both of them are creepy” Tao said “and I would’ve hated both, but that doesn’t change the fact that they need to stop.” We all could agree on that.

Since we were sitting at a secluded place, I felt comfortable talking about a solution freely with them and since neither of us needed to worry about blowing the current cover since nobody could listen in, we could discuss our next step without holding anything back.

“Maybe you should stop pretending to be a couple?” Tao suggested to which I felt my body go cold at.

“No!” I said, too quickly, and Tao and Luhan looked at me in surprise. I was just as surprised as them but I instantly realized why I hadn’t wanted to go through with that kind of a plan and told them straight away.

“Then I’ll go back to square one, having girls stalking me and constantly confessing and I just can’t do that again.” This explanation seemed to make sense to both Luhan and me but Tao looked at me with a mixture of entertainment and disbelief, not really falling for it.

“Then what?” He asked “what other solutions are there?”

“We could not be as touchy in public?” Luhan suggested, looking to me for an answer.

“Maybe,” I said but instantly came up with a counter argument, something in me telling me that I still needed to be able to touch him “but I think it wouldn’t be that effective since they already have come to this stage. And if we start touching less, maybe the stalking will only become more intense since they want to catch us kissing.” The kissing, I based on the amount of retweets the original LuXing tweet had gotten  - which were over a hundred.

“You could pretend to go on a short break, both of you wanting to focus on your studies?” Tao suggested.

“No, everyone already knows that I can manage just fine even if I’m together with Luhan.” I said “In middle school, I did several different sports and had top grades, and people would probably be able to easily sniff that out.”

“Then what do you suggest, since you obviously hates our plans.” Tao said, and I could see a glint in his eyes that I didn’t like. He had the same kind of glint whenever he won a bet or had his point proven true, and a victorious Tao was the worst kind of Tao. He was the worst winner in the world. Though I had no idea as to what he was feeling like he was winning.

“I think I should just try to talk to them.” I said “If I put on my charmer-smile and figure out some story as to why they have to leave us alone, then maybe I can at least get rid of the stalker pictures?”

“We could try.” Luhan said hopefully “But what about those other tweets?”

“Well, I don’t know if we even can do anything about them.” I said “I mean, they’re just words and I don’t know if there’s anything concrete we can come up with that’ll make them stop. And besides, we don’t need to notice them if we don’t search on the hashtag. With people following us, though, it’s a whole other story, then it’s not only happening inside those girls heads but IRL.”

We decided that for the best result, we would make a video after school and post it to twitter under the hashtag, that way, we could get the message out the quickest and the easiest way. Since neither I nor Luhan had a twitter account, we got to borrow Tao’s for the occasion and would post the video there later, we only needed to film it first.

Lunch ended and Luhan ran off to his classroom without me following him there, partly because we didn’t want our picture taken and partly because I wanted to spare Sehun the awkwardness if he happened to be there. I’d give him at least a week to get used to me and Luhan in an “official” relationship before throwing it up his face.

“You do know that your feelings are showing, right?” Tao asked me as if noting me that I had forgotten to tie my shoes.

“What?” I asked, not understanding what he meant.

“You’ve started to make it a bit too obvious, man.” Tao said.

“Made what too obvious?”

“Oh, come on.” Tao sighed “are you still going on about that ‘I don’t know anything’-?”

“You really need to start speaking in Korean and stop it with your cryptic language.” I noted, hating how he spoke sometimes.

“I’m talking about your obvious crush on your boyfriend.” Tao said.

“I’ll tell you this again and again, for however long you need to hear it,” I said, leaning in to whisper the next sentence in his ear “I’m not crushing on him.”

“Oh but you are.” Tao whispered back “and I think everyone at lunch knows that too, just from looking at you.”

“It’s an act, and you know it.” I rumbled, finding Tao incredibly annoying when he was like this.

“Not anymore.” Tao said “Please, Yixing, think.”

“I am thinking and I think you are confusing ‘liking’ with ‘liking’.” I toned the two words differently, making one of them sound like the friend-like and the other like the more-like.

“No, you are confusing an mutual attraction and feelings of liking for something as simple as friendship instead of what it truly is.” Tao insisted and when I tried to argue against him again he only spoke again “why else would you so easily dismiss mine and Luhan’s suggestions for the two of you toning it down? You only want an excuse to be touching him and that’s the truth and you know it.”

I shut up after that because I couldn’t deny that for that split second that I imagined me and Luhan not being Fakefriends anymore I grew cold and unhappy. Honestly, I would’ve hated not being able to touch him every day, to kiss him when I see him and talk to him with my problems and have him talk to me about his. If I didn’t have that contact with him every day, I would probably go mad. 








A/N

Hi guys!! So, it hasn't exactely been a month but... almost! But I'm glad to announce that I get on my summer break in two days! Woho! I'm hoping to be able to update this story this weekend, but we'll see how much I need to sleep (I have a lot of sleeping to do since I don't get enough of that when I'm in school! XD)

Anyway, I hope I'm not boring you with my none Rated M chapters but I promise you there's some rated stuff coming up! :P

I had so much fun writing the whole "girls are crazy about boyxboy"-thing, because we truly are! Why else would there be members of this site and readers of this story, right? XD I just find it hillarious to write since all of us are just as bad as the girls at their school, lol! (But oh well, what can you do! >_<)

Now I have to get back to bed! (It's currently 04:30 where I live and even though I don't need to be up early tomorrow, I still need to be sleeping! XD) I hope I'll be able to update in a few days! Love you guys, thank you for your patience~!